PDA

View Full Version : Spikes Missing

MGinestre
11-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Anyone hear why Spikes missed practice today? Sorry if I missed it.

OpIv37
11-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Anyone hear why Spikes missed the game on Sunday?

Oh wait- he was there? Are you sure? I don't recall seeing him.

Cntrygal
11-22-2006, 03:31 PM

I haven't heard. :(

Mitchy moo
11-22-2006, 03:32 PM
oh no.:candle:

MGinestre
11-22-2006, 03:33 PM
I just read on wgr550.com that it's for personal reasons.

Cntrygal
11-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Can you post the link?

Yasgur's Farm
11-22-2006, 04:15 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=1999
Doesn't sound like a big deal.

Mahdi
11-22-2006, 04:34 PM

Actually Spikes is really the one who forced that Houston fumble by the FB. If you watch it Spikes chases him down from behind then punches the ball out. He is getting better but it takes time to come back from that type of injury. What I am encouraged by is that you see his speed is coming back. Its only a matter of time before he starts making his plays. The other reason he isnt making as much impact is that he is the SLB, which means he is lined up with the other teams TE, which means a lot of the time he has to deal with being blocked by him or covering him on a route, whereas Crowell gets to rome free. I think that should be switched around.

THATHURMANATOR
11-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Yeah give the guy a break. It takes time to come back from that.

chernobylwraiths
11-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Doesn't seem to be affecting Julius Peterson as much. But these injuries do affect players in different ways. I think Cowart was just starting to get back to form when he got another injury (to his knee I believe). I am glad he seems to be getting better. I hope his attitude gets better as well.

Jeff1220
11-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Spikes will be a beast again. Honestly, it's amazing that he is a solid starting LB just over a year removed from that type of injury.

Tatonka
11-22-2006, 06:06 PM

that was pretty funny..

and true.:oops:

Mahdi
11-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Doesn't seem to be affecting Julius Peterson as much. But these injuries do affect players in different ways. I think Cowart was just starting to get back to form when he got another injury (to his knee I believe). I am glad he seems to be getting better. I hope his attitude gets better as well.
Julien Peterson didnt injure his achilles last season, it was the year before. And last year being his first year back from the injury he had average stats. So it seems Spikes is right on pace for someone with that injury.

Marvelous
11-23-2006, 02:42 AM

Sore Vagina?

jamze132
11-23-2006, 03:29 AM
Spikes is slowly getting better, I bet he is ready to get it on next year when we should be one of the better defenses again with the experience that our younger guys are getting.

mybills
11-23-2006, 05:57 AM

:rofl: I was gonna post something like this, but deleted it. Other than that one play, the only time I saw him was when he jumped on the pile after someone else already tackled the guy.

Marvelous
11-23-2006, 12:36 PM
I misplaced my wifes Spikes jersey....oops

G. Host
11-23-2006, 01:39 PM
:rofl: I was gonna post something like this, but deleted it. Other than that one play, the only time I saw him was when he jumped on the pile after someone else already tackled the guy.
I do not think your poor eyesight is a factor in this discussion. Better to discuss it on TTZ. Spikes helped cause a fumble in that game last week.

According to Bills Spikes had to handle some personal issues and his absense was excused.

Marvelous
11-23-2006, 02:12 PM
I think WE ALL se that his injury has changed him and he will never be the insane BEAST he was before..I/we agree taht a 75% Spikes is still better then alot of OLB's..I'm pissed because he was a bright spot on our team..I think we all overrate our players because we love the Bills but SPikes was all that & then some. Now he's lost that edge...I REALLY WANT HIM BACK AT 100%. So pouting is allowed right?

gr8slayer
11-23-2006, 03:24 PM

He looked pretty damn good to me on Sunday. He was taking on the blocks and Fletcher was getting the tackles. It's not all about stats.

OpIv37
11-23-2006, 03:36 PM
He looked pretty damn good to me on Sunday. He was taking on the blocks and Fletcher was getting the tackles. It's not all about stats.

taking blocks? 5 million a season to take blocks? This is the guy who used to be a total ball hawk- always in on the play, deflecting passes, sacks, interceptions- a true big-play linebacker. And now he takes blocks? Please- you're grasping at straws.

Look, Spikes is probably my favorite player on the Bills right now. I have two of his jerseys (one autographed). But this injury has gotten the best of him and he will never be the player that he was. It's a tough break for the team and an even tougher one for him as an individual but there's nothing we can do about it.

X-Era
11-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah give the guy a break. It takes time to come back from that.

from personal reasons? are you being sarcastic?

Forward_Lateral
11-23-2006, 03:40 PM
It takes 2 years to recover from these types of achilles injuries. LIke the poster said before, Julian Peterson injured his 2 years ago, and is finally back close to what he was.

mybills
11-24-2006, 06:57 AM
I do not think your poor eyesight is a factor in this discussion. Spikes helped cause a fumble in that game last week.

I have poor eyesight because I'm talking about the same play you are?

:dizzy:

G. Host
11-24-2006, 08:39 AM
I have poor eyesight because I'm talking about the same play you are?

:dizzy:

Yes. I have extremely poor eyesight (blind in one eye and barely can see in other) so if you see the same as me you have poor eyesight.

mybills
11-24-2006, 08:40 AM
:rofl: okaaaay!