PDA

View Full Version : AJC repprts on Price

DraftBoy
03-01-2003, 05:16 PM
In todays Atlanat Journal Constitution they had a big article on Peerless Price and his visit to ATL, they had a quote from owner Athur Blank, which basically was that they are willing to sign him or trade for him but not at the cost of two 1st rounders.

Sounds to me like he plans on making a compensation offer soon.

RedEyE
03-01-2003, 05:19 PM
:up: Here is a link:
http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/sports/falcons/0303/01falcons.html

RedEyE
03-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Interesting excerpt:

''The fact [Price] is in for a visit means he's the first one on our list [and lives in Atlanta]. We're just feeling out the situation,'' Anderson said. ''But all three [Price, Boston and Coles] are on our radar. There's a wildcard involved [with Price], and that's the Bills. Buffalo has to indicate . . . they're looking for.''

Romes
03-01-2003, 05:29 PM
I'd be suprised and dissapointed if we don't get a deal done with Atlanta by the end of next week. All reports out of both camps seem to be indicating towards a deal.

WG
03-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Yeah, well, the leverage in this situation is w/ Atlanta as long as Boston and Coles remain on the market as well.

I haven't heard a peep about any other team interested in Price either. So IMO this Atlanta deal had better materialize or we may be in a hurtin' way. It'll be really bad if McGee and Price panic if they realize that they are not going to get the big contract that they had hoped for whatever reasons. If Price then signs the offer, it won't be good. This is very, very risky. I know I've said this lots before, but it really is.

I thought Washington would have been interested w/ Spurrier looking for a lead WR in the Fun-n-Gun, especially w/ Price being an SEC guy. I'm not sure if they are or not though. And recently signing Noble takes some bucks out of their cap account surely.

ArcticWildMan
03-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Hopefully we trade him for a 1st rounder and a conditional pick in the future.

RedEyE
03-01-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Yeah, well, the leverage in this situation is w/ Atlanta as long as Boston and Coles remain on the market as well.

I haven't heard a peep about any other team interested in Price either. So IMO this Atlanta deal had better materialize or we may be in a hurtin' way. It'll be really bad if McGee and Price panic if they realize that they are not going to get the big contract that they had hoped for whatever reasons. If Price then signs the offer, it won't be good. This is very, very risky. I know I've said this lots before, but it really is.

I thought Washington would have been interested w/ Spurrier looking for a lead WR in the Fun-n-Gun, especially w/ Price being an SEC guy. I'm not sure if they are or not though. And recently signing Noble takes some bucks out of their cap account surely.

Yeah I want Price out too. Isn't Baltimore reportedly looking for a solid WR as well? I also think that Green Bay may begin to show interest as FA moves along.

clumping platelets
03-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Jets have indicated that they will match any offer and can do so because they have plenty of cap space.

Boston has far too much baggage and turned down $7 million/season deal with the Cards

BADTHINGSMAN
03-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Ravens are very high on WR Boston. They say he could be huge on there offense, who really hasnt had a reciever threat at all. I think Boston goes to Ravens by end of next week. Heard it on ESPN News channel.

Doc
03-01-2003, 07:45 PM
I was going to say what Clumpy did. The Jets will match any offer for Coles and Boston is damaged goods who is looking for a lot of guaranteed money. I say Price is the guy they want and at this point I'd take "just" a 1st rounder for him.

TigerJ
03-01-2003, 08:02 PM
I think Price is worth a first rounder I think Buffalo will probably get it. I won't be surprised if Buffalo gets a first and third. But if it came to it, a second rounder or something else is better than what Buffalo would have gotten had they declined to franchise him.

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
I also think that Green Bay may begin to show interest as FA moves along.
GB is not interested in adding a big time WR. Driver is their go to guy, and anyone else would play the #2 spot. Not what PP wants.

RedEyE
03-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

GB is not interested in adding a big time WR. Driver is their go to guy, and anyone else would play the #2 spot. Not what PP wants.

Damn. Not sure why I forgot about Driver. :scratch:

Thanks Miyagi. (...now I've learned "paint the fence"...) :snicker:

Dozerdog
03-02-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I think Price is worth a first rounder I think Buffalo will probably get it. I won't be surprised if Buffalo gets a first and third. But if it came to it, a second rounder or something else is better than what Buffalo would have gotten had they declined to franchise him.

My Thoughts exactly.

even a second rd pick and $5 mill in cap space is more valuable right now than Peerless Price on the team

Reed needs to get promoted

Then go after a Mar-Tay Jenkins type for the 3rd WR

DraftBoy
03-02-2003, 12:26 PM
Id rather have Peerless on the team then a 1st and a 3rd, Draft picks do nothing to help the team next year which has been dubbed by many of us as the year to make it big especially after you factor in how old Bledsoe is and when his decline will begin especially with out a sure handed #2 deep threat. If we lose Price and only gain draft picks then you got Moulds at 1 who will be doubled teamed all day, Reed at 2 who must prove himself very reliable to take pressure off Moulds, and then a 3rd tier FA to play at 3. BTW Martay Jaenkins is a KR man not a good WR. He played well for ARI because half their WR were hurt all year. We gotta get the pick (1st) and a player. No doubt about it, but I would rather us keep Price.

ArcticWildMan
03-02-2003, 12:31 PM
If we can draft a D-linesman with a 1st round pick ala Price, we would get solid play right off the bat. Out of all the positions we have a need in, that one is the easiest for a college player to be an impact player the first year in the NFL.

DraftBoy
03-02-2003, 12:45 PM
I really dont wanna waste a 1st round pick on a DL, we drafted both Denney and Bannan last eyar and neither is yet to even see quality playing time, and from what we saw of Bannan last eyar he looked rather impressive. I dont want Teyo Johnson. If we get a 1st I want Boss Bailey, or another immediate starting player, then maybe Brandon Lloyd in the 3rd.

Akhippo
03-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Bailey will be gone middle of the round. You can never have enough lineman. If we can somehow get ATLs pick. Rien Long is projected to still be around.

Tatonka
03-02-2003, 01:28 PM
rein long is not projected to still be around by anything i have seen.. he is considered top 10-15.. unless his horrible performance at the combine is enough to warrant him dropping down that far...

i am not a Long fan anyway.. he came out to early and only has a limited amount of football playing time (didnt play until 11th grade, then only 3 years in college, and only ONE of those was he dominant).. i think long is gonna be a bust.

The Natrix
03-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Id rather have Peerless on the team then a 1st and a 3rd,

WHEN the Bills ship his a$$ out of Buffalo, they will be getting a 1st and 3rd (or whatever) PLUS More cap space. I would be content with just letting Peerless walk. Getting draft picks is just icing on the cake.

Novacane
03-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Ditto what Nate said!

Stewie
03-02-2003, 08:12 PM
Id rather have Peerless on the team then a 1st and a 3rd, Draft picks do nothing to help the team next year which has been dubbed by many of us as the year to make it big especially after you factor in how old Bledsoe is and when his decline will begin especially with out a sure handed #2 deep threat.

Last time I checked, Peerless had a penchant for dropping balls. Anything but sure handed if you ask me...

DraftBoy
03-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Ill take a Peerless who is a well known deep threat with two very productive seasons under his belt than Josh Reed headed into his second season and being thrust into the starting lineup. All im saying is that if we lose Price and get only 2 picks and some cap space I think were getting screwed he is way to much of our offense to just let him go for DP, in a not so deep draft.

Schobel94
03-04-2003, 09:28 AM
For me, Price is too incosistent, when he's hot he's hot, but when he's not he blows. Reed looks like he'll be consistently good, and I think he'll be ready. Also I think we should draft a DT in the first round (if we trade), there are too many good DT's to pass up. Denney was a DE, prolly not a very good pick, but Bannan wasn't a first rounder, so that argument is flawed that all the DL's we picked aren't that good. We just got to have some luck, and some good talent assesors which I believe we have.

justasportsfan
03-04-2003, 09:41 AM
Ill take a Peerless who is a well known deep threat with two very productive seasons under his belt than Josh Reed headed into his second season and being thrust into the starting lineup. All im saying is that if we lose Price and get only 2 picks and some cap space I think were getting screwed he is way to much of our offense to just let him go for DP, in a not so deep draft.

I'll take D over Price anyday! If keeping PP hampers our chances for good defensive players....:lastyr:

DraftBoy
03-04-2003, 07:03 PM
I still only think that we were a solid DL away from being a playoff team, we have already upgraded our line in the form of Marcus Jones, Posey brings an immediate upgrade to the pass rush. I still think that drafting a DL in the 1st round would be a waste because we are yet to get a quality amount of time to fully evaluate both Denney and Bannan, although I agree Denney is probably a bust pick. I also think that O wins games not D, but just a personal opinion nothing to actually go on, and this year we have a more balanced O since I hope to god that Gilbride now has some confidence in Henry.

Fat Tony
03-04-2003, 08:01 PM
I still only think that we were a solid DL away from being a playoff team, we have already upgraded our line in the form of Marcus Jones, Posey brings an immediate upgrade to the pass rush. I still think that drafting a DL in the 1st round would be a waste because we are yet to get a quality amount of time to fully evaluate both Denney and Bannan, although I agree Denney is probably a bust pick. I also think that O wins games not D, but just a personal opinion nothing to actually go on, and this year we have a more balanced O since I hope to god that Gilbride now has some confidence in Henry.

You want a solid impact DL man? Get rid of Price. You will have more than enough cap $$ to get your choice.

kgun12
03-04-2003, 08:21 PM
The bottom line to the PP issue is the Bills have way to many wholes to fill to have so much money tied up in 2 WR. PP had a good year cause of the weapons around him. There are plenty of WR's in FA that can come in here and have the numbers PP had.

I don't think PP will go to a team where he is the man and have the same sucess, but that will paly out soon enough.