On the Clock: Cincinatti (from Atlanta through Buffalo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

On the Clock: Cincinatti (from Atlanta through Buffalo)

How about it? Price to atlanta for a #1 pick and then the conditional and we send the Bengals the pick to not match the offer for Spikes. Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Well...they wouldn't be on the clock then. Atlanta currently has the #23 pick, not the #1 pick.
    If you wanna get technical about it, that is.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Interesting proposal. What if another team intervenes in the bidding for Spikes? Could be risky for Buffalo, otherwise I like the thought.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I had this idea 2 weeks ago

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
          Interesting proposal. What if another team intervenes in the bidding for Spikes? Could be risky for Buffalo, otherwise I like the thought.
          Then the Bengals could match the offer and we would get him for the pick anyways?
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by clumping platelets

I had this idea 2 weeks ago

Well :angry:, I guess you are just the "man" then

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

What I mean by risky is that the offer that Cincy is to "match" may be more then the Bills are willing to pay. Buffalo would be stuck with the high dollar contract, wouldn't they?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

Given the cap bucks we have left, I'd rather make a move for Peterson and then try and sign Thornton and/or Scioli too.

If we land Spikes, he'd be good, but he'd also be very overpriced due to the interest and hype in him. Whichever team that gets him runs the risk of paying too much.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                  Given the cap bucks we have left, I'd rather make a move for Peterson and then try and sign Thornton and/or Scioli too.
                  I like this idea a lot. Depending on what Peterson signs for, I think it would be possible to afford all 3.

Comment

• TypicalBill
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

If we land Spikes, he'd be good, but he'd also be very overpriced due to the interest and hype in him. Whichever team that gets him runs the risk of paying too much.

Agreed
                    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Peterson is probably my preference too, if only because of the salary inflation that's possible with Spikes.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Billsouth
                        • Jul 2002

i would not be willing to give a first round pick to the bungles to not match spikes. the bungles are NOt going to match any contract especially with the first. if they had any intention on keeping spikes and his big contract they would have done what we did with pp and franchised his ass. that way they get some protection.
                        "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

Working...
                        X