PDA

View Full Version : A thread for all the blacked out folks....... & a REP THREAD!

Mitchy moo
11-24-2006, 08:50 PM
If your blacked out, it means you are close enough to the stadium to go. I live in SW FL and cannot just drive to the game, even though I come to the home opener every year and go to the Miami game (~90 Miles away, kinda like a blackout distance).

My Simple suggestion is go to the game. I would love to go to the game and you guys live so close and debate about it. This is our team and they need you support and your voice, we need to win out to see post-season play. Step up and get tickets, there are 7,000 or so available and the game is on, watch it the best way, live.

jpdex12
11-24-2006, 09:11 PM
If your blacked out, it means you are close enough to the stadium to go. I live in SW FL and cannot just drive to the game, even though I come to the home opener every year and go to the Miami game (~90 Miles away, kinda like a blackout distance).

My Simple suggestion is go to the game. I would love to go to the game and you guys live so close and debate about it. This is our team and they need you support and your voice, we need to win out to see post-season play. Step up and get tickets, there are 7,000 or so available and the game is on, watch it the best way, live.

While Syracuse to Buffalo is 2-1/2 hours away it is closer than SW FL to Buffalo, but due to prior commitments Sunday I cannot afford to spend a full 12 hour day 8am to 8pm driving to Buffalo and back. I do however have time to watch the game in its entirety from 1pm to 4:30pm Sunday but I, like a few others, are "F"ed and cannot because about 2 million NY residents to my west cannot buy up 7,500 more tickets so us Central New Yorkers can watch the game. I just wanted to know for future reference if I ever got in a bind and couldn't make it to B'lo that I could resort to the Sunday ticket n the Syracuse area.... Anyone know? (~120 Miles away, kinda "NOT" like a blackout distance).

BADTHINGSMAN
11-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Id love to go, but id have to sit there with the in-laws.. Just wouldnt be the same, and they are Redskin fans..

Billscusey
11-24-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm goin! Black out Shmlack out!

LtFinFan66
11-24-2006, 09:28 PM
NFL Sunday Ticket baby!!

hammerbillsfan
11-24-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm goin! Black out Shmlack out!

Come by our tailgate if you're going! :tailgate: :beers:

SquishDaFish
11-24-2006, 09:33 PM
If I could afford to go I would drive the 6 hours.

spacecowboy
11-24-2006, 09:47 PM
3 1/2 hour drive for me,from another country, I'm goin! eh eh eh eh! Let's go Buffalo!

TigerJ
11-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Hmm. Church ends at noon. I have to greet parishioners as they leave. Then I go around the church turning off lights, turning down thermostats, put my wireless mike away hang up my robe lock the church up and go home. It's generally about 20 minutes after twelve when I get home. I'm not going to the game in my Sunday suit, so I quickly change into some jeans and a Bills sweatshirt. Fortunately the weather is going to be great so I don't need to bundle up. I leave the house at 12:30. It's just about an hour and a half to the stadium. Hmmm, 2 o'clock. I've missed the first quarter and a few minutes of the second. I pull into the parking lot. Ah, where to park. I've got to drive up and down the aisles looking for a spot. It's late so almost all of the spots are filled. Let's say I find one. It's now ten minutes after two. The only problem is it's a long walk to the gate. OK start walking. Oh there's the Billszone tailgate party over there. They're long gone, of course, vehicles closed up and locked. I get to the gate. Half time. I think I heard the Bills have a policy about closing the gate at half time, but even if they don't, I've still got a pretty good walk to get into the stadium find my seat that happened to be on the opposite side from where I was able to park. All in all, I'm afraid it's just not worth it.

I'll stay home, turn on my radio and listen while another game is on the TV without sound. Then at 3 PM I'll go down to the church for "hanging of the greens" I'll stick my radio somewhere that I can tune in from time to time to catch what's going on. Then that night I'll catch the highlights on the news and maybe go to NFL.com and check out the play by play. It's all a routine I've done before.

LtFinFan66
11-24-2006, 11:16 PM
:clap: Tiger

OpIv37
11-24-2006, 11:20 PM
sorry, but I just have to do this

:lolpoint: local Bills fans.

I'll be able to watch the game on TV over Sunday Ticket (although NOT in HD because CBS is CHEAP AND SUCKS A FAT ONE). Normally, I wouldn't gloat but by being out of the area I miss all the preseason coverage, I don't get to see the preseason games live, I don't get to go to training camp, I rarely get to go to the games, I have to pay a ****ing fortune to DirecTV to watch the games at home, I can never find any Bills or Sabres merch and I get stuck listening to Sabres games over XM or the Internet. And on top of that, I have to hear about the ****ing Skins and Ravens all the time.

For once, being out of the area works to my advantage as far as sports go, instead of completely screwing me over.

LtFinFan66
11-24-2006, 11:25 PM
How did the game not sell out?? that really surprises me

OpIv37
11-24-2006, 11:31 PM
How did the game not sell out?? that really surprises me

it's always a problem this time of year when the Bills aren't winning.

That's what happens when you have a large stadium in a small market and your team doesn't play well.

gr8slayer
11-25-2006, 12:45 AM
You all are so damn lucky to have the chance to go to Bills games. I'm shocked that more of you arent willing to dish out the money for the cheapest tickets in the league.

DynaPaul
11-25-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm all the way in Albany. Watching it on DirecTV tomorrow.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm all the way in Albany. Watching it on DirecTV tomorrow.

Albany is a bit far but if your a few hours away make a day of it.

TigerJ
11-25-2006, 04:17 PM
If I get appointed to Orchard Park United Methodist Church, I'll get season tickets. They even have their serivices at 10 AM during football season so members don't get caught in football traffic after church.

raphael120
11-25-2006, 05:56 PM
giong to have to trek to the dc bar to watch this one, hopefully i wont be disgusted and leaving early! go bills!

Meathead
11-25-2006, 06:37 PM
If I get appointed to Orchard Park United Methodist Church, I'll get season tickets. They even have their serivices at 10 AM during football season so members don't get caught in football traffic after church.
that must be one slam bam thank you mam service

Meathead
11-25-2006, 06:38 PM
lord forgive these sinners. you people, do your best

get the grill

BAM
11-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I'll be watching it from ****-Towne, PA! Woooooooo Go BILLS. :boozer:

Mitchy moo
11-25-2006, 08:37 PM
I'll be watching it from ****-Towne, PA! Woooooooo Go BILLS. :boozer:

I'm with you Bam, GO BILLS. :boozer:

Bmax
11-25-2006, 09:00 PM

I run the sound ministry at my church we start at 11 am....We have a very long service ..i have been getting home at 1:45 pm every sunday. I went to the Jets game but have been unable to go to any others. I have tickets for the fish game and will be there for that one...I love the bills but love god more ..I guess next year i will try to do four games and have some one cover for me in advance . I guess my best is to buy tickets to games that are not likely to sell out ..

Bmax

Mitchy moo
11-25-2006, 09:02 PM
I run the sound ministry at my church we start at 11 am....We have a very long service ..i have been getting home at 1:45 pm every sunday. I went to the Jets game but have been unable to go to any others. I have tickets for the fish game and will be there for that one...I love the bills but love god more ..I guess next year i will try to do four games and have some one cover for me in advance . I guess my best is to buy tickets to games that are not likely to sell out ..

Bmax

You guys need to do sat. masses and trade off for sunday. God is available 21 hours/6.80 days a week during bills season.

j/k