PDA

View Full Version : can E.J. Henderson move to OLB???

venis2k1
03-01-2003, 06:06 PM
is there any possibility that we could draft E.J. Henderson with atlantas first round pick(assuming we get it) and move him to OLB, i would seriously doubt that Boss would be on the board.

Fatwhite02
03-01-2003, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure Henderson would be there either, I think he will be picked between 12 and 21. Even if he was available I don't think he could move to OLB because he just doesn't have the speed. In Maryland's system, all the plays funneled to him so he didn't have to roam from sideline to sideline

MelK
03-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Even If the Bills had their original #1 pick, it would be a stretch that Henderson would be available.

As it stands, 2, maybe 3 LB poor clubs will grab him if he's around. Henderson is a lock to be gone between 14-19. Kansas City, New England, and New Orleans own 5 of those 6 picks and are a virtual lock to pick Henderson. Boss Baily has a 50/50 chance of falling through that gauntlet as well.

If the Bills get Atlanta's #1, I'd bet dollars to donuts that TD will attempt to wrestle Takeo Spikes from the Bengals. If he's not available, the Bills will look at these avenues-

1) Best DT available - Kevin Williams, Mike Haynes (Penn St) William Joseph- good bet they might be gone.

With Washington signing DL's Both Noble and Upshaw, and signing OL Randy Thomas (Jets) to strengthen their Lines, and RB spot (they got Trung Candidate) I think they will make a strong push for Rex Grossman. The domino effect will work 2 ways. Some of the DLs expected to be grabbed early will fall , and there might be a run on QB's. Good news for guys looking for DT's in the top half of the 1st Rd

2) Bills would have an excellent shot at a S Mike Doss (Ohio St) or Troy Polumalu (USC)

3) Best Available LB- Boss Bailey (maybe) or a Gerald Hayes (Pitt) a possibility.

4) Trade it down (with Chicago, maybe? - if they don't get their QB earlier in the draft) TD loves this suff- and does it very well

TigerJ
03-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Could Michael Haynes move inside? He's a big boy for a DE, but still undersized for a DT.

I still can't figure out the rationale for drafting a strong safety (Doss or Palumalu) when the Bills have Coy Wire, who probably would not move easily to FS. How about Rashean Mathis. I know he's probably a reach at #23, but he's got size, speed, and coverage skills and plenty of upside. I know he was a CB in college, but a lot of scouts project him to free saftety.

If Buffalo doesn't get a marquee OLB to pair with Posey in free agency, I think Boss Bailey is an excellent possibility. Hayes was a bit of a dissappoinment at the combine, not as bad as Dorsey or Rien Long, but I think there is now some doubt about his ability to move outside.

venis2k1
03-03-2003, 08:24 PM
It was my understanding that Boss had a GREAT combine and was a lock for the top 20. Word is that NE is giving him a Long, Hard look for their pick at 19. Cheifs at 16, and NO at 17, and 18 are also interested.

Dozerdog
03-08-2003, 10:16 AM
If DE DeWayne White of Louisville is around, that's my pick.

Another option, if we land both Spikes and Adams, would be who I thought Atlanta would pick in this spot- WR Kelley Washington from Tennessee.

A Peerless Price Clone- maybe even more talented at this stage of his career than Price was.