PDA

View Full Version : Terrance Pennington

Lee-83
11-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I personally would like to congradulate the rook after his great performance against "Super Mario"! Tp dominated Mario all day, and I would like to say good job!

gil
11-22-2006, 09:03 AM
I personally would like to congradulate the rook after his great performance against "Super Mario"! Tp dominated Mario all day, and I would like to say good job!
I think the whole o-line did a better job in pass protection, but it was actually Peters who was lined up against Williams.

Here's a bit about that from Monday's Bflo News:

Bills left tackle Jason Peters obviously didn't buy the hype surrounding Houston rookie defensive end Mario Williams. The top pick in April's draft was mostly invisible Sunday. He was in on two tackles but didn't record a sack.

Thanks to the prodding of his teammates, Peters was fired up about facing Williams.

"I went into the game with a chip on my shoulder," Peters said. "Everybody was talking about Mario Williams this, Mario Williams that and him being the first pick in the draft. Guys were saying, "What are you going to do about it?' I just said I was going to go out and block him like anybody else."

gr8slayer
11-22-2006, 09:04 AM
I think the whole o-line did a better job in pass protection, but it was actually Peters who was lined up against Williams.

Here's a bit about that from Monday's Bflo News:
Eh, Pennington went up against Williams more than Peters did.

Romes
11-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Williams was playing on a bum ankle too...

They'll get a real good test next week.

gil
11-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Eh, Pennington went up against Williams more than Peters did.

ahh, well I stand corrected - it's tough to see all the matchups on the little TV we get for the Bills game at the bar - then good for Pennington!

Jeff1220
11-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Williams was playing on a bum ankle too...

They'll get a real good test next week.

He has plantar fascitis, which is a condition in the muscle fibers and tissue on the bottom of the foot. I have had it, and actually have a minor case of it now, and it can be extremely painful at times and pretty non-existant others. It's not the type of injury that is constantly in pain. I would describe it as feeling like stepping on something sharp. A severe case, you might feel it in most steps. Minor cases, you might experience discomfort in one out of 10 or more steps. It didn't stop me from running a marathon a few weeks ago, so I doubt a tough NFL player would be affect that much by it.

Romes
11-22-2006, 11:40 AM
He has plantar fascitis, which is a condition in the muscle fibers and tissue on the bottom of the foot. I have had it, and actually have a minor case of it now, and it can be extremely painful at times and pretty non-existant others. It's not the type of injury that is constantly in pain. I would describe it as feeling like stepping on something sharp. A severe case, you might feel it in most steps. Minor cases, you might experience discomfort in one out of 10 or more steps. It didn't stop me from running a marathon a few weeks ago, so I doubt a tough NFL player would be affect that much by it.

I did not know that. Thanks.

TigerJ
11-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Mario was moving around at the start of the season, but the Texans decided to leave him at RDE for a while to let him get used to the pro game. However, because Buffalo is starting a seventh round rookie at RT, the Texans decided to move him around just for this last week's game and he played a lot at LDE.

Plantar fasciitis is what sent Ryan Neufeld to the IR, so it can be pretty painful. I too have had it. Who knows exactly how much it might have hampered Mario Williams' performance, if at all.

In any case it's starting to look like McNally may have finally found his long term solution at tackle, if we're lucky. Pennington has to get a few more games under his belt before we'll really know that much.

justasportsfan
11-22-2006, 11:48 AM
He's McNAlly's next project after Peters . Has the physical and athletic tools that they started him over Butler. My guess is, they are preparing him to be our starting RT next year. He had the longest reach in his draft class.