X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

JP vs. other QB's

Could anyone tell me of all the other QB's that have started every game for their team - which are he better than?

I'll only put up Mike Vick and Jake Plummer. MAYBE Charlie Frye

Tell me who he's better than and why.
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: JP vs. other QB's

Originally posted by Bling
    Could anyone tell me of all the other QB's that have started every game for their team - which are he better than?

I'll only put up Mike Vick and Jake Plummer. MAYBE Charlie Frye

Tell me who he's better than and why.
    Funny how you say QB's that have started EVERY game. Many QB's that were starters at the beginning of the season, lost their jobs to better players. So I will include a list of all QB's he is better than, the ones that haven't started the full season will have an asterisk by their names. It is also unfair to compare him to QB's on superior teams, but oh well.

I would rather have JP over any of these QB's:

David Carr
    Mark Brunell *
    Alex Smith
    Brett Favre
    John Kitna
    Byron Leftwich *
    David Gerrard *
    Steve McNair
    Michael Vick
    Charlie Frye
    Eli Manning
    Ben Roethlisberger *
    Brad Johnson
    Joey Harrington *
    Dante Culpepper *
    Bruce Gradkowski *
    Chris Simms *
    Seneca Wallace *

Comment

• Bling
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
      Funny how you say QB's that have started EVERY game. Many QB's that were starters at the beginning of the season, lost their jobs to better players. So I will include a list of all QB's he is better than, the ones that haven't started the full season will have an asterisk by their names. It is also unfair to compare him to QB's on superior teams, but oh well.

I would rather have JP over any of these QB's:

David Carr
      Mark Brunell *
      Alex Smith
      Brett Favre
      John Kitna
      Byron Leftwich *
      Steve McNair
      Michael Vick
      Charlie Frye
      Eli Manning
      Ben Roethlisberger *
      Brad Johnson
      Joey Harrington *
      Dante Culpepper *
      Bruce Gradkowski *
      Chris Simms *
      Seneca Wallace *
      So you agree that Losman should be benched?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Not with what is on the bench.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Where are you reading this at? Ofcourse not. I hope Buffalo doesn't run Losman out of town the same way Detroit did to Harrington.. As you can see, it's looking like Miami got a steal and Detroit made a critical mistake..

Comment

• Bling
            • Jul 2004

Where are you reading this at? Ofcourse not. I hope Buffalo doesn't run Losman out of town the same way Detroit did to Harrington.. As you can see, it's looking like Miami got a steal..
            Buddy, the only person you can put Losman up against are the people in his class. People that get a free ride. You can't compare him to benched people like Brunell or Culpepper.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Buddy, the only person you can put Losman up against are the people in his class. People that get a free ride. You can't compare him to benched people like Brunell or Culpepper.
              Why can't I? I'm sorry I don't play by the rules, but I promise to keep things in proportion. I compared him to starting QB's and benched QB's. See asterisk next to 'x' players name. Many of the QB's on my list with an asterisk have played the majority of the season. I refuse to take a QB off the list because they were simply injured for a couple of games. Plus, when I compiled this list, I wasn't basing it off of stats, so how many starts a QB had, is irrelevant.

Comment

• Bling
                • Jul 2004

Why can't I? I'm sorry I don't play by the rules, but I promise to keep things in proportion. I compared him to starting QB's and benched QB's. See asterisk next to 'x' players name. Many of the QB's on my list with an asterisk have played the majority of the season. I refuse to take a QB off the list because they were simply injured for a couple of games. Plus, when I compiled this list, I wasn't basing it off of stats, so how many starts a QB had, is irrelevant.
                Obviously you didn't base it off stats. You didn't base off anything but homerism. Kitna, McNair, Carr, Favre, Leftwich, Manning, Roethlisbeger, Harrington are all without a doubt better than Losman.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Obviously you didn't base it off stats. You didn't base off anything but homerism. Kitna, McNair, Carr, Favre, Leftwich, Manning, Roethlisbeger, Harrington are all without a doubt better than Losman.
                  No thanks to Kitna, McNair, Carr and Leftwich. They may be better then JP but I still don't want them as my QB.

I doubt any of the 4 will ever get a ring.

Comment

• Bling
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                    No thanks to Kitna, McNair, Carr and Leftwich. They may be better then JP but I still don't want them as my QB.

I doubt any of the 4 will ever get a ring.
                    Kitna and McNair's age will definitely keep them off my team. Leftwich is injury prone, so I agree there too, but I still have faith in Carr.

But no doubt none of them get a ring.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

JP Losman is still a work in progress. He is on a learning curve. I don't think Dick Jauron is just doing coachspeak when he talks about Losman learning and growing. That means that the JP Losman who played against the Texans is a good bit better than the JP Losman who played against New England in the opener. I think the JP Losman who plays against Baltimore will be a fair amount better than the JP Losman who played against Houston, but we won't know that for certain until or unless it happens.

Now, QBs like Alex Smith, Bruce Gradkowski and Charlie Frye, and even Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger to some extent are also in a learning curve. Only God can predict where these guys are going to end up in terms of their ability to be NFL QBs. That's why I can't and won't play your little game. I like my chances with JP right now, and I'd just as soon ride him until I know what kind of horse he is.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

you know what...stats dont mean crap. talent does. if JP shows more of what he did last week against good teams, like Jacksonville, i think we're on something. but for right now, this whole comparing JP to other QB's is tired, and old..and really it feels like everyoens just trying to convince themselves that he's good/bad. you can't judge a young, inconsistant QB on a really mediocre team game by game. wait til this season is over..i like what i saw last week, but again...it WAS houston. i want to see him ride out the season, see how the team comes off this awesome win, and then we can say if he's good or not. but right now he's sucked so bad, and done good also this season, it's really hard to say anything about him definitively. this is comparing apples and oranges...JP has had such a crap situation with mularkey, TD, the components of the team, all the other QB's drafted with him have TOTALLY different situations...

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Nope.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

Did you step in something? What are you basing that on? Obviously not stats!!

Here's a few stats that are not contingent on playing time...

(6) Carr - 69.5% (1), 89.5 pr (1), 6.65 ypa (4)
                            (8) Losman - 62.6 (3)%, 85.1 pr (2), 7.02 ypa (3)
                            (10) Kitna - 62.1% (4), 80.0 pr (4), 7.12 ypa (2)
                            (11) Roethlisberger - 62.7% (2), 75.8 pr (8), 7.57 ypa (1)
                            (18) Favre - 56.7% (9), 80.1 pr (3), 6.45 ypa (6)
                            (18) McNair - 61.2% (5), 78.1 pr (6), 6.34 ypa (7)
                            (19) Leftwich - 59.0% (6), 79.0 pr (5), 6.33 ypa (8)
                            (20) Eli Manning - 57.8% (8), 77.5 pr (7), 6.59 ypa (5)
                            (25) Harrington - 58.5% (7), 71.6 pr (9), 6.05 ypa (9)

Well looky there... Out of the 8 QB's you mentioned... JP would be just behind Carr for the lead.

Have a look who resides in the basement.

Trolling is best done in a boat.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by draz54
                              Did you step in something? What are you basing that on? Obviously not stats!!

Here's a few stats that are not contingent on playing time...

(6) Carr - 69.5% (1), 89.5 pr (1), 6.65 ypa (4)
                              (8) Losman - 62.6 (3)%, 85.1 pr (2), 7.02 ypa (3)
                              (10) Kitna - 62.1% (4), 80.0 pr (4), 7.12 ypa (2)
                              (11) Roethlisberger - 62.7% (2), 75.8 pr (8), 7.57 ypa (1)
                              (18) Favre - 56.7% (9), 80.1 pr (3), 6.45 ypa (6)
                              (18) McNair - 61.2% (5), 78.1 pr (6), 6.34 ypa (7)
                              (19) Leftwich - 59.0% (6), 79.0 pr (5), 6.33 ypa (8)
                              (20) Eli Manning - 57.8% (8), 77.5 pr (7), 6.59 ypa (5)
                              (25) Harrington - 58.5% (7), 71.6 pr (9), 6.05 ypa (9)

Well looky there... Out of the 8 QB's you mentioned... JP would be just behind Carr for the lead.

Have a look who resides in the basement.

Trolling is best done in a boat.
                              Bling and JPHaters hate facts and stats.

Comment

Working...
                              X