PDA

View Full Version : San Diego vs. the "Cardiac" Bills

Devin
11-27-2006, 02:12 AM
I generally like to be optimistic, and yes I realize realism is often misconstrued as "hating" here.

The past two weeks the Bills have shown more life then they have since their run in 2004. Almost two seasons have passed since ive had any sense of pride in this team. I am cautiously optimistic about JP. No I dont believe he's all of a sudden a starting calibur QB. But hes shown signs the past few weeks, I want to see a lot more prior to the season end.

San Diego is gonna be hell. LT is just a freak of nature. Every week hes either running, catching or even throwing TD's. We won't contain him so I dont hope for that, I simply hope he doesnt have another 4 TD day and our offense can keep up.

We have home field which admittedley with the Bills in the past few years is almost irrelevant. But I know the Bills faithful will be jacked for this game that and thankfully SD is a warm weather team......hell I dont know....pray.

Keys to the game:

JP: Mistake free, use the mismatches on defense to your advantage. Pick on that secondary. This game more then any JP and his WR's need to be on point.

OL: PROTECTION. SD is gonna be pumped up, Merriman is back as is a few other injured players. Give Losman time. Willis is gonna need room to run, I expect we will have a similar gameplan to Indy, if LT aint on the field he cant score. Chew up that clock.

DL: Create pressure. SD's OL is exceptional, so it will be interesting to see what defensive gameplan they put together. Our secondary matches up well in this game with their WR's so maybe this will afford us the opportunity to play 7 up front. We wont be able to stop LT, he will rack up yardage all game. Hopefully we can keep him out the endzone to often.

Clements picked a fine time to remember how to play CB.

While I think this is a winnable game certainly, I am not overly optimistic. However if we go out and make a ballgame out of it I will be more then happy.

PECKERWOOD
11-27-2006, 02:17 AM
I generally like to be optimistic, and yes I realize realism is often misconstrued as "hating" here.

The past two weeks the Bills have shown more life then they have since their run in 2004. Almost two seasons have passed since ive had any sense of pride in this team. I am cautiously optimistic about JP. No I dont believe he's all of a sudden a starting calibur QB. But hes shown signs the past few weeks, I want to see a lot more prior to the season end.

San Diego is gonna be hell. LT is just a freak of nature. Every week hes either running, catching or even throwing TD's. We won't contain him so I dont hope for that, I simply hope he doesnt have another 4 TD day and our offense can keep up.

We have home field which admittedley with the Bills in the past few years is almost irrelevant. But I know the Bills faithful will be jacked for this game that and thankfully SD is a warm weather team......hell I dont know....pray.

Keys to the game:

JP: Mistake free, use the mismatches on defense to your advantage. Pick on that secondary. This game more then any JP and his WR's need to be on point.

OL: PROTECTION. SD is gonna be pumped up, Merriman is back as is a few other injured players. Give Losman time.

DL: Create pressure. SD's OL is exceptional, so it will be interesting to see what defensive gameplan they put together. Our secondary matches up well in this game with their WR's so maybe this will afford us the opportunity to play 7 up front. We wont be able to stop LT, he will rack up yardage all game. Hopefully we can keep him out the endzone to often.

While I think this is a winnable game certainly, I am not overly optimistic. However if we go out and make a ballgame out of it I will be more then happy.

Good to see a blend of optimism and realism, Devin. I feel the same way, we don't have much of a shot at winning this game, but I do expect our team to keep it close. LT is a complete animal, lets hope for a mediocre game from him. Perhaps we can get come snow, that may help us. But then again, We do have some players from THA U, who may not like the snow either. :lol:

jamze132
11-27-2006, 02:18 AM
It should be an interesting game. We can beat them if Rivers play's like he did last night. You can't stop LT, you can only hope to contain him which is why we should play some sort of an "LT Containment" package.

Night Train
11-27-2006, 05:43 AM
I'm very pleased with the progress of the team as a whole but our Run D has been downright terrible.

LT will be thinking big numbers come Sunday and we must somehow adjust, to keep from yielding big yardage on the ground.

jmb1099
11-27-2006, 05:55 AM

Keys to the game:

OL: PROTECTION. SD is gonna be pumped up, Merriman is back as is a few other injured players. Give Losman time. Willis is gonna need room to run, I expect we will have a similar gameplan to Indy, if LT aint on the field he cant score. Chew up that clock.

Good analysis. Its a game that can be won, the chargers are due for a loss. But LT is a beast and our run defense has been lousy. Merriman being back is going to be tough on our oline, should be interesting to see how well it holds up. No one thought our line could stop Jacksonville and we didn't give up a sack, but Merriman is a monster.
Rivers may throw a pic or two and if he does we need to turn those into td's. If Jp plays well and WM has a great game, we might have a punchers chance.

SABURZFAN
11-27-2006, 06:38 AM
I realize realism is often misconstrued as "hating" here.

that's an understatement..... :laughing:

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 06:47 AM
that's an understatement..... :laughing:

Realism....realistically the Bills could lose 4 out of their last 5 games.

Realism...realistically out of JPs 6 wins as a starter.....Ryan Leaf could have been starter in 5 of them and the Bills still would have won.

SABURZFAN
11-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Realism....realistically the Bills could lose 4 out of their last 5 games.

Realism...realistically out of JPs 6 wins as a starter.....Ryan Leaf could have been starter in 5 of them and the Bills still would have won.

no hating here.good post TD. :up:

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 06:54 AM
SD has played teams that suck and won. That doesn't mean they suck, it means they beat alot weaker opponents than us. I think they will be favorites but not by more than 4 points, which is more than manageable. This thread reminds me of how Indy was going to destroy us and after all the doom we had, we really should of won that game as well. Plan on a run stopping focused Defense.

SABURZFAN
11-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Plan on a run stopping focused Defense.

i hope so.otherwise,LT's going to have a big day and that would suck for us Bills fans.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 07:03 AM
SD has played teams that suck and won. That doesn't mean they suck, it means they beat alot weaker opponents than us. I think they will be favorites but not by more than 4 points, which is more than manageable. This thread reminds me of how Indy was going to destroy us and after all the doom we had, we really should of won that game as well. Plan on a run stopping focused Defense.

I predicted a close game with Indy. We matched up well with them.

San Diego I predict will be a blowout. Merriman I believe will be back and plus LT must have a bigger chubby then what the Losman Lickers have this week knowing he gets to play Buffalo's piss poor run defense next week. LT could have another 4 TD game next week.

Im putting 7k+ ZBs on the Chargers.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 07:05 AM
I predicted a close game with Indy. We matched up well with them.

San Diego I predict will be a blowout. Merriman I believe will be back and plus LT must have a bigger chubby then what the Losman Lickers have this week knowing he gets to play Buffalo's piss poor run defense next week. LT could have another 4 TD game next week.

Im putting 7k+ ZBs on the Chargers.

They played Oakland man, not Indy, NE, Chicago. It's Oakland and Oakland just sucks. Plan on doing alot of posting to get them back after next sunday's bills victory.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 07:15 AM
They played Oakland man, not Indy, NE, Chicago. It's Oakland and Oakland just sucks. Plan on doing alot of posting to get them back after next sunday's bills victory.

I was referring to the Bills vs Indy game and saying I predicted it to be close.

What about Oakland? They do have the 7th ranked defense. Whats Buffalos? 21?

More importantly...Buffalo Defense vs the run ranked 26th. SD run offense 2nd.