• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

NFL Network is biggest turkey this year

when we have served up on a football-shaped Tiffany platter the grandmother of all turkeys itself: the National Football League? It's a crime: depriving many of us of its best Thanksgiving game, Kansas City vs. Denver, because the NFL Network isn't carried on Time Warner Cable, the nation’s No. 2 cable operator; Cablevision, a New York-area provider; and Charter Communications because of disputes over how much money the NFL wants.

Local outlets will show the game, as will satellite TV and cable systems that do carry the NFL Network. But that's only 40 million of the nation’s 111.4 million households with TVs.
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Re: NFL Network is biggest turkey this year

No excuse for any diehard football fan to not have direct tv, Sunday Ticket. Granted if someone can't afford it then i understand, or like my previous situation the HOA are assclowns and said it was a fire hazzard... But i kinda thinks it's funny that some fans who can't get NFL network on cable still complain they are gonna miss the game.. Not like it's a Bills game or a relevant game to us anyways...But Direct tv is affordable for those who don't know..

Sunday ticket package- $275 for the season.
    -includes 3months of every pay channel.
    -NFL Superfan- some gay channels that feature several games and one that will swicth tp whatever team is in teh redzone.. I've yet to have interest in teh channel.. But mainly for those with a HD tv, this sup;erfan is the only way to get the games in HD though direct tv. This is $100. but HD football is the best thing football for me since the internet...

just a FYI for those who never considered direct tv and it's 8 year contract with teh NFL.
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

it doesn't matter to me we all have directv.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

Why blame the NFL Network?? Blame Time Warner. I have DirecTV and have no problems

Comment

• Billz_fan
          • Jan 2003

Direct Tv is every bit as affordable as cable. I understand those in condo's and complexes having issues. If your not one of them though you need to make the switch.

Nicer program packages to. I will have DTV as long as they have the Sunday ticket contract. Im not sure how I ever made it without it.

We also have the High def. setup as well. OMG it is amazing.
          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• jamze132
            • Jun 2003

[QUOTE=Marv No excuse for any diehard football fan to not have direct tv, Sunday Ticket. QUOTE]

Well I am diehard Bills fan and I don't have DirecTV since I am forced to live in Italy for the next two years. All I get is AFN which shows two games at 7:00pm and the rest are on in the middle of the night. What am I to do? All I can do is listen in through NFL FieldPass. Hell I can't even watch on NFL gamepass since Italy's internet system is in the stone ages.

But I did have the Sunday Ticket back in the states when I wasn't living in an apartment that didn't allow satelite dishes. And when I did live in an apartment where I couldn't get DirecTV, I found beer at a bar each Sunday where I could watch each and every Bills game. And I tell ya, there is nothing like living on the west coast and going to the bar at 0930 and start drinking before the game starts at 10 am! Oh those where the good ole' days.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

I'm in an apartment complex and next to my apartment is nothing but trees... DirecTV is not an option for me a tall... so I get to miss the only game I care to watch today. I'll survive though, it's just rather annoying that the NFL Network isn't carried on most main cable sources.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                I'm in an apartment complex and next to my apartment is nothing but trees... DirecTV is not an option for me a tall... so I get to miss the only game I care to watch today. I'll survive though, it's just rather annoying that the NFL Network isn't carried on most main cable sources.
                Anytime the Dolphins are on it is fun rooting against them....

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

All this complaining, and Chiefs-Broncos will probably be a boring dud
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                    Why blame the NFL Network?? Blame Time Warner. I have DirecTV and have no problems
                    To Buffalo area cable subscribers:
                    It's totally Time Warner's fault. Cable bills had already gone up before Time Warner took over Adelphia....supposedly the raise was to cover the cost of Empire Sports...NFL Network was meant to replace Empire as a sports network on Adelphia. Did Time Warner drop your costs when they took over and took away NFL Network...and ESPNU, that you were already paying for?
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

I get to watch all 3 games with my digital cox.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Dont have NFL Network? Pony up and get a freaking dish. Not that complicated.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

I hate that people think its their "right" to watch the NFL, like it should be free to everyone. It just like any movie is entertainment. It's like HBO, you want to watch the newest movies you need to pay up.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            Dont have NFL Network? Pony up and get a freaking dish. Not that complicated.
                            Not that easy, either. Especially when you're surrounded by trees that aren't yours to cut down, like I am. Or in an apt building surrounded by trees like BMN is.

Oh wait, you didn't read that post, did you?
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              I hate that people think its their "right" to watch the NFL, like it should be free to everyone. It just like any movie is entertainment. It's like HBO, you want to watch the newest movies you need to pay up.
                              It's in the NFL's interest to reap in as many viewers as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X