11-23-2006, 07:26 PM
....sucks as an announcer :::

That is all...

hammerbillsfan
11-23-2006, 07:27 PM
glad it's not just me :ill:

evol4276
11-23-2006, 07:49 PM
this is like the worst announcing team ever.. reminds me of watching a high school game on tv.. I dunno something about a high-pitched-voice having announcer doesn't seem like a good fit?

Historian
11-23-2006, 08:12 PM
He's pretty rusty.

Where did they dig him up from...the Today Show?

Marvelous
11-23-2006, 08:24 PM
I like the change though.. The usuals are so annoying..Like Randy Cross & Simms and whoever..I used to love Chris Collinsworth. But man is he annoying now.....

Is it me or is he the biggest NOITALL? Reminds me of STeve Tasker. Tasker has that chip on his shoulder and he's not even pro Bills.

Is the game on in HD? i thought i saw a thread here announcing it would be..
My 1st thought was "no way. It's a NFN game and that channel isn't HD.. Maybe i get lucky....Anyone????

Historian
11-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Its in HD on Directv Channel 95

hammerbillsfan
11-23-2006, 08:37 PM
yeah this game is in HD

Bmax
11-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Very Rusty.........Much better as an interviewer and host.....perfect for The big host chair gigs.. Olympics....Super Bowl Pre game......etc....

Bmax

Tatonka
11-23-2006, 09:21 PM
has gumble come out and said he is gay yet?

Ickybaluky
11-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah, Gumble is annoying.

However, Collinsworth does a good job, IMO.

BILLSROCK1212
11-23-2006, 10:32 PM
never understood why he was hired to do this Bryant Gumble does not have the voice to do a game he is stricktly an in studio commentator I think that Rich Eisen would be better in the booth who do you guys think should replace him if he was fired? (still thinking first name that came to my mind was Vernie Lundqvist (sp?) not sure bout that though)

Mitchy moo
11-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Coolins............ is better on here than Inside the srcotum wall.

PECKERWOOD
11-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Collinsworth is a good announcer, he actually knows what he is talking about.

Night Train
11-24-2006, 05:48 AM
They greatest TV game ever was that Jets-Dolphins game years back on NBC, which was done without announcers.

I don't have announcers in the stands at the Ralph. Who needs them ?

mybills
11-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Even the guy that did the Madden immitation was busting on Gumble. :chuckle:

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Collinsworth is a moron.

Ickybaluky
11-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Collinsworth is a moron.

At least he tries to explain some things about action occurring during the game. He repeated himself at times, but he made some good points game action. I agree is he something of an annoying personality, but he knows the game.

The guy I'm really looking forward to is Dick Vermeil (he is scheduled to do 2 of the Thursday NFLN games). He did some preseason games on NFLN, and was excellent. He could provide real insights into players because he had studied them in depth as a coach since they came out in the draft. He also broke game action down and pointed out real insights into strategy. It was a refreshing change.

I'm surprised former coaches aren't used more often, because they are more analytical about the game (although Madden mails it in). They have the greatest knowledge of the game and players, especially if they have been coaching recently. Instead, we get an endless parade of ex-players who are just going through the motions. They tend to use the ex-coaches in studio, but it is during the game they have the most to offer.

Billsrock4life
11-24-2006, 11:24 AM
he does..........but hes better than joe theisman

Dozerdog
11-24-2006, 11:27 AM
At least he tries to explain some things about action occurring during the game. He repeated himself at times, but he made some good points game action. I agree is he something of an annoying personality, but he knows the game.

The guy I'm really looking forward to is Dick Vermeil (he is scheduled to do 2 of the Thursday NFLN games). He did some preseason games on NFLN, and was excellent. He could provide real insights into players because he had studied them in depth as a coach since they came out in the draft. He also broke game action down and pointed out real insights into strategy. It was a refreshing change.

I'm surprised former coaches aren't used more often, because they are more analytical about the game (although Madden mails it in). They have the greatest knowledge of the game and players, especially if they have been coaching recently. Instead, we get an endless parade of ex-players who are just going through the motions. They tend to use the ex-coaches in studio, but it is during the game they have the most to offer.
\
Vermeil was Keith Jackson's sidekick for college ball for over a decade. He was one of the best in the country at it during the 1980's and 1990's