PDA

View Full Version : I've got to admit (playoffs)

Patrick76777
11-24-2006, 07:56 AM
It was cool to see us included in all of those playoff breakdowns yesterday. I figured they'd just leave us out!

If we beat Jacksonville and with Denver Free-falling, we'll be all over those things next weekend.

We just need LT to come down with the flu by Dec 3.

ShadowHawk7
11-24-2006, 09:59 AM
That actually makes me sad considering we dropped games on the road, against two of the best teams in the league by a combined total of 3 points.

And then we lose to a pitiful team (Lions) by the same amount. (Watching the Fins blast them did not sit easy with me.)

The Jets game we lost was made up for the Pack game we won. (Overachieved then lost, underachieved then won.)

So with a 4th and 1 conversion against the Pats, and with decent red-zone O against the Colts or some decent play period against the Lions, we are sitting at 6-4 and ACTUALLY in the playoff race. How unfortunate.

G. Host
11-24-2006, 10:50 AM
I love how analysts say we barely loss game against Colts when Colts could have easily been up a TD but did not need to at end and were content at milking the cloick. Point spread at end of game is like QB stats - not true in many cases.

Earthquake Enyart
11-24-2006, 11:09 AM
It was cool to see us included in all of those playoff breakdowns yesterday. I figured they'd just leave us out!

If we beat Jacksonville and with Denver Free-falling, we'll be all over those things next weekend.

We just need LT to come down with the flu by Dec 3.
Don't get too excited.

There are 2 reasons:

1. They are trying to convince us that Pittsburgh is still alive (must have some prime time games down the stretch).

2. They are trying to tell us that the Fins are still alive since so many "experts" picked them for the playoffs.

We just happen to be right there with them.

Typ0
11-24-2006, 11:37 AM
we should be in the playoff race but aren't.

Dozerdog
11-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Don't get too excited.

There are 2 reasons:

1. They are trying to convince us that Pittsburgh is still alive (must have some prime time games down the stretch).

2. They are trying to tell us that the Fins are still alive since so many "experts" picked them for the playoffs.

We just happen to be right there with them.That's exactly what I thought when I saw "Pittsburgh" next to Buffalo.

LtBillsFan66
11-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Mathematically, yes. Realistically, no.

G. Host
11-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Networks are always trying to make as many games as possble look meaningful - it helps ratings.

Typ0
11-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Networks are always trying to make as many games as possble look meaningful - it helps ratings.

i know that is true but there also are teams that rise from the bottom with a win streak to challenge or make the playoffs. One of these current middle feeders probably will make a go of it this season too.

Patrick76777
11-24-2006, 11:54 AM
I do the playoff things every year and every year I get the same responses.

The best was 2004 when we were 3-6 and I was getting blasted and then we almost pulled the damn thing out. I really wish we would have.

You never know! Things happen all the time.

The_Philster
11-24-2006, 11:58 AM
i know that is true but there also are teams that rise from the bottom with a win streak to challenge or make the playoffs. One of these current middle feeders probably will make a go of it this season too.The '96 Jags were 3-6 and wound up making it to the AFC Title game

Patrick76777
11-24-2006, 12:17 PM
i know that is true but there also are teams that rise from the bottom with a win streak to challenge or make the playoffs. One of these current middle feeders probably will make a go of it this season too.

Every single year, a 5-6 or 6-5 team makes a run and either makes the playoffs or just misses.

2001 Patriots 6-5 - Won Superbowl
2002 Jets - 5-6
2002 Titans - 6-5
2002 Steelers - Actually 6-4-1
2002 Browns - 6-5 and actually lost week 12 to go 6-6.
2003 Broncos - 6-5
2003 Ravens - 6-5
2004 Seahawks - 6-5
2004 Rams - 5-6
2004 Bills 5-6 - Just missed.
2005 Redskins - 5-6

2005 Steelers were also 7-5 before they made the run.

I didn't check all of the NFC. Too much time.

Disclaimer: This is not to say that we're going to the playoffs! Not at all! Not one bit! Just writing this to show how teams can make runs at the end of the season.

OpIv37
11-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Damn, the TD era has really reduced our standards. We're happy about not being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs with 6 games left to play.

Mr. Cynical
11-24-2006, 02:39 PM
The '96 Jags were 3-6 and wound up making it to the AFC Title game

True athough thier offense was ranked 3rd and their defense was ranked 15th.

Mr. Cynical
11-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Damn, the TD era has really reduced our standards. We're happy about not being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs with 6 games left to play.

We will not make the playoffs. That much I am certain of

(and to those who are going to ask, no, I don't have a crystal ball and don't know the lotto numbers for tomorrow....this is my OPINION)

ShadowHawk7
11-24-2006, 02:50 PM
If anything, this current win streak of one game should make the Bills feel terrible about squandering the Pats, Lions, and Colts games. Even squeezing just one of those games would make our prospects a lot more legitimate.

Luisito23
11-24-2006, 04:36 PM

I wanna groan you....but sadly I agree .......:blamelog:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

Luisito23
11-24-2006, 04:41 PM
If anything, this current win streak of one game should make the Bills feel terrible about squandering the Pats, Lions, and Colts games. Even squeezing just one of those games would make our prospects a lot more legitimate.

Yeah, but who's to know had we won any of those games there wouldn't of had been a letdown afterwards....

GO BILLS!!!!!

OpIv37
11-24-2006, 07:32 PM

(and to those who are going to ask, no, I don't have a crystal ball and don't know the lotto numbers for tomorrow....this is my OPINION)

Oh I agree completely- but the whole point of this thread was that we got satisfaction out of just being able to be included in the graphic of potential playoff team, however unrealistic the chances of making the playoffs may be.

Instead of hoping to be in the playoff hunt or- get this- ACTUALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS, we've reduced our standards to "Woo-hoo! 1/3 of the season to go and we're not mathematically eliminated yet!"

raphael120
11-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Oh I agree completely- but the whole point of this thread was that we got satisfaction out of just being able to be included in the graphic of potential playoff team, however unrealistic the chances of making the playoffs may be.

Instead of hoping to be in the playoff hunt or- get this- ACTUALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS, we've reduced our standards to "Woo-hoo! 1/3 of the season to go and we're not mathematically eliminated yet!"

thus is the life of a bills fan. we're all excited JP threw a comeback TD pass after, what? 5 years of not seeing ANYTHING like that before. we've become very starved fans, and you could throw wax fruit at us and we'd pee our pants in joy

The_Philster
11-25-2006, 08:42 AM

an opinion isn't a certainty
For you to say you're certain of it and then to say it's your opinion...make up your mind...can't have it both ways

ShadowHawk7
11-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Who cares about the playoff picture and how close we are to almost being in it, the fact of the matter is, we have to win out to get in. 9-7 will likely not do it for us with our average conference record and that the AFC is way better than the NFC again.

So basically, your asking a team to win six games straight, when it has not won TWO games straight all year.
Possible, but improbable.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Who cares about the playoff picture and how close we are to almost being in it, the fact of the matter is, we have to win out to get in. 9-7 will likely not do it for us with our average conference record and that the AFC is way better than the NFC again.

So basically, your asking a team to win six games straight, when it has not won TWO games straight all year.
Possible, but improbable.

Are you all so sure?

JoeMama
11-26-2006, 11:03 PM
It was cool to see us included in all of those playoff breakdowns yesterday.

For real, there's something so satisfying about that.

Not just that we're clawing our way back into the playoff picture, but that the networks are taking notice.

We were sort of in the picture back in 2004 toward the end -- which was pretty ****ing nice until the Steelers cleaned our clocks.

Other than that, we've been WAY out of the playoff picture by December for the last 7 years.

I love the fact that I get to see the Bills logo when they break down the playoff picture.

And not just for the pleasing aesthetics. I love the fact that we're starting to look good again.

Finally!

SpillerThrills
11-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Shannon Sharp just said it on ESPN.... Buffalo is a team coming into their own.....

IF we can improve in the offseason in a few positions and JP continues to grow and gain confidence I think this team can be a playoff caliper team next season!

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2006, 11:34 PM
an opinion isn't a certainty
For you to say you're certain of it and then to say it's your opinion...make up your mind...can't have it both ways

My opinion is that I'm certain they won't make it. There's nothing amibiguous or contradictory about that statement whatsoever.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2006, 11:38 PM
My opinion is that I'm certain they won't make it. There's nothing amibiguous or contradictory about that statement whatsoever.

Really? If we win out do we make it?

PECKERWOOD
11-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Its not as bad as we think it is.. We still have a shot, especially if our team keeps up the good work. The playoffs seem far away, but it feels nice to be in the hunt for a change.