• Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Lets review some SD / Bills stats, then you make the call

TOTAL PASSING YARDS
    PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)217 - 335 - 6 - 7.34 207 - 361 - 11 - 6.82

Ok, SD gives up about as many passing yards as they get.

Here are the current records of the 9 teams they won against:

2-9
    4-7
    4-7
    5-6
    5-6
    3-8
    6-5
    7-4
    2-9

Ready? Tah dumb - 38-61

So the average current record of the teams they beat is ~.380 as of today.

They are playing very current weak teams and winning.

The Bills losses have occured against teams that are 43-23 currently:

8-3
    6-5
    9-2
    2-9
    8-3
    10-1

Combined record of teams we lost to - 43-23 or ~.652.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Lets review some SD / Bills stats, then you make the call

Taking both of those things into consideration, SD has beaten teams half as good that we have lost to. I know they still have to win but who you play really helps determine your record and where you play come playoff time. Remember the road to the SB goes through Buffalo??

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Don't forget they freaking killed us last year though. They are a tough team!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        Don't forget they freaking killed us last year though. They are a tough team!
        They beat a MM /TD coached team at home, new team, new rules.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

RUN STATS Skooby. That's how they're going to beat us. SD's passing stats are skewed because LT runs the ball so well.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

As Op suggested it's going to be about matchups. LT is a great back. He3's going to be awfully tough for the Bills to stop. I won't say they absolutely can't, but Perry Fewell will not have the luxury of waiting until halftime to make adjustments. He's got to figure out how to make it tough on LT from the git go. I'm not sure he can do it with the personnel Buffalo's working with.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              RUN STATS Skooby. That's how they're going to beat us. SD's passing stats are skewed because LT runs the ball so well.
              Who did he run against?? 5 of the games SD won (oak 2 times) were against teams in the bottom 10 of the current rushing yards allowed. So giving cred. for beating up on the worst teams holds little water.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                Who did he run against?? 5 of the games SD won were against teams in the bottom 10 of the current rushing yards allowed. So giving cred. for beating up on the worst teams holds little water.
                we gave up 188 yards to the TEXANS. We're no better at run D than any of those other teams- we're currently 26th in rush D according to NFL.com.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  we gave up 188 yards to the TEXANS. We're no better at run D than any of those other teams.
                  My point is SD has feasted on weaker teams for wins. We know we need to make adjustments to counter the run attack. Another thing is we can focus on rivers and still be waiting for LT to come on down. I'm sure LT will still get yards on us but as we just seen running for 180 yards does not guarantee anything against the bills.

Comment

• Redmoonrisin
                    • Nov 2006

Stats don't mean jack, kid... schedules don't mean jack... or maybe we can add in that you guys were HANDLED by the Lions.

Fact of the matter is, the Chargers are returning several startes from injury and suspension... you're looking at 14 sacks returning to our lineup this coming weekend. Ought to be fun
                    See the sig for the 2006 NFL MVP

Comment

• RBI90
                      • Nov 2006

I'm so tired of the weak schedule argument. The NFL sets the schedule, the Chargers just play who they play. They beat the teams they're supposed to, they lose two tough games on the road by 3 points to the 8-2 Ravens and the 7-4 Chiefs, and they beat some tough teams as well (Bengals, Broncos).

If the Chargers beat the Bills on Sunday then the next opponent will just say it was another weak team they were supposed to beat.

I'd rather have an easy schedule and make it to the playoffs then a hard one and be watching from home.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                        • Sep 2004

Of course if you control LT, then you guys have a great chance at winning that game, that is a HUGE task in it's own.

How many rushing yards did the Jag's have against you guys?

I also think that Merriman is going to be on a mission, so JP better be extremely mobile that day.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Like I said before the Jags game, we will always have a chance to win playing at home. Sure we have to have some luck and everything has to go just right, but the Chargers, like the Jags, could be had.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            Like I said before the Jags game, we will always have a chance to win playing at home. Sure we have to have some luck and everything has to go just right, but the Chargers, like the Jags, could be had.
                            This weekend is supposed to get cold, hopefully that will have some effect on the San Diego boys. Also, we stuck with Peyton and Co at Indy, so I don't see any reason why we can't play with San Diego at home. Concededly, our defense will probably have more difficulty with LT on the ground than it did with Peyton through the air, but nonetheless, our offense is finally starting to give off the impression that it can score points. This will be another one where we just need to hang around and give ourselves the chance to win it at the end. I'm not confident, as SD is good, but I'm not writing it off.....get em bills!
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Skooby does not speak for all bills fans.

Personally I dont look forward to this game at all, whether SD is 9-2 or 2-9 LT is still LT. I wouldnt want to play him with our run-d in any circumstance.

The opponent argument is just dumb. Seriouly wtf cares. I think you're really reaching here.

That being said I think we can keep it close.
                              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X