PDA

View Full Version : Price Starting to Whine?

RedEyE
11-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Read this article with a grain of salt, as the author could have most definitly twisted the quotes you are about to read. If, however, Price is starting his Buffalo ritual and Keyshawn like chants, I will lose what little respect I have for him.

Then again, if he can continue to make TD catches like he did Sunday returning to the Peerless of 2002, maybe then it's not such bad thing.

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20061122/1074066.asp

In the old days, Buffalo Bills receiver Peerless Price might have sounded off long ago about not getting the ball. There's a pretty good chance he would have started with the quarterback before quickly voicing his displeasure with the coaching staff and eventually taking his beef to the media.

Price has taken a more subtle and definitely more patient approach to his role in the Bills' offense this season. The No. 2 receiver behind Lee Evans has been trying to give young quarterback J.P. Losman enough time to get comfortable with the offense. He figures Losman will eventually find him.
Oh, by the way, Price says he's open.

That is, ahem, if Losman can find him.
Losman and the Bills offense had struggled for much of the season before Sunday. Price has 29 catches for 252 yards and two touchdowns this season, which is second behind Evans in all three categories. Years ago, he complained frequently under much better circumstances but has been a good soldier this season.
"It's been frustrating because we've been losing," Price said. "If I were in a situation where we were winning and not getting any balls thrown my way and not getting an opportunity to make plays, I wouldn't care. Those games that we lost, and I wasn't getting an opportunity, that was the frustrating part because I feel like I can contribute."

Night Train
11-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Price is Full of S*** .

In the first 4 home games, he was rarely if ever open.

BillsNick
11-22-2006, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't blame him for wanting the ball. I don't think he is complaining, I think he is saying that he wants more chances to help the team. I like Price's attitude.

justasportsfan
11-22-2006, 09:22 AM
I don't think any wr would ever say he's always covered. He wouldn't be doing his job if he admits it.

Another thing is, when the qb is told to minimize his throws, he's gonna look for his no. 1 guy first when they let him throw and we all know it's Evans. Price was not even JP's no.2 , Reed was until he went down with an injury. There's also JP's check down guys who were either Royals or the rb.

After that throw and catch I think JP will have more confidence in Price.

Forward_Lateral
11-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Every WR who's ever played thinks they are open EVERY play. Price is no different. I agree with him, I think they should use him more. His speed is being wasted, IMO.

EDS
11-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Price has made two plays all season and been a complete non-factor the rest of the time. He needs to stop talking, get open and make more plays before he has any grounds to stand on. There is a reason he is averaging less then 9 yards per catch.

madness
11-22-2006, 09:27 AM
Jauron:

On Price saying that he has been open all year and needs more opportunities<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
It could, but what happens is that JP generally goes where he is supposed to go with the ball. (When you have) catches like that (will help) the quarterback gain more confidence, not that he lacks confidence in Peerless Price. He’s a high-quality, NFL receiver. As you pointed out, I can’t ever recall having a receiver say to me that they were covered.

RedEyE
11-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Every WR who's ever played thinks they are open EVERY play. Price is no different. I agree with him, I think they should use him more. His speed is being wasted, IMO.

I think he's lost a step. There was a play on Sunday where Peerless was one on one heading up the right side and he couldn't get seperation from the corner. JP read the play perfectly and put the ball where Price should have been and away from the corner. Price just couldn't get those jets fired up to came up short.

BillsNick
11-22-2006, 09:38 AM
He sure came through on that touchdown play. He hasn't been known for his hands, and that was an amazing catch. Excellant concentration to drag his feet.

Night Train
11-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Price has made two plays all season and been a complete non-factor the rest of the time. He needs to stop talking, get open and make more plays before he has any grounds to stand on. There is a reason he is averaging less then 9 yards per catch.

Thank You.

ParanoidAndroid
11-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Price has 11 receptions for first downs. I recall acouple of times he twisted his body around and snagged a ball out of the air that was thrown down the right seam and just over the corner's head.
He's made 2 plays that were touchdowns. He has made some other nice plays as well.
For as little as this team throws the ball, Price isn't doing all that bad.

BillsNick
11-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Price has 11 receptions for first downs. I recall acouple of times he twisted his body around and snagged a ball out of the air that was thrown down the right seam and just over the corner's head.
He's made 2 plays that were touchdowns. He has made some other nice plays as well.
For as little as this team throws the ball, Price isn't doing all that bad.

Agreed :up:

I think he will start seeing a few more balls thrown his way now.