PDA

View Full Version : just curious

Kerr
11-26-2006, 10:14 PM
why in the devil did dj not allow jp try and get some points down the field with 1:11...3 timeouts before the half? I would assume they didn't want to take any chances with the lead, but this is the first time in a long time i've seen a coach kill the clock with over a minute and 3 timeouts left before the half.

The boobirds would agree.

G. Host
11-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Losman and company seemed unsettled and previously when the Bills offense was unsettled they tended to either go 3 and out or make a mistake and Jauron probably wanted to go into locker room on a high note and did not want to take a chance. Imagine a Jaguar catching one of those poorly thrown balls and actually catching it and returning it for a TD. How would that have affected the game?

OpIv37
11-26-2006, 10:47 PM
that call was questionable, as was the pass on 3rd and 2- they pulled a Mularkey.

SABURZFAN
11-26-2006, 10:48 PM
it all worked out.the Special Teams pulled out the victory today. :beers:

alohabillsfan
11-27-2006, 04:36 AM
We had the lead, we get the ball at the beginning of the second half and DJ did not want to give up the ball to the jags before half.

I was wondering at the time the same thing but did not really mind the call.

jamze132
11-27-2006, 07:19 AM
that call was questionable, as was the pass on 3rd and 2- they pulled a Mularkey.
I agree. We should have attempted to move the ball and get as many points on the board. And in the future, I think Jauron will trust JP more and let him attempt those 2-min drives more often.

As far as the play call on that 3rd and short, that was stupid. McGahee just ran for 5 and 4 yards and then they want to pass? If anything, we should have done a QB sneak. I hate when a drive ends on 3rd and short when we attempt a pass.