PDA

View Full Version : This is the Greg Williams we all knew....

finsrclowns
11-24-2006, 09:40 PM
and grew to hate. Arrogant. Refusing to take responsibility. Stubborn. Having guys tuning him out. In effect, losing his defensive team. That seems to be what's happening in Washington. Can't say I'm shocked. He had two good years In Washington but this year they've had some adversity and it's a sinking ship. I know things are not all cherries and cream here but it just reminds me how glad I am that he changed zip codes. Here's the link to the article- worth a read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2672668&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

Devin
11-24-2006, 09:48 PM
What an idiot, thank god that guy is gone.

G. Host
11-24-2006, 09:55 PM
So, no doubt, that leaves the Redskins. Forbes Magazine keeps saying they are the most valuable NFL franchise, the Yankees of football. Their offensive and defensive coordinators earn approximately $5 million a year combined, their budget is the moon, and owner Dan Snyder's jet -- Redskin One -- is probably already fueling up to greet Nate Clements and Dwight Freeney on the first day of 2007 free agency.

If so I hope Clements fires his agent and signs Rosenass. $ynder and Rosenass deserve each other.

Gregg Williams was supposedly the heir apparent but $nyder hasn't kept a coach for very long no matter how much he paid them.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Wow, now that is one scathing indictment of Greg Williams. He is an egomaniac!

G. Host
11-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Gregg Williams isn't even a Cover 2 DC - he runs the Buddy Ryan hybrid defense. If he is coaching Cover 2, and I have not been watching the Reducks despite it being a local team, he is not teaching what he knows.

But why did the players follow him to Washington if he is as bad as they claim? Money only goes so far especially when a coach can ruin a player's career.

OpIv37
11-24-2006, 11:04 PM
They're coaching a bunch of players that last year's 5-11 Bills/this year's 4-6 Bills didn't want anymore with a bunch of coaches that losing Bills teams didn't want anymore. And they wonder why their D can't do ****?

OpIv37
11-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Insults aside, though, I think Gregg Williams will be a successful HC one day. The guy knows D (this year's team notwithstanding- a lot of things went wrong outside of his control), and if he learns from Gibbs and his mistakes in Buffalo, he'll make it eventually.

Devin
11-25-2006, 12:50 AM
Insults aside, though, I think Gregg Williams will be a successful HC one day. The guy knows D (this year's team notwithstanding- a lot of things went wrong outside of his control), and if he learns from Gibbs and his mistakes in Buffalo, he'll make it eventually.

Id have agreed last year. After reading this article I have to wonder.

Historian
11-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Anyone who has the ability to drive a Joe Gibbs Coached team into the ground, shouldn't even be allowed on a football field.

Williams is a POS.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2006, 06:01 AM
MOOBS!

mybills
11-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Anyone who has the ability to drive a Joe Gibbs Coached team into the ground, shouldn't even be allowed on a football field.

Williams is a POS.
The sad part is..Joe's letting him do it.

RedEyE
11-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Wow. If I was a Redskins fan I would be incredibly furious and concerned after reading that article.

I wonder what Troy Vincent thinks of all of this? As the Players Union main representative I'm sure he's bubbling with opinion.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2006, 09:42 AM
i still can't stand looking at that *****.

OpIv37
11-25-2006, 10:49 AM

I think that honor goes to none other than Daniel Snyder. Oh and don't forget Gibbs himself- he has a lot of duties in Washington that are reserved for GM's on most teams. Washington doesn't even have a GM- just a VP for Player Personnel (Vinny Serrato- and most of the local Skins fans think he's a dumb dago).

Michael82
11-25-2006, 02:20 PM
:rofl: But I thought he was a defensive mastermind? :rofl:

Face it, he's doing the same thing in Washington that he did in Buffalo. He's bringing a bunch of his former players, that are washed up and trying to build a defense with them. :ill:

This guy will never be a head coach again. Washington was his last chance IMO.

BillsFever21
11-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Sounds like a bunch of whiny millionaires trying to blame somebody else for their failures.

Michael82
11-25-2006, 02:33 PM
No way. Washington was his last chance and if he reverted back to the ******* Gregg that everyone hated here, he will never make it. :shakeno:

DynaPaul
11-26-2006, 08:55 AM
But fellas, he's SOOOOO organized. He brought index cards to his meeting with Tom Donahoe! Wow!

finsrclowns
11-26-2006, 10:50 AM

I think he's a good coordinator, despite doing a poor job this year. But the thing that jumped out at me about this article is he was letting his buddy Jackson run separate meetings for the safeties apart from the CB's. Are you kidding me? That makes me seriously question his judgement as a leader. And how could he have Jackson off sulking for several weeks and not know about it or deal with it?

He doesn't seem to know how to lead other coaches or know who is or isn't a good coach. Remember that laughingstock staff he assembled his first year? Donahoe brought in replacements in his second year if you recall. Some guys are just not HC material. GW is a decent guy and he knows defense but I would burn his phone # if I were an owner looking for a HC. Just my opinion.