Since we have a UM player or two, I thought this relevant....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Since we have a UM player or two, I thought this relevant....

Dude your fired but you get to coach a bowl game?? That is really messed up.. With a name like coker, how could one go wrong in Miami?

Miami fired football coach Larry Coker on Friday, a day after the Hurricanes beat No. 18 Boston College 17-14 to salvage a 6-6 season to become eligible to play in a postseason bowl game.

Coker was informed of the decision by athletics director Paul Dee early Friday. Coker has three years remaining on a contract that pays him nearly $2 million annually, and the school will owe him between $2.4 million and $3 million in a buyout.

Larry Coker was fired Friday as the head coach at the University of Miami.
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Since we have a UM player or two, I thought this relevant....

If he sucks, he sucks. If he has to go, he has to go. That program is hurting right now. No different than Michigan State except their coach was fired with several games left and is coaching them all

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
      Dude your fired but you get to coach a bowl game?? That is really messed up.. With a name like coker, how could one go wrong in Miami?

This is extremely common in college football, they usually let the coach finish out the season, it happens alot.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
        • Nov 2005

Overdue. Coker's awful.

Still, I wish he would have gotten another year. Watching Miami suck was awesome.

Comment

• Bling
          • Jul 2004

I hope he tanks it to spite Miami.

This is bad for Miami, because the coaching class really has little prospects. Maybe they get that guy from Rutgers, who knows.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

Jim Fassel did it in NY/ but anyway i think this was one of the worst coaching decisions Miami could make, 1 national championship game another lost on a blown call and another big time bowl game plus another 2 decent bowl games this guy deserves one more chance.......Coker wasnt a bad coach he was a bad recruiter though, he went for talent and not personality and talent although that is pretty bad you've gotta give him another chance

On Greg Schiano becoming the next HC it would be the worst coaching decison of his life! Just ask Dan Hawkins who went from making a bowl team every season in Boise St. to becoming the head coach of a big time program surrounded by controversy he goes 2-10 and his former team Boise St. goes undefeated. Schiano would be in a similar situation after next season if he excepts the job at the U guaranteed. In my opinion they should hire Dennis Erickson from Idaho.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Coker won 80% of his games for Miami btw..
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                Jim Fassel did it in NY/ but anyway i think this was one of the worst coaching decisions Miami could make, 1 national championship game another lost on a blown call and another big time bowl game plus another 2 decent bowl games this guy deserves one more chance.......Coker wasnt a bad coach he was a bad recruiter though, he went for talent and not personality and talent although that is pretty bad you've gotta give him another chance

On Greg Schiano becoming the next HC it would be the worst coaching decison of his life! Just ask Dan Hawkins who went from making a bowl team every season in Boise St. to becoming the head coach of a big time program surrounded by controversy he goes 2-10 and his former team Boise St. goes undefeated. Schiano would be in a similar situation after next season if he excepts the job at the U guaranteed. In my opinion they should hire Dennis Erickson from Idaho.
                blown call my ass!! Get over it already. Come on over and I will throw the 2002 National Championship DVD in and we will slow-mo it. Clearly a penalty just a real slow flag.

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                  blown call my ass!! Get over it already. Come on over and I will throw the 2002 National Championship DVD in and we will slow-mo it. Clearly a penalty just a real slow flag.
                  You know we're friends and you know I hate UM. That was no penalty whatsoever, but that's typical of UM. 1 bad call and they want to whine. They still had a chance to win, the game wasn't over.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                    • Mar 2005

whatever Bling. Come watch it with me. Plus like their center said...if they were as good as they thought they were it would have never come to that.

and to be fair to UM, I have NEVER heard the players or coaches whine about it....just fans

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Bling
                      You know we're friends and you know I hate UM. That was no penalty whatsoever, but that's typical of UM. 1 bad call and they want to whine. They still had a chance to win, the game wasn't over.
                      I found a bling nerve, UM.

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
                        I found a bling nerve, UM.
                        LOL... You wish.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Coker won 80% of his games for Miami btw..
                          True, but he inherited a pretty good team. They have gotten worse and worse each time he was required to recruit.

Comment

Working...
                          X