PDA

View Full Version : Romo is the greatest EVER!

X-Era
11-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Man this guy is the next Rothlisberger.......A guy who was undefeated as a starter in his first year. And look how great Roth is this year.

Seriously, good for him. I wish the Cowboys luck, but Im a Bills fan, and Romo is NOT our QB.

Thanks, but no thanks, I like who we have for now.

By the way, did we somehow NOT sign Romo? Last time I checked, he never could have crossed our paths anyways. I like how we try to use other teams QB's as an arguement against our own. Especially when we never had a chance to get whomever anyways.

Go JP!

Goobylal
11-23-2006, 06:16 PM
I'd take JP with Romo's weapons and the Bills' O-line and like my chances.

X-Era
11-23-2006, 06:18 PM

Id agree with that. How about 1 of their WR's and 1/2 their o-line, JP as the QB. Yeah Ill take that.

X-Era
11-23-2006, 06:19 PM

But, you must have not learned that its ALL the QB? Just pop in Romo on the Bills and we win a SB, just that easy, I saw it on an infomercial.

TacklingDummy
11-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Romo is better then JP.
Romo is basically a 4th year rookie.
The Cowboys O-line was just as bad as the Bills o-line until they inserted a new QB.
Romo in 6 starts has only 1 less win then what JP has when JP started.
In 5 starts Romo has more TD passes then what JP has in 10.

Oh well.

X-Era
11-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Romo is better then JP.
The Cowboys O-line was just as bad as the Bills o-line until they inserted a new QB.

Oh well.

Romo is a Cowboy
JP is a Bill

Discussions over

TacklingDummy
11-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Romo is a Cowboy
JP is a Bill

Discussions over

Then why would you start a thread about Romo? :crazy:

Iehoshua
11-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Romo is better then JP.

than

TacklingDummy
11-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Joe Buck was talking about how Bledose was scared to get injuried because if he did he knew he wouldn't get back on the field once Romo took over.

Bledsoe had no problem with being Bradys backup in NE.

In Buffalo Bledsoe said he rather retire then be JPs backup.

Drew knows talent when he sees it. :)

Typ0
11-23-2006, 06:28 PM
this thread is really a stretch...but I'll play along. Remember during training camp Tuna said he was getting Romo ready to play and he'd be playing by the end of the season? Well it looks to me like Romo wasn't inserted (by perhaps the best coach in the league) because he wasn't ready. It looks like that coach does not believe in the "he's got to be playing to get better" hype.

So why does JP have to be playing when he's not ready to get better?

Typ0
11-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Joe Buck was talking about how Bledose was scared to get injuried because if he did he knew he wouldn't get back on the field once Romo took over.

Bledsoe had no problem with being Bradys backup in NE.

In Buffalo Bledsoe said he rather retire then be JPs backup.

Drew knows talent when he sees it. :)

Bledsoe did not want to be a backup in NE. He got injured during the season and was a consummate professional in the way he handled the situation. His poise in being benched was as much a contributor to their first superbowl as anything else. That does not mean that he was happy as a backup.

DynaPaul
11-23-2006, 07:07 PM
I like Romo just because I get to see Bledsoe on the sidelines sulking. Loser!

TacklingDummy
11-23-2006, 07:10 PM
I seen Romo do something I have never seen JP do. While the Cowboys defense was on the field Romo was on the sidelines talking on the phone.

Michael82
11-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Romo will get figured out. Trust me!

BlackMetalNinja
11-23-2006, 07:22 PM
I seen Romo do something I have never seen JP do. While the Cowboys defense was on the field Romo was on the sidelines talking on the phone.
Just remember you only see what the network shows you... just because you don't see it doesn't mean JP isn't doing it.

And on a sidenote, Mikey, check your PMs please!

Devin
11-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Was this meant to be some sort of pre-emptive strike? What with Romo lighting it up again and throwin 5 TD's?

Romo hands down is playing with the best in the league right now. Its foolish to believe the circumstances are THAT different. I believe if he were here hed have similar success.

That being said he isnt so I honestly dont give a rip, but anyone who makes excuses for JP and does the same for Romo (he has better weapons....etc) is just kidding themselves. Romo appears at first go to be a very talented QB.

If you really want to beat yourself up wait til you see Cutler next week.

Dozerdog
11-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Romo has better coaches, too

Crisis
11-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Just what I need, more for all the Cowboy fans to gloat about!

F the Cowgirls.

Novacane
11-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Romo will get figured out. Trust me!

As a Cowboy hater I hope you're right. I already hate him. He's had so much early success he's getting cocky.

Michael82
11-23-2006, 08:40 PM
As a Cowboy hater I hope you're right. I already hate him. He's had so much early success he's getting cocky.
I agree. He's already starting to get the Brady love and it makes me want to puke up my Thanksgiving meal. :ill: :puke:

Stewie
11-23-2006, 09:01 PM
By the way, did we somehow NOT sign Romo?
Go JP!

Yes.

Goobylal
11-23-2006, 10:27 PM
You can't argue with brilliant logic like "guys like TO, Glenn, Witten, Barber, and Jones" don't mean anything to a QB. I realize these guys sucked until Romo came along. :rolleyes:

Michael82
11-23-2006, 11:24 PM
You can't argue with brilliant logic like "guys like TO, Glenn, Witten, Barber, and Jones" don't mean anything to a QB. I realize these guys sucked until Romo came along. :rolleyes:
Exactly! Just imagine if JP had a Terry Glenn as his #2 receiver. Or how about a TE like Witten that can actually catch? Or a solid RB duo in Jones and Barber. :drool:

Not to mention that POS TO.... :ill:

Goobylal
11-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Exactly! Just imagine if JP had a Terry Glenn as his #2 receiver. Or how about a TE like Witten that can actually catch? Or a solid RB duo in Jones and Barber. :drool:

Hell, I'd be happy with just Witten (who the Bills barely missed-out on getting in 2003). The Bills' lack of an even average TE hurts them a lot.

PECKERWOOD
11-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Romo is better then JP.

Oh well.

How come when people that support Losman say the same thing and we get mocked for it? Why the double standard? Romo is on the better team, and Losman isn't doing that bad.

Mudflap1
11-24-2006, 12:58 AM
This is not a reflection on J.P. or our situation, but obviously the Cowboys are doing something right if this guy has basically come from nowhere, stepped in, and had the success he's been having. We'll see if he can sustain it, but he obviously doesn't suck... I don't think there's anything wrong with admitting that.

Jon

X-Era
11-24-2006, 07:15 AM

Wait, YEP, just verified Romo is still a Cowboy.

You can love the Cowboys as much as you want.

X-Era
11-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Yes.

We did?

I must have missed that.

Lets see, we had the "stud" Drew Bledsoe at the time with no idea that we needed anyone more than the wonder stud. After all, it is HIS team.

AND we had Travis Brown afterall.

So, we were all set in our feable minds at QB, no need to get a stud like Romo from the undrafted ranks.

You guys can hen pick players like this to death for the rest of your lives. There will ALWAYS be greener grass. How about growing a set and getting behind whomever is currently at the helm on OUR team.

If the Cowboys had Peyton Manning I would hate him too, cant stand the Cowboys, never have, never will.

But hey, keep rooting for other teams players

X-Era
11-24-2006, 07:27 AM
This is not a reflection on J.P. or our situation, but obviously the Cowboys are doing something right if this guy has basically come from nowhere, stepped in, and had the success he's been having. We'll see if he can sustain it, but he obviously doesn't suck... I don't think there's anything wrong with admitting that.

Jon

Admitting it? No there isnt. Please re-read my post. Correlating a playoff team with a top 3 WR, one of the league best o-lines, a Hall of Fame coach, and an upcoming D to OUR team, yeah theres something wrong with that.

The Romo discussion here has ALWAYS been a comparison to JP.

Taking 52 players and the coaching staff out of the equation is just plain stupid. Its stupid to disregard our team when looking at JP, and its stupid to disregard the Cowboys team when looking at Romo.

Hes playing very well, good for him. Im a Bills fan.

I guess using this arguement, I should be rooting for Peyton Manning, with Polian he has at least some tangible links to us, and hes probably the greatest QB of all time.

Luisito23
11-24-2006, 07:29 AM
You guys can hen pick players like this to death for the rest of your lives.

This is coming from the thread starter....:candle: ....

GO BILLS!!!!!

X-Era
11-24-2006, 07:33 AM
This is coming from the thread starter....:candle: ....

GO BILLS!!!!!

This thread is a follow on thread to the Look at Romo posts that frequented our board not too long ago.

It was Garrard, Schaub, Plummer, now Romo

Ill give Romo credit, hes managed to sustain success for a while and allowed the bandwagon jumpers around here to keep one name for more than a week or two.

Weve got our own guy who just played pretty damn good, you would think true Bills fans would get behind him. But why do that when we can root for other teams QB's or use their names to bash our own QB. Sounds like good fanship to me.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2006, 07:57 AM

The Bills and 30 other teams could of went out and signed TO this past off-season. Fans like TacklingDummy wanted the Bills to sign TO. Im all for giving the QB better passing options.

Could you imagine if JP had Evans and TO to throw to?

And don't tell me how TO is a piece of crap, etc.... Most Bills fans would support TO in a Bills uniform because he would of made this team better. And I guarantee you that the #81 Ownes jersey would be the most popular Bills jersey sold.

But hey, you can be happy with Price, Davis, Reed and Parrish.

Novacane
11-24-2006, 02:39 PM
And don't tell me how TO is a piece of crap, etc.... Most Bills fans would support TO in a Bills uniform because he would of made this team better..

Are you serious? TO does more harm than good on every team he's ever played for. Thankfully Marv understands that and morons like Jerry Jones don't

Inetpub
11-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Are you serious? TO does more harm than good on every team he's ever played for. Thankfully Marv understands that and morons like Jerry Jones don't
Morons like Jerry Jones rely on talent and would rather have talented people on the field. Something that Marv obviously doesnt understand if JP is still in there.

The_Philster
11-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Morons like Jerry Jones rely on talent and would rather have talented people on the field. Something that Marv obviously doesnt understand if JP is still in there.
Stupid post of the Year nominee right there

TacklingDummy
11-24-2006, 04:23 PM
And everyone who has every played for the Bills is/was a Saint?

I seem to recall Whitner getting arrested this year, something TO has never been.

The_Philster
11-24-2006, 04:25 PM
And everyone who has every played for the Bills is/was a Saint?

I seem to recall Whitner getting arrested this year, something TO has never been.
1...no one ever said that
2...charges were dropped
3...doesn't change the fact that TO is a team cancer. The Bills are acting like a team lately...TO being here would prevent that from happening

Philagape
11-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Stupid post of the Year nominee right there

Seconded

TacklingDummy
11-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Wait, YEP, just verified Romo is still a Cowboy.

Wait, YEP, just verified You started this thread.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2006, 07:45 PM
1...no one ever said that
2...charges were dropped
3...doesn't change the fact that TO is a team cancer. The Bills are acting like a team lately...TO being here would prevent that from happening

2) Big deal charges were dropped. :rolleyes: OJ was not guilty. I guess that means he was innocent.
3) Dallas looks like a team.

raphael120
11-24-2006, 07:56 PM
wow...i think i just got dumber reading this thread.

Goobylal
11-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Does anyone seriously think that TO wanted to play in Buffalo?

The point was that if the Bills had weapons like TO, Glenn, Witten, Jones, and Barber, defenses couldn't key on one guy like they do with Lee and the Bills' offense, and JP in particular, would look as good as Romo.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Does anyone seriously think that TO wanted to play in Buffalo?

The point was that if the Bills had weapons like TO, Glenn, Witten, Jones, and Barber, defenses couldn't key on one guy like they do with Lee and the Bills' offense, and JP in particular, would look as good as Romo.

Show TO the money and he would have.

I disagree.

Bledsoe had those weapons and he stunk.

You just want to think that if JP had those weapons JP would look as good as Romo. What good are those weapons if the QB doesn't do his job?

Goobylal
11-24-2006, 09:26 PM

I disagree.

You just want to think that if JP had those weapons JP would look as good as Romo. What good are those weapons if the QB doesn't do his job?
TO nixed a trade to Baltimore, who would have paid him MORE money than Philly did. The guy wants a national stage to occupy.

And AGAIN, get the talent around the QB and he can do his job very well. JP's doing the best he can with what he's got, which isn't much.

X-Era
11-25-2006, 12:26 PM

I disagree.

You gave the whole thing to weapons but left out the hall of fame head coach, and one of the best o-lines in the league which includes a multi pro-bowl LT in Flozell Adams.

Apparently we have all that stuff so JP is in the same situation as Tony Homo.

You bandwagon jumpers will have to learn someday that QB's wont play top notch football each and every week.

At least us lickers and huggers are doing it to a guy on our team, not a player for the Cowboys. How bad is it when you clowns lick and hug a frikkin Cowfags QB.

The_Philster
11-25-2006, 12:40 PM
TO nixed a trade to Baltimore, who would have paid him MORE money than Philly did. The guy wants a national stage to occupy.

And AGAIN, get the talent around the QB and he can do his job very well. JP's doing the best he can with what he's got, which isn't much.
:10:

The_Philster
11-25-2006, 12:42 PM
3) Dallas looks like a team.so did San Fran...so did Philly...at first

SABURZFAN
11-25-2006, 12:56 PM
How bad is it when you clowns lick and hug a frikkin Cowfags QB.

(doing my Philster imitation)knock off the namecalling.....

Goobylal
11-25-2006, 12:56 PM
:10:
For the life of me, I can't believe the lengths some will go to bash JP. Removing him from the offensive equation, I dare anyone to point out any Bills offensive starter who would start for any other team with a better record than the Bills have, besides Evans, McGahee, and Peters.

And that's not even taking-into account the state of the defense. I mean, had the Bills' defense held the Lions to 10 points, they would have won and be 5-5 at this point.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2006, 01:00 PM
For the life of me, I can't believe the lengths some will go to bash JP.

me neither....... :couch:

SABURZFAN
11-25-2006, 01:11 PM
had the Bills' defense held the Lions to 10 points, they would have won and be 5-5 at this point.

it was 10-0 after the 1st quarter.the Bills stopped the Lions 4th and goal on the first drive.when you have TWO 3 and outs and a losman INT,what the hell is the defense supposed to do? :idunno:

Goobylal
11-25-2006, 01:24 PM
it was 10-0 after the 1st quarter.the Bills stopped the Lions 4th and goal on the first drive.when you have TWO 3 and outs and a losman INT,what the hell is the defense supposed to do? :idunno:
What did the Dolphins' defense do?

TacklingDummy
11-25-2006, 01:55 PM
You gave the whole thing to weapons but left out the hall of fame head coach, and one of the best o-lines in the league which includes a multi pro-bowl LT in Flozell Adams.

LMAO, did you just say Dallas has one of the best 0-lines in the league?

TacklingDummy
11-25-2006, 01:58 PM
so did San Fran...so did Philly...at first

San Fran and Philly problems have nothing to do with TO. It's the ownership.
San Fran has been a mess for years and the Eagles owner is just as cheap as the Bills owner.

The_Philster
11-25-2006, 02:13 PM
San Fran and Philly problems have nothing to do with TO. It's the ownership.
San Fran has been a mess for years and the Eagles owner is just as cheap as the Bills owner.
:lmao:
TO created distractions with both San Fran and Philly that had nothing to do with ownership
and as far as cheap...there's a salary cap in football these days

SABURZFAN
11-25-2006, 03:19 PM
What did the Dolphins' defense do?

i didn't see the Fish play detroit.

Goobylal
11-25-2006, 08:19 PM
The Lions scored 10 unanswered points on the Dolphins to start the game. After that, the defense took over. No more points for the Lions. Again with the 17 points the Bills scored, it would have been enough to win.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2006, 10:13 PM
The Lions scored 10 unanswered points on the Dolphins to start the game. After that, the defense took over. No more points for the Lions. Again with the 17 points the Bills scored, it would have been enough to win.

how's our defense supposed to take over when they're out on the field from numerous 3 and outs?the Fish scored 27 points.had our inept offense scored 27 points,we would have beaten detroit.we can play this game all day,Goober. :rolleyes:

Goobylal
11-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Considering the Cards' defense held the Lions to 10 points and their offense scored 17, it's hardly a stretch to say the defense SHOULD have held them to 10 points, versus asking the offense to score more than 17 points.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Considering the Cards' defense held the Lions to 10 points and their offense scored 17, it's hardly a stretch to say the defense SHOULD have held them to 10 points, versus asking the offense to score more than 17 points.

not when the offense continues to go 3 and out.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2006, 10:30 PM
maybe our defense isn't as good as you think either,Goob. :idunno:

YardRat
11-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Romo's a better QB than JP right now...why is that a bad thing just to accept it?

the REAL Rudeman
11-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Stupid post of the Year nominee right thereHow come you're always right and everyone else is always wrong? And why do you get to throw insults around? FU Phil.

SABURZFAN
11-26-2006, 12:03 AM
How come you're always right and everyone else is always wrong? And why do you get to throw insults around? FU Phil.

welcome back.

i guess when you tailgate with certain Mods,you can get away with it.

The_Philster
11-26-2006, 03:23 AM
How come you're always right and everyone else is always wrong? And why do you get to throw insults around? FU Phil.
I didn't insult anyone...I insulted the post

SABURZFAN
11-26-2006, 06:45 AM
I didn't insult anyone...I insulted the post

stupid post of the year right there. :rolleyes:

Goobylal
11-26-2006, 09:18 AM
maybe our defense isn't as good as you think either,Goob. :idunno:
That's what I've been trying to say. The Dols, Cards, and 49'ers allowed 13 or fewer points to the Lions.

SABURZFAN
11-26-2006, 10:14 AM
That's what I've been trying to say. The Dols, Cards, and 49'ers allowed 13 or fewer points to the Lions.

when you have 3 rookies starting,spikes coming back from injury,and clements getting used by williams,what do you expect?throw in the numerous 3 and outs from the offense and there you go.

X-Era
11-26-2006, 10:28 AM
LMAO, did you just say Dallas has one of the best 0-lines in the league?

Oh yeah, I forgot, Flozell Adams is a clown, as is Gurode, same with Marco Rivera, and even Marc Columbo :rolleyes:

X-Era
11-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Romo's a better QB than JP right now...why is that a bad thing just to accept it?

Tony Homo is playing better than JP, thats true. But saying the its because HE is better is a stretch that you cant prove. In fact, theres plenty of reasons why that may NOT be the case.