plummer done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

plummer done?

gumble said that word has leaked out that this is plummers last start... anyone hear anything about this?
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: plummer done?

Cutler plays next week.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

It's true. I saw this yesterday already.

November 22, 2006 3:41 PM ET
      Broncos: Cutler to start week 13
      The News
      The Broncos are benching Jake Plummer, but the move won't come until after their upcoming game. NFL.com's Adam Schefter reported that rookie Jay Cutler will likely start when the Broncos host the Seahawks on December 3. Plummer will start this Thursday against the Chiefs.
      Our View
      Will Mike Shanahan trust Cutler any more than he has Plummer? That's tough to predict, but it may be worth a gamble. The Broncos finish the season against the Cardinals, Bengals and 49ers, three bottom-tier pass defenses. We usually don't recommend betting on rookie quarterbacks, but Cutler is worth a look in deeper leagues and if your current backup passer is a dud.
      Fanball is a daily fantasy sports platform. Compete against friends or strangers in various contest formats for fun or for prizes.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

If Cutler plays the way he did in pre-season he is going to be something to watch.

And probably to some degree a little painful for Bills fans.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

I don't think this move makes sense. Cutler is a rookie, they should let him learn from a veteran for a year.. If they bench Plummer, WHILE in the playoff hunt, Cutler better come through, or Shanahan is going to look really stupid.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
            And probably to some degree a little painful for Bills fans.
            I don't see why
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
              I don't think this move makes sense. Cutler is a rookie, they should let him learn from a veteran for a year.. If they bench Plummer, WHILE in the playoff hunt, Cutler better come through, or Shanahan is going to look really stupid.
              I like the move, Cutler will probably be their future anyways. And besides, he can't possibly play worse that Plummer has this year.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Funny...isn't Plummer's winning percentage in Denver like .750? I thought I saw a stat during last weeks' game that indicated he won three out every four games so far as a Bronco.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

What cracks me up is people mentioning Plummer coming here, when they were down on Losman.

Shows what great scouts they truely are.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                    Funny...isn't Plummer's winning percentage in Denver like .750? I thought I saw a stat during last weeks' game that indicated he won three out every four games so far as a Bronco.
                    It does seem kind of weird, to make that change in the middle of the season while the team is in the playoff hunt.

He will be a big free agent prize this off-season most likely.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                      I guess some people are not happy with Plummers play even in a win.

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        I don't see why
                        You're joking, right? If Cutler performs like he did, there's no question it's time for him to go. Losman is already getting shown up by Tony Romo and Phil Rivers (neither needed "1 season, 2 seasons, 36 games, etc."), and now he's going to be shown up by a rookie?

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bling
                          You're joking, right? If Cutler performs like he did, there's no question it's time for him to go. Losman is already getting shown up by Tony Romo and Phil Rivers (neither needed "1 season, 2 seasons, 36 games, etc."), and now he's going to be shown up by a rookie?
                          No, I'm not joking...a QB's success is just as dependent on his surroundings as it is his own talent
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Kerr
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

He's done, but he'll find work as a starter somewhere else next year i'm sure. Hey if drew bledsoe did, so can jake plummer.

Comment

• Bling
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              No, I'm not joking...a QB's success is just as dependent on his surroundings as it is his own talent
                              What more does he need? He has the 9th receiver in receiving yards Lee Evans, Romo has the 8th in TO, and Cutler would have the 7th in Walker. Both of which got reps yesteryday, so technically you have the best WR of the bunch.

You had McGahee who at one time led the league in rushing (yet you guys have the worst O-Line in the league). But Denver and Dallas both have 500 more yards rushing when you combine all their running backs and yours.

He makes his destiny. That's just my opinion. There's no reason why he can't be competing with other QB's. Instead he's with Mike Vick and Jake Plummer at the bottom of the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X