• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

AJC repprts on Price

In todays Atlanat Journal Constitution they had a big article on Peerless Price and his visit to ATL, they had a quote from owner Athur Blank, which basically was that they are willing to sign him or trade for him but not at the cost of two 1st rounders.

Sounds to me like he plans on making a compensation offer soon.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Here is a link:

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Interesting excerpt:

''The fact [Price] is in for a visit means he's the first one on our list [and lives in Atlanta]. We're just feeling out the situation,'' Anderson said. ''But all three [Price, Boston and Coles] are on our radar. There's a wildcard involved [with Price], and that's the Bills. Buffalo has to indicate . . . they're looking for.''

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

I'd be suprised and dissapointed if we don't get a deal done with Atlanta by the end of next week. All reports out of both camps seem to be indicating towards a deal.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

Yeah, well, the leverage in this situation is w/ Atlanta as long as Boston and Coles remain on the market as well.

I haven't heard a peep about any other team interested in Price either. So IMO this Atlanta deal had better materialize or we may be in a hurtin' way. It'll be really bad if McGee and Price panic if they realize that they are not going to get the big contract that they had hoped for whatever reasons. If Price then signs the offer, it won't be good. This is very, very risky. I know I've said this lots before, but it really is.

I thought Washington would have been interested w/ Spurrier looking for a lead WR in the Fun-n-Gun, especially w/ Price being an SEC guy. I'm not sure if they are or not though. And recently signing Noble takes some bucks out of their cap account surely.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Hopefully we trade him for a 1st rounder and a conditional pick in the future.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
              Yeah, well, the leverage in this situation is w/ Atlanta as long as Boston and Coles remain on the market as well.

I haven't heard a peep about any other team interested in Price either. So IMO this Atlanta deal had better materialize or we may be in a hurtin' way. It'll be really bad if McGee and Price panic if they realize that they are not going to get the big contract that they had hoped for whatever reasons. If Price then signs the offer, it won't be good. This is very, very risky. I know I've said this lots before, but it really is.

I thought Washington would have been interested w/ Spurrier looking for a lead WR in the Fun-n-Gun, especially w/ Price being an SEC guy. I'm not sure if they are or not though. And recently signing Noble takes some bucks out of their cap account surely.
              Yeah I want Price out too. Isn't Baltimore reportedly looking for a solid WR as well? I also think that Green Bay may begin to show interest as FA moves along.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Jets have indicated that they will match any offer and can do so because they have plenty of cap space.

Boston has far too much baggage and turned down $7 million/season deal with the Cards

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                  • Oct 2002

Ravens are very high on WR Boston. They say he could be huge on there offense, who really hasnt had a reciever threat at all. I think Boston goes to Ravens by end of next week. Heard it on ESPN News channel.

Comment

• Doc
                    • Dec 2002

I was going to say what Clumpy did. The Jets will match any offer for Coles and Boston is damaged goods who is looking for a lot of guaranteed money. I say Price is the guy they want and at this point I'd take "just" a 1st rounder for him.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I think Price is worth a first rounder I think Buffalo will probably get it. I won't be surprised if Buffalo gets a first and third. But if it came to it, a second rounder or something else is better than what Buffalo would have gotten had they declined to franchise him.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                        I also think that Green Bay may begin to show interest as FA moves along.
                        GB is not interested in adding a big time WR. Driver is their go to guy, and anyone else would play the #2 spot. Not what PP wants.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

GB is not interested in adding a big time WR. Driver is their go to guy, and anyone else would play the #2 spot. Not what PP wants.
                          Damn. Not sure why I forgot about Driver.

Thanks Miyagi. (...now I've learned "paint the fence"...)

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            I think Price is worth a first rounder I think Buffalo will probably get it. I won't be surprised if Buffalo gets a first and third. But if it came to it, a second rounder or something else is better than what Buffalo would have gotten had they declined to franchise him.
                            My Thoughts exactly.

even a second rd pick and $5 mill in cap space is more valuable right now than Peerless Price on the team

Reed needs to get promoted

Then go after a Mar-Tay Jenkins type for the 3rd WR

Comment

• Winfield_26
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Id rather have Peerless on the team then a 1st and a 3rd, Draft picks do nothing to help the team next year which has been dubbed by many of us as the year to make it big especially after you factor in how old Bledsoe is and when his decline will begin especially with out a sure handed #2 deep threat. If we lose Price and only gain draft picks then you got Moulds at 1 who will be doubled teamed all day, Reed at 2 who must prove himself very reliable to take pressure off Moulds, and then a 3rd tier FA to play at 3. BTW Martay Jaenkins is a KR man not a good WR. He played well for ARI because half their WR were hurt all year. We gotta get the pick (1st) and a player. No doubt about it, but I would rather us keep Price.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X