PDA

View Full Version : plummer done?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-23-2006, 09:44 PM
gumble said that word has leaked out that this is plummers last start... anyone hear anything about this?

Mitchy moo
11-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Cutler plays next week.

Mr. Miyagi
11-23-2006, 09:57 PM
It's true. I saw this yesterday already.

November 22, 2006 3:41 PM ET
Broncos: Cutler to start week 13
The News
The Broncos are benching Jake Plummer, but the move won't come until after their upcoming game. NFL.com's Adam Schefter reported that rookie Jay Cutler will likely start when the Broncos host the Seahawks on December 3. Plummer will start this Thursday against the Chiefs.
Our View
Will Mike Shanahan trust Cutler any more than he has Plummer? That's tough to predict, but it may be worth a gamble. The Broncos finish the season against the Cardinals, Bengals and 49ers, three bottom-tier pass defenses. We usually don't recommend betting on rookie quarterbacks, but Cutler is worth a look in deeper leagues and if your current backup passer is a dud.

http://www.fanball.com/fb/newsbreakers.cfm/startRow.41/numRows.20

Devin
11-24-2006, 12:45 AM
If Cutler plays the way he did in pre-season he is going to be something to watch.

And probably to some degree a little painful for Bills fans.

PECKERWOOD
11-24-2006, 12:52 AM
I don't think this move makes sense. Cutler is a rookie, they should let him learn from a veteran for a year.. If they bench Plummer, WHILE in the playoff hunt, Cutler better come through, or Shanahan is going to look really stupid.

The_Philster
11-24-2006, 02:36 AM
And probably to some degree a little painful for Bills fans.I don't see why

jamze132
11-24-2006, 03:17 AM
I don't think this move makes sense. Cutler is a rookie, they should let him learn from a veteran for a year.. If they bench Plummer, WHILE in the playoff hunt, Cutler better come through, or Shanahan is going to look really stupid.
I like the move, Cutler will probably be their future anyways. And besides, he can't possibly play worse that Plummer has this year.

YardRat
11-24-2006, 03:47 AM
Funny...isn't Plummer's winning percentage in Denver like .750? I thought I saw a stat during last weeks' game that indicated he won three out every four games so far as a Bronco.

Night Train
11-24-2006, 04:54 AM
What cracks me up is people mentioning Plummer coming here, when they were down on Losman.

Shows what great scouts they truely are.

Historian
11-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Funny...isn't Plummer's winning percentage in Denver like .750? I thought I saw a stat during last weeks' game that indicated he won three out every four games so far as a Bronco.

It does seem kind of weird, to make that change in the middle of the season while the team is in the playoff hunt.

He will be a big free agent prize this off-season most likely.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2006, 08:08 AM

I guess some people are not happy with Plummers play even in a win.

Bling
11-24-2006, 08:26 AM
I don't see why

You're joking, right? If Cutler performs like he did, there's no question it's time for him to go. Losman is already getting shown up by Tony Romo and Phil Rivers (neither needed "1 season, 2 seasons, 36 games, etc."), and now he's going to be shown up by a rookie?

The_Philster
11-24-2006, 08:33 AM
You're joking, right? If Cutler performs like he did, there's no question it's time for him to go. Losman is already getting shown up by Tony Romo and Phil Rivers (neither needed "1 season, 2 seasons, 36 games, etc."), and now he's going to be shown up by a rookie?
No, I'm not joking...a QB's success is just as dependent on his surroundings as it is his own talent

Kerr
11-24-2006, 08:39 AM
He's done, but he'll find work as a starter somewhere else next year i'm sure. Hey if drew bledsoe did, so can jake plummer.

Bling
11-24-2006, 08:40 AM
No, I'm not joking...a QB's success is just as dependent on his surroundings as it is his own talent

What more does he need? He has the 9th receiver in receiving yards Lee Evans, Romo has the 8th in TO, and Cutler would have the 7th in Walker. Both of which got reps yesteryday, so technically you have the best WR of the bunch.

You had McGahee who at one time led the league in rushing (yet you guys have the worst O-Line in the league). But Denver and Dallas both have 500 more yards rushing when you combine all their running backs and yours.

He makes his destiny. That's just my opinion. There's no reason why he can't be competing with other QB's. Instead he's with Mike Vick and Jake Plummer at the bottom of the league.

The_Philster
11-24-2006, 08:44 AM
takes a lot more than a #1 WR

Ed
11-24-2006, 10:04 AM
What more does he need? He has the 9th receiver in receiving yards Lee Evans, Romo has the 8th in TO, and Cutler would have the 7th in Walker. Both of which got reps yesteryday, so technically you have the best WR of the bunch.

You had McGahee who at one time led the league in rushing (yet you guys have the worst O-Line in the league). But Denver and Dallas both have 500 more yards rushing when you combine all their running backs and yours.

He makes his destiny. That's just my opinion. There's no reason why he can't be competing with other QB's. Instead he's with Mike Vick and Jake Plummer at the bottom of the league.
Who's at the bottom of the league, JP Losman? He's 12th right now in QB rating at 85.1. You must be confusing him with Joey Harrington when talking about bottom dwellers.

Ed
11-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Jake Plummer is not very popular out here in Denver right now. I've been hearing these talks of benching him for Cutler every single week since week one regardless if the Broncos win or lose.

njsue
11-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Denver's offensive step backwards is not Plummer's fault. Gary Kubiak made that offense stellar for years. Now he is a HC. Denver did not run the ball that much in last nights game. There offense is based on the power running game.

Shanahan has not done squat since the super bowl years. Especially now that his stellar offensive coordinator is a HC.

bledslow
11-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Who's at the bottom of the league, JP Losman? He's 12th right now in QB rating at 85.1. You must be confusing him with Joey Harrington when talking about bottom dwellers.

Adding-on to your stats(qb rating) in a meaningess game(texans game) and making them look better then they actually are,doesn't count. jp has not been good when it mattered the most.--Nobody would pick jp over romo,cutler and leinart(and with good reason).

justasportsfan
11-24-2006, 03:17 PM
What more does he need?.
wow Bling. I'm surprised by your post as of late.

He needs an OL that can CONSISTENTLY protect the qb and run block as well. He needs a CONSISTENT rb who can take pressure off and who actually is more than just a ball control back. Trent Green has had ugly nos. since he came back. Lucky for him he's had Johnson to bail him out and get wins for the team. Give JP that , maybe he can be CONSISTENT himself and no excuses if he fails.

1 wr can't do it all. JP needs more than just Evans. The texans' biggest mistake putting 1 guy on Evans and their DL didn't get to JP. They paid dearly for that. Other teams with a better DL can afford to double up on Evans and if our OL does not hold JP is screwed and so would most qb's in the league. Don't believe me? Peyton got his ass handed to him by the cowboys DL and the colts lost.

All those are exactly the same things the fins need on the O. It's that simple.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2006, 04:27 PM

Too bad Ryan Leaf didn't have talent around him.
He could have been a star.

The_Philster
11-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Too bad Ryan Leaf didn't have talent around him.
He could have been a star.
That moron had more problems than onfield stuff :rolleyes:

Ed
11-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Adding-on to your stats(qb rating) in a meaningess game(texans game) and making them look better then they actually are,doesn't count. jp has not been good when it mattered the most.--Nobody would pick jp over romo,cutler and leinart(and with good reason).
How was the Texans game meaningless? Are you saying now when JP plays well it doesn't matter because all our games are meaningless so his stats shouldn't count? So if we get eliminated from the playoff race and JP plays poorly at the end of the season do his stats not count then either because the games were meaningless?

Does this rule of stats only counting some of the time only apply to JP or does this go for all QB's?

What a stupid post.