PDA

View Full Version : No sacks allowed for first time in 34 games

Coach Sal
11-27-2006, 07:20 AM
JP eluded a few, but he didn't go down.

And that's the first time a Bills QB did not go down for the entire game since back-to-back contests in 2004 (and it was Drew, ironically).

10/31/04 - no sacks allowed vs. Arizona
11/07/04 - no sacks allowed vs. NY Jets

It's been 34 games since then.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Wow, just awesome!!:bandwagon

Tinboy
11-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Hmm, the new O-line seems to work pretty good don't you think?

jamze132
11-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Hmm, the new O-line seems to work pretty good don't you think?
I will say that they are a much better unit with Peter's on the left side. However, we still need to replace Gandy and if we can find an upgrade for Pennington and Preston, then by all means, do it.

Lee-83
11-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Mcnally's a genius!

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Dare I say, progress?

The bizarre thing is how quickly this unit went from playing horribly (Colts) to playing like champs (Texans, Jaguars).

It's like they got struck by lightning after Week 10.

Looks like Jim McNally found the right mix of guys & coached them well.

M
11-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Can I get an AMEN?!?!?

HHURRICANE
11-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Mcnally's a genius!

Still think Gandy is a piece of crap. Preston is a career backup. We need to get 2 starting guards!! PERIOD. I'll reserve judgement on Pennington until the end of the season.

Luisito23
11-27-2006, 09:52 AM
The bizarre thing is how quickly this unit went from playing horribly (Colts

We didn't play horrible against Indy...Should've won too......

GO BILLS!!!!!

alohabillsfan
11-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Why all the hate on Gandy? Yes he sucks at tackle but seems more comfortable at guard, and JP called him the leader of the O-line so replacing him might not be the greatest idea.

mysticsoto
11-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Why all the hate on Gandy? Yes he sucks at tackle but seems more comfortable at guard, and JP called him the leader of the O-line so replacing him might not be the greatest idea.

Agreed. The whole left side is now our strong side and JP can now feel comfortable that he will not get blindsided as easily. If Pennington continues to improve and our RG holds his own, we will finally have a decent line.

But to call out Gandy for no reason...seems to include personal biases on him. He is doing well as LG - especially for not having been playing at the position for very long. He's another who might even get better there as time passes...

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Still think Gandy is a piece of crap. Preston is a career backup. We need to get 2 starting guards!! PERIOD. I'll reserve judgement on Pennington until the end of the season.

End of the season?

He is a rookie 7th round pick.

Give him more than ~8 games. He is no different than JP. Give him time.

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2006, 10:27 AM

GO BILLS!!!!!

The O-line struggled that game.

Kerr
11-27-2006, 10:44 AM
I watched the game, and all I can say is that the O-line played ok. The stats show no sacks, but that's because of jp's mobility. If it weren't for his mobility, there would have been more than a few sacks recorded. The inside of the line was allowing tons of pressure up the middle from henderson and stroud. This is just a case of jp making his line look better than it actually was on sunday. Still, it's a team effort. The O-line did enough in the passing and running game to get the job done.

raphael120
11-27-2006, 10:47 AM
and willis made some nice ass blocks for blitz pickups there, i tell you he was clockin people runnin full steam at JP and wouldve layed him out, willis is lookin better busted up than he has healthy! maybe the fact he has some competition in a-train is lighting the fire under his butt

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 10:51 AM

GO BILLS!!!!!

I thought the offensive line was pretty bad against Indy.

There were two sacks in particular where JP Losman was tackled before he could finish a five step drop, which was ugly.

Terrence Pennington had a real rough outing in that game.

Although, since then, he's been lights out. Especially for a rookie.

His complete & utter domination of Mario Williams was a thing of beauty.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-27-2006, 01:11 PM
I am so glad to see the Bills O Line and the entire offense playing so much better this past month. It boosts my confidence going into the Bolts game. Tell me do you think we could go into some meteoric playoff run like we did in 2004 if we beat the bolts?

Jeff1220
11-27-2006, 01:34 PM
This is the first time in eons that I've said - out loud - during a Bills game - about the Bills:
"Look at all the time he has!"

Demon
11-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Mcnally's a genius!

Amen to that. What he has done with Pennington is remarkable.

Elminster
11-27-2006, 02:00 PM
I too think Gandy should be replaced. It's okay, IMO, to shuffle in one new guy, and we can definitely do better than him at LG. Just no wholesale changes or reshuffling. Just pick out the weakest link(whether that be Gandy, Preston, or whoever, I have my opinion, see?) and replace him with a guy you feel can do a better job, but we're at the point, IMO, where we may have some chemistry on our hands and shouldn't bring in more than one new guy at a time...

Saratoga Slim
11-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Agreed. The whole left side is now our strong side and JP can now feel comfortable that he will not get blindsided as easily. If Pennington continues to improve and our RG holds his own, we will finally have a decent line.

But to call out Gandy for no reason...seems to include personal biases on him. He is doing well as LG - especially for not having been playing at the position for very long. He's another who might even get better there as time passes...

I don't think we should get rid of Gandy. If he improves as LG, great. If not, he's a valuable backup b/c he can play both T and G at a pretty high level.

I think RG should be our obvious offensive priority in FA. Then draft another good guard on Day 1 to challenge Gandy.

RT....I'm giving Pennington till the end of the season to show that he's got further upside. I don't expect him to be fully acclimated by then--he's a rookie--but I'm hoping that we'll have seen enough to have an idea of whether we need to bring in someone else. The nice thing about 7th round picks is you don't have a lot invested in them if they don't pan out. Thus it's easier to give up early on a 7th rounder than a guy you spent big $$ and high draft picks on.