PDA

View Full Version : Golisano Confident about Sabres Sale!

SkateZilla
03-02-2003, 01:09 AM
http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0228/1516241.html

From ESPN.com

Judge
03-02-2003, 06:18 AM
EE's awfully quiet since this positive news about Golisano broke!

The_Philster
03-02-2003, 09:18 AM
You're not complaining, are you? :snicker:

Earthquake Enyart
03-03-2003, 06:38 AM
I don't claim to be in the know like you judge. I just comment on what I see. It looks like he is hung up on that concession loan, just like Hamister, but I'm sure Tommy will get through. ;)

Judge
03-03-2003, 12:28 PM
I wasn't the "know-it-all" who said Golisano was not going to bid or would bid too low. That was you.

Don Cherry
03-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Golisano's initial offer of about $33 million was rejected by the league last November. It failed to satisfy conditions set by Adelphia Communications, one of the nation's largest cable television companies and the Sabres' largest creditor.

Golisano's new offer would have to be at least $50 million, taking into account a $22.9 million loan taken out on the construction of HSBC Arena, the Sabres' home, as well as the $20 million to $23 million the team projects to lose this season.

Ummm... take away the $20-23 million in losses the team has incurred since his first offer (which I'm sure he calculated into his original asking price), and this offer comes in at $27-$30 Million- that's lower than his original bid-

I'm no math expert but.......:rolleyes:

Earthquake Enyart
03-03-2003, 06:23 PM
If Golisano's offer was any good, he'd have the team by now.

Judge, who are you crappin?

Judge
03-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
If Golisano's offer was any good, he'd have the team by now.

Judge, who are you crappin?

This post is the definition of what a "know-it-all" post is:

Mouthing off with no basis in truth or fact.

Judge
03-04-2003, 07:29 AM
Notice to EE: Don't read this, because it involves FACT and REALITY and we know you don't care about reality.

As everyone knows, the NHL has accepted Golisano's bid. They are working on the asset purchase agreement. That's the same stage where Hamister's bid fell through- however, with no state money being requested there hasn't been as much news on the front, or any negative sign of the deal falling through.

That's what the Buffalo News, WGR, and WNSA/Empire have been saying.