PDA

View Full Version : DirecTv Subscribers...

Historian
11-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Tomorrow night's Broncos-Chiefs game will be on Channel 95 in High Definition.

:up:

Michael82
11-22-2006, 08:57 AM
**** the money hungry NFL! :mad:

OpIv37
11-22-2006, 08:58 AM
thanks for the info- it pisses me off that cheap-ass DirecTV doesn't broadcast NFLN in HD all the time.

OpIv37
11-22-2006, 08:59 AM
**** the money hungry NFL! :mad:

wtf are you talking about? How does DirecTV broadcasting football in HD make the NFL money-hungry?

As far as I'm concerned, HD was invented for football.

Michael82
11-22-2006, 09:18 AM
wtf are you talking about? How does DirecTV broadcasting football in HD make the NFL money-hungry?

As far as I'm concerned, HD was invented for football.
i'm mad because the NFL is screwing over anyone who doesn't have satellite or one of the companies that kissed their ass.

Mitchy moo
11-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Wow thanks, I'll watch it on there.

Jeff1220
11-22-2006, 10:02 AM
i'm mad because the NFL is screwing over anyone who doesn't have satellite or one of the companies that kissed their ass.

Blame Time Warner.

Gunzlingr
11-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Blame Time Warner.

The biggest cable provider in SD isn't carrying the night game. They carry NFLN, but they are telling their customers that it costs too much to show tomorrow nights game.

I don't know if they will have dead air or what since my provider doesn't have NFLN.

OpIv37
11-22-2006, 11:04 AM

well the NFL can't make cable providers carry NFLN.

hammerbillsfan
11-22-2006, 11:42 AM
:lolpoint: Mikey

Michael82
11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
The biggest cable provider in SD isn't carrying the night game. They carry NFLN, but they are telling their customers that it costs too much to show tomorrow nights game.

I don't know if they will have dead air or what since my provider doesn't have NFLN.
See I told you....the NFL wants ridiculous amounts of money just to broadcast their game on their channel, which the cable and satellite suppliers would pass onto the customers. That's crazy. I wouldnt be surprised if the government steps in and starts the anti-trust stuff.

OpIv37
11-22-2006, 12:13 PM
See I told you....the NFL wants ridiculous amounts of money just to broadcast their game on their channel, which the cable and satellite suppliers would pass onto the customers. That's crazy. I wouldnt be surprised if the government steps in and starts the anti-trust stuff.

there has to be something in it for the providers- advertising money perhaps?

Michael82
11-22-2006, 12:15 PM
I especially love how they give junk games for the regular people that will only get the day games. Yet they have a sweet matchup for the night game.....KC vs Denver? :drool:

OpIv37
11-22-2006, 12:17 PM
I especially love how they give junk games for the regular people that will only get the day games. Yet they have a sweet matchup for the night game.....KC vs Denver? :drool:

well you're pretty much assured a junk game when one of the teams is Detroit.

Michael82
11-22-2006, 12:17 PM
there has to be something in it for the providers- advertising money perhaps?
from what i'm reading all over the place, the NFL wants $140 million for the right to their Network and want it on all basic cable which would increase cable rights nationwide big time. :ill:

Time Warner, Cablevision, and even Comcast are all fighting the NFL in this, along with some smaller companies.

Michael82
11-22-2006, 12:18 PM
well you're pretty much assured a junk game when one of the teams is Detroit.
true....but why the hell do we have to see Miami at Detroit every single ****ing year? I'm sick of that matchup. Oh and don't even get me started with the Bucs at Dallas.... :puke:

Michael82
11-22-2006, 12:23 PM
I love this quote...it shows that the NFL definitely isnt innocent in this whole thing... :ill:

The NFL Network filed a lawsuit against Comcast, which is trying to make the channel a premium tier offering for new subscribers.
"Comcast is prepared to add the NFL Network on our digital sports tier in our new Time Warner and those Adelphia systems that don't already carry the channel," Comcast executive vice president David Cohen said. "Unfortunately, the NFL has filed a lawsuit and Comcast cannot move ahead until the litigation is resolved. Comcast believes it has the right to carry the NFL Network on a sports tier and will vigorously defend its position."
Spokesman Mark Harrad says Time Warner would pay $140 million a year to provide the channel to all 13.5 million of its subscribers in 33 states, placing it in the top five most expensive cable networks.
"If we put all expensive sports programming on the standard tier of service, that would increase our rates to all of our customers, even those who didn't particularly care about football or these games," said Harrad.
NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky countered that other cable companies and the two main satellite providers are "happily" carrying the network.
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061122/SPORTS02/611220356/1063

Basically, the NFL wants it their way or the highway. :ill:

The_Philster
11-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Detroit and Dallas have hosted Thanksgiving DAY games for decades...that's why those are the day games...tradition.

BILLSROCK1212
11-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Detroit and Dallas have hosted Thanksgiving DAY games for decades...that's why those are the day games...tradition.if Miami ever has the shot at the game it recently it seems like they give it to them

Historian
11-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Time to start rotating other teams on Thanksgiving.

I'm sick of Dallas Detroit.

OpIv37
11-22-2006, 06:23 PM
if Miami ever has the shot at the game it recently it seems like they give it to them

well, what do you expect? The NFL has to get one AFC team in on Thanksgiving. The Bills and the Jets were both supposed to suck this year, and they already have Detroit to deal with. And God forbid the NFL ever give their pet team (the Patriots) a short week before a road game. The goal is to make it EASIER for the Pats to win, not HARDER.

LtFinFan66
11-22-2006, 06:40 PM
QUICK!! Someone give me a couple grand so I can get a big ass HD TV to watch on!!

LtFinFan66
11-22-2006, 06:58 PM
true....but why the hell do we have to see Miami at Detroit every single ****ing year? I'm sick of that matchup. Oh and don't even get me started with the Bucs at Dallas.... :puke:Yeah Mikey....every freakin' year...this is like the 3rd time we have ever played the Lions on Thanksgiving.,,EVER!!! Nice try though. We played Dallas the last 2 times in 2000 and 1993. :shakeno:

hammerbillsfan
11-22-2006, 07:01 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XZbGceZoeqQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XZbGceZoeqQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LtFinFan66
11-22-2006, 07:05 PM
if Miami ever has the shot at the game it recently it seems like they give it to themyeah, 1st time since 2000 and 1993 before that. Don't be hating!

Typ0
11-23-2006, 12:21 AM
I like the Dallas Detroit tradition.

Michael82
11-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Time to start rotating other teams on Thanksgiving.

I'm sick of Dallas Detroit.
Me too. Both games always suck! :puke:

Dozerdog
11-23-2006, 07:03 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about.

My cable company carries the NFL Network. Fat & lazy consumers that didn't go out and get a TV provider that gives them what they want miss out.

I applaud the NFL making more games available to a national audience at more times. Put this game on Sunday and you probably would have missed it anyway