PDA

View Full Version : Another playoff thread! Breakdown and prediction.

Patrick76777
11-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Indy and Balt appear to have their divisions wrapped up.

NE looks to have nice division lead, however the Jets are 2 back and could have the division record tiebreaker if they beat Buffalo and Miami. Don’t count the Jets out.

SD has a nice division lead and should hold on to that one.

KC looks to be leading the Wildcard race, but I wouldn’t be shocked too see them fall out of it. This team doesn’t have the best reputation for winning clutch games.

Denver is in a freefall and might win 1 game the rest of the year.

Jacksonville is riddled with injuries and are about to lose to the Bills (wishful thinking.)

The Jets, Miami, Cincy, Pitts and Buffalo all have 4 or 5 wins.

My guess is that the division winners will be the top 4 mentioned above. KC will grab one of the WC’s and The Jets, Miami, Cincy, Pitts, Buffalo, Jacksonville or Denver will grab the last spot.

If you think we have a tough schedule, check out the AFC North!

All that being said, I wouldn’t be shocked to see the second WC come out of the AFC East! Miami, Buffalo, Jets. Sure they’ll most likely get smoked in the first round, but they’ll make it.

mybills
11-24-2006, 08:56 AM
I still think the Jets will catch NE. NE got many of their home games out of the way already, too. (wishful thinking) I wanna see NE crash & burn. :evil:

Ickybaluky
11-24-2006, 10:00 AM
I still think the Jets will catch NE. NE got many of their home games out of the way already, too. (wishful thinking) I wanna see NE crash & burn. :evil:

NE has played an equal split of games (5 home/5 away), and is only 2-3 in home games. They are undefeated on the road.

I think the game on Sunday will be very telling for the Pats. They historically have played their best after Thanksgiving under Belichick, and they match up pretty well with the Bears (IMO). Having gone 7-3 to date, they have set themselves up well for a strong finish. The Pats are looking pretty good, but they need to get on a roll down the stretch.

They are looking like a very balanced team:

- 8th in the NFL in rushing yards, and 2nd in rushing yards allowed

- 12th in the NFL in turnover ratio

- 7th in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency while 12th in 3rd down conversions allowed

- 3rd in the NFL in Red Zone TD%, and 6th in Red Zone TD% allowed

- 9th in the NFL in scoring offense, and 2nd in the NFL in scoring defense

That kind of balance bodes well for them down the stretch and in the playoffs.

mybills
11-24-2006, 12:02 PM
NE has played an equal split of games (5 home/5 away),

And that's too even at this point. We're just getting our 5th home game this week, and you're on your 6th, so are the Jets. Even Miami has only had 5, and btw, they've been winning at home and away.

Devin
11-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Bye: Colts/Balt

Wildcard: Pats, SD, Den, Cincy

I dont think this year any of the 4-6/5-5 teams will make it in.

mybills
11-24-2006, 12:07 PM
I hate to agree, but..
then again, anything can happen.

Patrick76777
11-24-2006, 12:20 PM

Um.....Cincy is 5-5!

Devin
11-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Um.....Cincy is 5-5!

i retract my statement then, 1 5-5 team will get in.

Mitchy moo
11-24-2006, 02:03 PM
i retract my statement then, 1 5-5 team will get in.

One 4-6 team will get in as well, Buffalo. GO BILLS!!!!!

YardRat
11-24-2006, 05:24 PM

Can't argue, except for maybe KC over Cincinnati as a wild card.

RedEyE
11-24-2006, 05:28 PM
It's looking more and more like Plummer is going to be benched. That means enter one Jay Cutler. While Jay Cutler might be a decent QB, chances are his career will start similar to Matt Leinart.

Adam Schefter was reported saying that the only reason Cutler did not get the nod this week against the Cheifs was because it was a short week and the Broncos coaching staff wanted to get the kid more time for preparation.

I only mention this because a few of us think the Broncos have a chance to still grab a Wild Card. If Cutler starts, I think the % of that occurring drops significantly.

I think the other wild card team will come out of the AFC East as well. And most of you are not going to like my answer. I see Miami easily sliding their way through the schedule the next couple of weeks. They are gaining momentum with Harrington under center and don't appear to be slowing anytime soon.

3 of their last 5 games are at home. Two of the games are against division foes with equally struggling records, a 3rd against the Pats in Miami. Their toughest game is next week against Jaxsonville who has struggled on the road. Their last game of the season comes against a dominate Colts team that will more than likely not even need to play their starters the entire game. In other words if the Dolphins can manage to slide past either Jacksonville or NE, they could very well then win their last 3 games against Buffalo, NYJ, and Indy.

I think a 9-7 record injects them into a wild card slot.

JACKSONVILLE
NEW ENGLAND
@ Buffalo
NY JETS
@ Indy