PDA

View Full Version : On the Clock: Cincinatti (from Atlanta through Buffalo)

casdhf
03-01-2003, 07:05 PM
How about it? Price to atlanta for a #1 pick and then the conditional and we send the Bengals the pick to not match the offer for Spikes. Any thoughts?

The_Philster
03-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Well...they wouldn't be on the clock then. Atlanta currently has the #23 pick, not the #1 pick.
If you wanna get technical about it, that is. ;)

RedEyE
03-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Interesting proposal. What if another team intervenes in the bidding for Spikes? Could be risky for Buffalo, otherwise I like the thought.

clumping platelets
03-01-2003, 07:10 PM
:shakeno:

I had this idea 2 weeks ago

:sadwalk:

casdhf
03-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Interesting proposal. What if another team intervenes in the bidding for Spikes? Could be risky for Buffalo, otherwise I like the thought.

Then the Bengals could match the offer and we would get him for the pick anyways?

ArcticWildMan
03-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
:shakeno:

I had this idea 2 weeks ago

:sadwalk:

Well :angry:, I guess you are just the "man" then :D

RedEyE
03-01-2003, 07:13 PM
What I mean by risky is that the offer that Cincy is to "match" may be more then the Bills are willing to pay. Buffalo would be stuck with the high dollar contract, wouldn't they?

WG
03-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Given the cap bucks we have left, I'd rather make a move for Peterson and then try and sign Thornton and/or Scioli too.

If we land Spikes, he'd be good, but he'd also be very overpriced due to the interest and hype in him. Whichever team that gets him runs the risk of paying too much.

RedEyE
03-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Given the cap bucks we have left, I'd rather make a move for Peterson and then try and sign Thornton and/or Scioli too.

I like this idea a lot. Depending on what Peterson signs for, I think it would be possible to afford all 3. :up:

TypicalBill
03-02-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

If we land Spikes, he'd be good, but he'd also be very overpriced due to the interest and hype in him. Whichever team that gets him runs the risk of paying too much.

Agreed :up:

TigerJ
03-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Peterson is probably my preference too, if only because of the salary inflation that's possible with Spikes.

Billsouth
03-02-2003, 08:13 PM
i would not be willing to give a first round pick to the bungles to not match spikes. the bungles are NOt going to match any contract especially with the first. if they had any intention on keeping spikes and his big contract they would have done what we did with pp and franchised his ass. that way they get some protection.