This is the Greg Williams we all knew....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

This is the Greg Williams we all knew....

and grew to hate. Arrogant. Refusing to take responsibility. Stubborn. Having guys tuning him out. In effect, losing his defensive team. That seems to be what's happening in Washington. Can't say I'm shocked. He had two good years In Washington but this year they've had some adversity and it's a sinking ship. I know things are not all cherries and cream here but it just reminds me how glad I am that he changed zip codes. Here's the link to the article- worth a read.

The Washington Redskins made the playoffs a year ago. They won't this year, and the problems are mounting, writes Tom Friend.
    finsrclowns
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: This is the Greg Williams we all knew....

What an idiot, thank god that guy is gone.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

So, no doubt, that leaves the Redskins. Forbes Magazine keeps saying they are the most valuable NFL franchise, the Yankees of football. Their offensive and defensive coordinators earn approximately $5 million a year combined, their budget is the moon, and owner Dan Snyder's jet -- Redskin One -- is probably already fueling up to greet Nate Clements and Dwight Freeney on the first day of 2007 free agency.

If so I hope Clements fires his agent and signs Rosenass. $ynder and Rosenass deserve each other.

Gregg Williams was supposedly the heir apparent but $nyder hasn't kept a coach for very long no matter how much he paid them.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

Wow, now that is one scathing indictment of Greg Williams. He is an egomaniac!
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Gregg Williams isn't even a Cover 2 DC - he runs the Buddy Ryan hybrid defense. If he is coaching Cover 2, and I have not been watching the Reducks despite it being a local team, he is not teaching what he knows.

But why did the players follow him to Washington if he is as bad as they claim? Money only goes so far especially when a coach can ruin a player's career.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

They're coaching a bunch of players that last year's 5-11 Bills/this year's 4-6 Bills didn't want anymore with a bunch of coaches that losing Bills teams didn't want anymore. And they wonder why their D can't do ****?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Insults aside, though, I think Gregg Williams will be a successful HC one day. The guy knows D (this year's team notwithstanding- a lot of things went wrong outside of his control), and if he learns from Gibbs and his mistakes in Buffalo, he'll make it eventually.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Insults aside, though, I think Gregg Williams will be a successful HC one day. The guy knows D (this year's team notwithstanding- a lot of things went wrong outside of his control), and if he learns from Gibbs and his mistakes in Buffalo, he'll make it eventually.
                Id have agreed last year. After reading this article I have to wonder.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Anyone who has the ability to drive a Joe Gibbs Coached team into the ground, shouldn't even be allowed on a football field.

Williams is a POS.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

MOOBS!

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                      Anyone who has the ability to drive a Joe Gibbs Coached team into the ground, shouldn't even be allowed on a football field.

Williams is a POS.
                      The sad part is..Joe's letting him do it.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Wow. If I was a Redskins fan I would be incredibly furious and concerned after reading that article.

I wonder what Troy Vincent thinks of all of this? As the Players Union main representative I'm sure he's bubbling with opinion.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

i still can't stand looking at that *****.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                            I think that honor goes to none other than Daniel Snyder. Oh and don't forget Gibbs himself- he has a lot of duties in Washington that are reserved for GM's on most teams. Washington doesn't even have a GM- just a VP for Player Personnel (Vinny Serrato- and most of the local Skins fans think he's a dumb dago).
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

But I thought he was a defensive mastermind?

Face it, he's doing the same thing in Washington that he did in Buffalo. He's bringing a bunch of his former players, that are washed up and trying to build a defense with them.

This guy will never be a head coach again. Washington was his last chance IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X