X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Critical Dick....

I think Jauron has done a decent job coaching so far this season. And I'm happy to agree with his post game comments about the Bills 4th quarter play being poor.

BUT, Dick's decision in the 1st half to sit on the clock and the ball 'til half pissed me off royally.

They had 3 time outs and 1:11 on the clock. The Jags were getting the ball back to kick off the second half. The Bills should have stormed the field with a 2 minute offense.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. That was pussy, chicken **** call. Not to mention the ******ed decision by Fairchild to pass on 3rd and 1 to start the 4th qrtr. I had to look and make sure that Mularkey wasn't calling in plays from the sideline.

Thankfully this game came out with a happy ending, but the coaches need to look hard and long at this game and rethink a couple of decisions.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Critical Dick....

That did not make any sense. JP can throw the ball down field with 28 seconds left at the end of the game but not with 1:11 to go in the first half?

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I disagreed with the way they coached at the end of the game too. Once they were up 7, they seemed to be too damn comfortable there and Jauron coached scared again. I want to see us go for the kill. But so far, just leading makes him confortable.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
        I disagreed with the way they coached at the end of the game too. Once they were up 7, they seemed to be too damn comfortable there and Jauron coached scared again. I want to see us go for the kill. But so far, just leading makes him confortable.
        Totally agree. We were lucky to win with the chicken **** play calling at the end.

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

There appeared to be confusion in huddle which is why I think they did not go for it. They did not want a mistake causing them to lose the lead going into the locker room during halftime.

They need more practice getting plays off together. They also need to learn to hustle to line of scrimmage.

Comment

• unpaid_bills
            • Nov 2004

At the time i did not like the call either, showed little confidence in the O and JP. On the flip side what if an Int or fumble? I think the way the game was going at the time they wanted to keep the lead at the half.

The other one that killed me was late in the 4th 3rd and 10 they run the ball on our 40. Then they punt on 4th. Morman pooched it then Jags drive and score. The D was solid all day but you felt someone was going to make a big play. I think with the talent we have an offense (speed) they can design some better quick hitting plays. The ultra-conservative play calling is going to come back at bite the Bills in my opinion. But you have to admit JP is looking more and confident out there especially with the 4th quarter play the last two weeks. He has had enough bone head plays that ended drives or threw a pick, fumble or took a huge sack the offenive coaches will not take many chances especially in a close game.

For the fans its not exciting, but as long as we are in a position to win each week thats all that matters. I think the play calling and game plan was solid, remember the Jags have one of the better defenses in the league why give them any big play opportunities at all?
            Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

I agree with everyone else. Not doing anything before the 2nd half was dumb. We could have scored then and really put the game out of reach. Even JP was like "What the hell" when getting info from the sidelines. You always gotta try and make something happen when there's a little time left on the clock before the half.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by unpaid_bills
                The other one that killed me was late in the 4th 3rd and 10 they run the ball on our 40. Then they punt on 4th. Morman pooched it then Jags drive and score. The D was solid all day but you felt someone was going to make a big play. I think with the talent we have an offense (speed) they can design some better quick hitting plays. The ultra-conservative play calling is going to come back at bite the Bills in my opinion.
                Totally agree. I'm less upset with being conservative at the end of the first half. You're up by 3 and your going to get the ball to start the second half. But the chicken **** calls from our 40 in the 4th almost cost us the game.

Side note: Losman, before the last drive started, was telling the guys in the huddle that they were going to win this. It was awesome to watch on TV.

Comment

Working...
                X