PDA

View Full Version : Lets review some SD / Bills stats, then you make the call

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 08:08 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>

TOTAL PASSING YARDS
</TD><TD align=middle>2370</TD><TD align=middle>2221</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)</TD><TD align=middle>217 - 335 - 6 - 7.34</TD><TD align=middle> 207 - 361 - 11 - 6.82</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Ok, SD gives up about as many passing yards as they get.

Here are the current records of the 9 teams they won against:

2-9
4-7
4-7
5-6
5-6
3-8
6-5
7-4
2-9

Ready? Tah dumb - 38-61

So the average current record of the teams they beat is ~.380 as of today.

They are playing very current weak teams and winning.

The Bills losses have occured against teams that are 43-23 currently:

8-3
6-5
9-2
2-9
8-3
10-1

Combined record of teams we lost to - 43-23 or ~.652.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Taking both of those things into consideration, SD has beaten teams half as good that we have lost to. I know they still have to win but who you play really helps determine your record and where you play come playoff time. Remember the road to the SB goes through Buffalo??

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Don't forget they freaking killed us last year though. They are a tough team!

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 08:24 AM

They beat a MM /TD coached team at home, new team, new rules.

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 08:25 AM
RUN STATS Skooby. That's how they're going to beat us. SD's passing stats are skewed because LT runs the ball so well.

TigerJ
11-27-2006, 08:30 AM
As Op suggested it's going to be about matchups. LT is a great back. He3's going to be awfully tough for the Bills to stop. I won't say they absolutely can't, but Perry Fewell will not have the luxury of waiting until halftime to make adjustments. He's got to figure out how to make it tough on LT from the git go. I'm not sure he can do it with the personnel Buffalo's working with.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 08:38 AM
RUN STATS Skooby. That's how they're going to beat us. SD's passing stats are skewed because LT runs the ball so well.

Who did he run against?? 5 of the games SD won (oak 2 times) were against teams in the bottom 10 of the current rushing yards allowed. So giving cred. for beating up on the worst teams holds little water.

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Who did he run against?? 5 of the games SD won were against teams in the bottom 10 of the current rushing yards allowed. So giving cred. for beating up on the worst teams holds little water.

we gave up 188 yards to the TEXANS. We're no better at run D than any of those other teams- we're currently 26th in rush D according to NFL.com.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 08:42 AM
we gave up 188 yards to the TEXANS. We're no better at run D than any of those other teams.

My point is SD has feasted on weaker teams for wins. We know we need to make adjustments to counter the run attack. Another thing is we can focus on rivers and still be waiting for LT to come on down. I'm sure LT will still get yards on us but as we just seen running for 180 yards does not guarantee anything against the bills.

Redmoonrisin
11-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Stats don't mean jack, kid... schedules don't mean jack... or maybe we can add in that you guys were HANDLED by the Lions.

Fact of the matter is, the Chargers are returning several startes from injury and suspension... you're looking at 14 sacks returning to our lineup this coming weekend. Ought to be fun :D

RBI90
11-27-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm so tired of the weak schedule argument. The NFL sets the schedule, the Chargers just play who they play. They beat the teams they're supposed to, they lose two tough games on the road by 3 points to the 8-2 Ravens and the 7-4 Chiefs, and they beat some tough teams as well (Bengals, Broncos).

If the Chargers beat the Bills on Sunday then the next opponent will just say it was another weak team they were supposed to beat.

I'd rather have an easy schedule and make it to the playoffs then a hard one and be watching from home.

BleedinGreenNC
11-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Of course if you control LT, then you guys have a great chance at winning that game, that is a HUGE task in it's own.

How many rushing yards did the Jag's have against you guys?

I also think that Merriman is going to be on a mission, so JP better be extremely mobile that day.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Like I said before the Jags game, we will always have a chance to win playing at home. Sure we have to have some luck and everything has to go just right, but the Chargers, like the Jags, could be had.

Saratoga Slim
11-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Like I said before the Jags game, we will always have a chance to win playing at home. Sure we have to have some luck and everything has to go just right, but the Chargers, like the Jags, could be had.

This weekend is supposed to get cold, hopefully that will have some effect on the San Diego boys. Also, we stuck with Peyton and Co at Indy, so I don't see any reason why we can't play with San Diego at home. Concededly, our defense will probably have more difficulty with LT on the ground than it did with Peyton through the air, but nonetheless, our offense is finally starting to give off the impression that it can score points. This will be another one where we just need to hang around and give ourselves the chance to win it at the end. I'm not confident, as SD is good, but I'm not writing it off.....get em bills!

Devin
11-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Skooby does not speak for all bills fans.

Personally I dont look forward to this game at all, whether SD is 9-2 or 2-9 LT is still LT. I wouldnt want to play him with our run-d in any circumstance.

The opponent argument is just dumb. Seriouly wtf cares. I think you're really reaching here.

That being said I think we can keep it close.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Skooby does not speak for all bills fans.

Where did that come from?? SD played a bunch of puppy pi.ss weak teams, it's black and white. Are you saying an easier schedule means nothing during the year? I'd like to play oakland and cleveland twice instead of NE and Indy (who we almost & should of beat twice). Did I say LT cannot run or isn't great? No. But doing well against poor teams doesn't put you in the SB or the win column against better teams.

I personally think the Bills are a middle of the road team now and improving, which is what we expected. We all expected them to do well at the end of this season and here we are. I have no idea why many of you expect failure, I guess it's just a self defense mechanism.

imbondz
11-27-2006, 11:51 AM
i hate stats

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 11:56 AM
we gave up 188 yards to the TEXANS. We're no better at run D than any of those other teams- we're currently 26th in rush D according to NFL.com.
LT has never met Tim Anderson yet. LT's in for a very rude awakening.

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Where did that come from?? SD played a bunch of puppy pi.ss weak teams, it's black and white. Are you saying an easier schedule means nothing during the year? I'd like to play oakland and cleveland twice instead of NE and Indy (who we almost & should of beat twice). Did I say LT cannot run or isn't great? No. But doing well against poor teams doesn't put you in the SB or the win column against better teams.

I personally think the Bills are a middle of the road team now and improving, which is what we expected. We all expected them to do well at the end of this season and here we are. I have no idea why many of you expect failure, I guess it's just a self defense mechanism.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with what's wrong with this post. First, SD doesn't play Cleveland twice.

Second, we may be a middle of the road team but SD BEAT all the middle of the road teams they've played so the weak argument schedule is invalid.

Third, no one is saying the Bills haven't improved, but we improved over last year's 5-11 squad. That doesn't mean we've improved enough to beat a playoff team from last year that's leading their division this year (a division that includes KC and Denver, btw).

Finally, you want to talk about self defense mechanisms? How about you ignoring the Bills run D and SD's run offense in your initial post? That's the reason why most of us think the Bills will lose this game, but you just stick your head in the sand and pretend it isn't there.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Third, no one is saying the Bills haven't improved, but we improved over last year's 5-11 squad. That doesn't mean we've improved enough to beat a playoff team from last year that's leading their division this year (a division that includes KC and Denver, btw).

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with what's wrong with this post:

In what world did SD make the playoffs last year OP?? Your world painted dark and negative?

The Chargers were 8-5, coming off a surprising 23-21 loss to the Miami Dolphins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Dolphins). On December 18, the Chargers beat the undefeated Indianapolis Colts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis_Colts) 26-17, snapping a 13-0 winning streak. However, despite a record of 9-6, they were officially eliminated from AFC playoff contention in 2005 after a 20-7 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs) the following Saturday. The Chargers lost their final game of the season by a score of 23-7 to the AFC West champion Denver Broncos to finish with a record of 9-7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Chargers#2005

SD has a few losses coming up and we are one of them, prepare.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2006, 12:09 PM
LT has never met Tim Anderson yet. LT's in for a very rude awakening.
You're kidding, right?

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 12:10 PM
You're kidding, right?

NOPE

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 12:15 PM

In what world did SD make the playoffs last year OP?? Your world painted dark and negative?

The Chargers were 8-5, coming off a surprising 23-21 loss to the Miami Dolphins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Dolphins). On December 18, the Chargers beat the undefeated Indianapolis Colts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis_Colts) 26-17, snapping a 13-0 winning streak. However, despite a record of 9-6, they were officially eliminated from AFC playoff contention in 2005 after a 20-7 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs) the following Saturday. The Chargers lost their final game of the season by a score of 23-7 to the AFC West champion Denver Broncos to finish with a record of 9-7.

My bad, but SD still has a great running game and we have a terrible running D. And SD handed us our asses last year- you really think we improved enough to compete, especially considering they seemed to have gotten better as well? Please.

Tell me how the Bills, who couldn't stop Samkon Gado or Maurice Jones- Drew, will be able to stop LT. Then maybe I'll share some of your optimism.

RBI90
11-27-2006, 12:24 PM
My guess is that Skooby's argument is that it wasn't really that the Bills gave up 1487 rushing yards through 11 games this season (ranked 26th against the run). It was more the Bills opponents ran that well. Plus, LT isn't that great of a running back nor is SD's offense that good. They just APPEAR to be good when playing against a weak schedule, right?

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 12:34 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">

TOTAL PASSING YARDS
</td><td align="center">2370</td><td align="center">2221</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)</td><td align="center">217 - 335 - 6 - 7.34</td><td align="center"> 207 - 361 - 11 - 6.82</td></tr></tbody></table>

2-9
4-7
4-7
5-6
5-6
3-8
6-5
7-4
2-9

Ready? Tah dumb - 38-61

8-3
6-5
9-2
2-9
8-3
10-1

NEWSFLASH

When you beat teams you give them a worse record

Take 9 losses away from the chargers opponents and the gap isnt that bad

Aside from the point that the Bills are about as good or worse than the following teams that the Chargers have already beaten

Denver, San Fransisco, St Louis, and Cincinatti

and if two victories over the Raiders and wins over Tennesee, Cleveland and Pittsburgh doesn't mean anything explain to me how the 2-9 Lions beat you

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 12:38 PM
NEWSFLASH

Aside from the point that the Bills are about as good or worse than the following teams that the Chargers have already beaten

and if two victories over the Raiders and wins over Tennesee, Cleveland and Pittsburgh doesn't mean anything explain to me how the 2-9 Lions beat you

Skooby's a couple cans short of a six-pack. Every time we win a couple of games, he gets all excited and thinks we're going to the SB. He did the same thing last year when we pulled off an upset against KC.

The truth is the Bills have won 3 of 4 and are showing signs of improvement, but they still don't match up well with the Chargers. If the weather is bad and the Bills O gets off to an early lead we may have a chance, but the most likely outcome is a relatively easy SD victory.

RBI90
11-27-2006, 01:39 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>

TOTAL PASSING YARDS

</TD><TD align=middle>2370</TD><TD align=middle>2221</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)</TD><TD align=middle>217 - 335 - 6 - 7.34</TD><TD align=middle>207 - 361 - 11 - 6.82</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2-9
4-7
4-7
5-6
5-6
3-8
6-5
7-4
2-9

Ready? Tah dumb - 38-61

8-3
6-5
9-2
2-9
8-3
10-1

Let's turn it around...

Here are the current records of the 5 teams the Bills have won against:

5-6
5-6
4-6
3-8
6-5

Ready? Tah dumb - 23-31

So the average current record of the teams they beat is ~.426 as of today.

Only one of the Bills wins is against a team with a winning record.

The Chargers losses have occured against teams that are 16-6 currently:

9-2
7-4

Combined record of teams the Chargers lost to - 16-6 or ~.727.

I see you tried to argue this same lame argument yesterday with about the same results. It's pretty bad when you can't even get other Bills fans to buy into the weak schedule argument.

Reality Check
11-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Wow Skooby. You're quite the Character. With his exception it seems like there are some very good fans here.
Man I'm hoping for a some unseasonably warm weather.

Im a little nervious about JP seemingly getting on track as of late. Our D hasn't exactly been lighting it up.
But we do get Merriman back this week. He could endup being the x factor. Should end up being a good one.

raphael120
11-27-2006, 01:54 PM
the match up isnt bad, but i think we have a chance. if we were playing SD a few weeks ago, i wouldve told you, there's no way in hell we're going to be able to even compete, but things have turned around, our boys are playing competative football again, and i think if we do lose, it'll be respectable. at least i hope it is. we shall see. but we need to fix this run D, i mean we almost lost the game to a 10+ yard scramble by Garrard, i saw 3 of our guys miss tackling him. pretty disgusting. i just hope we can contain LT...and hope our secondary can hold its own, because the secondary is going to suffer with the added run-d support

Generalissimus Gibby
11-27-2006, 01:57 PM
It will be a tough game but I think we extend Marty's futility in Buffalo to 20 years.

HHURRICANE
11-27-2006, 02:01 PM

Ouch, toasted by Skooby!!

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 02:04 PM
NEWSFLASH

We have won 3 of 4 and are surging, unlike those other teams. Similiar records but we are heading the right way, they are falling down.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Skooby's a couple cans short of a six-pack. Every time we win a couple of games, he gets all excited and thinks we're going to the SB. He did the same thing last year when we pulled off an upset against KC.

The truth is the Bills have won 3 of 4 and are showing signs of improvement, but they still don't match up well with the Chargers. If the weather is bad and the Bills O gets off to an early lead we may have a chance, but the most likely outcome is a relatively easy SD victory.

OP, you have to be a few waves short of a shipwreck yourself to think SD made the playoffs last year. Every year you have had a reason to complain for the past 10. You try to drag the home team down and as soon as they start doing better, you find a self defense mechanism to hold yourself together. The press is even saying how much better we look and taking notice, all the sports shows actually talked about us and had full highlights with other's being footnotes.

Take the time to enjoy these moments of redemption, you never know how long they will last.

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 02:18 PM
OP, you have to be a few waves short of a shipwreck yourself to think SD made the playoffs last year. Every year you have had a reason to complain for the past 10. You try to drag the home team down and as soon as they start doing better, you find a self defense mechanism to hold yourself together. The press is even saying how much better we look and taking notice, all the sports shows actually talked about us and had full highlights with other's being footnotes.

Take the time to enjoy these moments of redemption, you never know how long they will last.

First, I don't know where you get off saying what I've done over the last 10 years, considering I've been posting here for about 4 and you've only been posting here for a year.

Second, the way this team has played over the past 10 years, every fan has a legitimate complaint. I don't see what the problem is when fans are upset that their team isn't performing well. In fact, if someone isn't complaining about the way this team has performed, I have to question whether they're a fan at all. What this team has done over the past decade is simply not acceptable.

Third, I have been saying that the team looks much better. No one's saying we haven't improved. But let's not turn this into more than what it is. It is not quite a "moment of redemption" yet. Wins over Houston, GB and Jacksonville don't put us in the same league as the Chargers automatically.

For the first time in a while, I feel like this team may have turned the proverbial corner and I see some hope for the future. But that doesn't mean we're good enough to compete with the NFL's elite, and SD is an elite team right now.

You want to talk about self defense mechanisms? This team gives an inch and you take a mile. The team is looking better- there's no doubt about that. But remember, we were 5-11 last year and we lost to the Lions this year. There's a lot of getting better before we get to "good".

Enjoy the success for what it is, but don't try to make it into something that it's not.

Reality Check
11-27-2006, 02:27 PM
It will be a tough game but I think we extend Marty's futility in Buffalo to 20 years.

:nono:

Ummmm 48-10. Last year. :rockout:

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 02:29 PM
What makes 2 non-playoff teams from the prevous year (SD & BUF) and turns them into elite teams?? Is it by how they finished? SD hasn't clinched or won anything yet. They lost 2 of their last 3 at the end of last year to miss the playoffs from a 8-5 record. Granted they have a better record right now but nothing is assured.

Your gifting them a title of an "elite team" after they beat teams with a .380 combined current record means nothing to me. Beat a NE, Chicago, Indy, now you have something. They lost both games to teams above .570 this year, cincy being a good win for them. I convey nothing to them except they have played well against the teams they have been dealt, most of which suck this year.

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 02:32 PM
What makes 2 non-playoff teams from the prevous year (SD & BUF) and turns them into elite teams?? Is it by how they finished? SD hasn't clinched or won anything yet. They lost 2 of their last 3 at the end of the year to miss the playoffs from 8-5. Granted they have a better record right now but nothing is assured.

Your gifting them a title of an "elite team" after they beat teams with a .380 combined current record means nothing to me. Beat a NE, Chicago, Indy, now you have something. They lost both games to teams above .570 at the time, cincy being a good win. I convey nothing to them except they have played well against the teams they have been dealt, most of which suck this year.

They win all the games they're supposed to win. They beat a couple of good teams. They have the best RB and arguably the best TE (definitely top 3) in the league. They have a 9-2 record.

That's elite IMO.

This isn't college- strength of schedule doesn't play into the equation. At the end of the day, wins are what counts and SD has 9 of them.

Anyway, suppose I were to concede that SD isn't an elite team- you still haven't addressed how the Bills will stop LT. And if we do stop LT, how do we stop Gates?

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Anyway, suppose I were to concede that SD isn't an elite team- you still haven't addressed how the Bills will stop LT. And if we do stop LT, how do we stop Gates?

We play back and let them have a open run look and concede the 3-4 yards he'll take anyways. Use the blitz to confuse and move rivers to uncomfortable ground and force action quicker than he would like. Gates is a great player but I think Clements has his last few chances for the big "payday" and he can hit the mother lode if he picks a few balls off and runs them back. Beating a 9-2 team like SD makes us frontpage material and put all the players names up in value.

Nate has shot, fletcher can tackle, tim ander.. is ready, let's talk about it further after the game.

P.S. Bill Belichick owns the refs & wants the Bills in playoffs vs anyone else to play, trust me.

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 02:40 PM
We play back and let them have a open run look and concede the 3-4 yards he'll take anyways. Use the blitz to confuse and move rivers to uncomfortable ground and force action quicker than he would like. Gates is a great player but I think Clements has his last few chances for the big "payday" and he can hit the mother lode if he picks a few balls off and runs them back. Beating a 9-2 team like SD makes us frontpage material and put all the players names up in value.

Nate has shot, fletcher can tackle, tim ander.. is ready, let's talk about it further after the game.

P.S. BB owns the refs & wants the Bills in playoffs vs anyone else to play, trust me.

if we play back, you're allowing LT to get into the open field and hoping our LB's can tackle him running straight at him. His moves are too good for that.

Clements won't be on Gates- the only way a CB will be on Gates is if we go nickel, which takes an LB off the field and opens it up for LT. And even if we do go nickel, K. Thomas will be on Gates.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 02:41 PM
the funny thing is that if we beat SD (I'd still call is a major upset) , that might make skooby right after all . :snicker:

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 02:45 PM
the funny thing is that if we beat SD (I'd still call is a major upset) , that might make skooby right after all . :snicker:

wouldn't that cause some kind of rift in the space-time continuum leading to the destruction of us all?

Devin
11-27-2006, 02:48 PM
:nono:

Ummmm 48-10. Last year. :rockout:

That game was in SD. Hes talking about when Marty comes to Orchard park.

Either way I just hope for a good game win or lose. If it ends up being another 48-10 affair the past 3 wins were a fluke. If this team has "turned the corner" even in a loss it should be close.

Personally I think LT is good for 125-150 and 2td's. Which for this run defense would be a good game :ill:

raphael120
11-27-2006, 02:50 PM

P.S. Bill Belichick owns the refs & wants the Bills in playoffs vs anyone else to play, trust me.

playcalling so easy even a scooby can do it.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 02:52 PM
I think the bills' coaches will have the same gameplan they did against the Colts. Keep their O off the field, try to keep the game close enough to make an upset at the end of the game. Jp won't be throwing much. A-Train and Willis pounds the ball all game.

Reality Check
11-27-2006, 03:01 PM
What makes 2 non-playoff teams from the prevous year (SD & BUF) and turns them into elite teams?? Is it by how they finished? SD hasn't clinched or won anything yet. They lost 2 of their last 3 at the end of last year to miss the playoffs from a 8-5 record. Granted they have a better record right now but nothing is assured.

Your gifting them a title of an "elite team" after they beat teams with a .380 combined current record means nothing to me. Beat a NE, Chicago, Indy, now you have something. They lost both games to teams above .570 this year, cincy being a good win for them. I convey nothing to them except they have played well against the teams they have been dealt, most of which suck this year.

Skooby...:yap:

When you're the #1 scoring offense in the league I would say that alone is an "elite team". This is the NFL. Records or not teams have enough talent to rise up and beat anyone on any given week. Yeah we lost both games... On the road by a combined 6 points. It wasn't like we weren't in those games. Also if Marty hadn't stuck his head in the sand @ B'more that should have been a win.

Not to mention having LT, Gates, and Rivers. That presents a pretty big challenge for defenses. The #1 scoring offense alone should have your 21st ranked D a little worried. Not to mention the 26th ranked run D facing LT. I would say you have some things to be worried about. Here lets show numbers since you're so interested only in our opponents winning percentages.

SD Rushing O 2nd VS Bills 26th Rushing D HUGE advantage SD
SD Passing O 13th VS Bills 16th Passing O Pretty close we'll say even

SD Rushing D 7th VS Bills 26th Rushing O Huge advantage SD
SD Passing D 14th VS Bills 30th Passing O Huge advantage SD

On paper we win this easily. But that's why we play the games. Anything could happen

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 03:03 PM
I think the bills' coaches will have the same gameplan they did against the Colts. Keep their O off the field, try to keep the game close enough to make an upset at the end of the game. Jp won't be throwing much. A-Train and Willis pounds the ball all game.
the ball control concept is the way to go- the less time LT has with the ball, the more our chances of winning increase.

However, I'd like to see JP throw more against SD for two reasons:
1. We lost the game- while the game plan was generally good, the Bills will need 1-2 plays to put them over the top.
2. I think JP has gained some confidence over the last two games. I don't expect him to shred the Chargers like he did to the Texans, but I do think he has a big play or two in him (and see point #1- we're going to have to take that chance to win)

Redmoonrisin
11-27-2006, 03:06 PM

When you're the #1 scoring offense in the league I would say that alone is an "elite team". This is the NFL. Records or not teams have enough talent to rise up and beat anyone on any given week. Yeah we lost both games... On the road by a combined 6 points. It wasn't like we weren't in those games. Also if Marty hadn't stuck his head in the sand @ B'more that should have been a win.

Not to mention having LT, Gate, and Rivers. That presents a pretty big challenge for defenses. The #1 scoring offense alone should have your 21st ranked D a little worried. Not to mention the 26th ranked run D facing LT. I would say you have some things to be worried about. Here lets show numbers since you're so interested only in our opponents winning percentages.

On paper we win this easily. But that's why we play the games. Anything could happen

PREACH!

mysticsoto
11-27-2006, 03:06 PM
wouldn't that cause some kind of rift in the space-time continuum leading to the destruction of us all?

Not if the 12th man generates an inverse takion wave response. :D

Sorry...been watching too much Star Trek: TNG lately...

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 03:07 PM

Not to mention having LT, Gate, and Rivers. That presents a pretty big challenge for defenses. The #1 scoring offense alone should have your 21st ranked D a little worried. Not to mention the 26th ranked run D facing LT. I would say you have some things to be worried about. Here lets show numbers since you're so interested only in our opponents winning percentages.

How about Special teams?? For field position in cold weather, I'll take our pro-bowler Moorman over anyone in the league. Huge Advantage Buffalo.

I appreciate the Bills fans help on here as well, It feels like I am fighting against SD fans, SD, and Bills Fans. Is there something ****** wrong there?

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 03:07 PM

A logical, well-reasoned post. It almost feels like cheating to do that when debating Skooby.

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 03:10 PM
How about Special teams?? For field position in cold weather, I'll take our pro-bowler Moorman over anyone in the league. Huge Advantage Buffalo.

I appreciate the Bills fans help on here as well, It feels like I am fighting against SD fans, SD, and Bills Fans. Is there something ****** wrong there?

the only thing wrong is that you're the only Bills fan who doesn't see the truth- even though the team is playing better, this is still going to be a very tough game. You can't start a thread with a half-assed, incomplete argument then expect people to jump in and help you out.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 03:11 PM
the ball control concept is the way to go- the less time LT has with the ball, the more our chances of winning increase.

However, I'd like to see JP throw more against SD for two reasons:
1. We lost the game- while the game plan was generally good, the Bills will need 1-2 plays to put them over the top.
2. I think JP has gained some confidence over the last two games. I don't expect him to shred the Chargers like he did to the Texans, but I do think he has a big play or two in him (and see point #1- we're going to have to take that chance to win)

I think JP passes if the run opens up the pass or we're way behind on the scoreboard. Jp will have his shots down field but I don't think the coaches will depend on hin to win the game.

This is subject to change depending on whether SD db's decide not to show up like the texans.

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Let's hope for some cold weather too. As a mental advantage, it could be great.

Ans while Reality Check made a nice comparison summery, he forgot Special Teams. In a cold and windy Ralph Wilson Satudium, that advantage could make a difference.

In theory, the Bills should lose. But they should have lost to the Bengals last year and the Jags last week. They are a young team on a roll with their confidence rising rapidly.

If the Chargers relax too much, they will be shocked.

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 03:12 PM

:nerd:

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2006, 03:12 PM

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM

Apparently great minds think alike.

You beat me by about 30 seconds.

Anyhow, that is two votes that Mystic is a nerd. Do I hear a third?

Reality Check
11-27-2006, 03:14 PM
A logical, well-reasoned post. It almost feels like cheating to do that when debating Skooby.

LMAO!:lolabove:

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 03:15 PM
BTW, this is why it was very important that Price and Parrish made those catches. Prior to that teams would say, " watch Evans he's the only wr JP trusts" . NOT ANYMORE .

Now Jp should be confident enough to go to either Parrish and Price. Don't forget Reed is still waiting on the sidelines too. Once he heals, JP is gonna have a lot of balls to go around to wrs he now trusts + Cieslak:up:

Reality Check
11-27-2006, 03:24 PM

LOL!:funny:

Ok man. You take Moorman. I'll take Osgood. You take special teams. I'll take our Rushing O and Rushing D. :woot:

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 03:27 PM
LOL!:funny:

Ok man. You take Moorman. I'll take Osgood. You take special teams. I'll take our Rushing O and Rushing D. :woot:

Stat padding against sheet teams means little to me R.check. Give me a real opponent you beat that is above a .570 winning % currently.

mysticsoto
11-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Apparently great minds think alike.

You beat me by about 30 seconds.

Anyhow, that is two votes that Mystic is a nerd. Do I hear a third?

I like to think of myself as a modern man of exponential mental capacity.

But right now I wish I was a Home Improvement nerd. Started something this past weekend that has ballooned into much more than I thought it would be and is requiring me to improvise quite a bit... :(

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 03:34 PM

But right now I wish I was a Home Improvement nerd. Started something this past weekend that has ballooned into much more than I thought it would be and is requiring me to improvise quite a bit... :(

that happens with every home improvement project. I'm nervous to even touch anything in my house because of that- every thing I attempt to do ends up taking 4 times as long and costing twice as much as I think it's going to.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 03:56 PM
that happens with every home improvement project. I'm nervous to even touch anything in my house because of that- every thing I attempt to do ends up taking 4 times as long and costing twice as much as I think it's going to.

My wife starts to paint and then doesn't like it and messes it up and cries and paints again. I have learned ask for referals from your neighbors, check out the work, beat the vendors up on price and give them the materials and cash. It ends up saving you in the long run and gets the job done by a professional.

Reality Check
11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Stat padding against sheet teams means little to me R.check. Give me a real opponent you beat that is above a .570 winning % currently.

OMG!

Ok you're right. San Diego sucks. We just pad our stats by beating crappy teams. Reality is LT sucks he can't run. Rivers sucks. Gates sucks. Our D sucks. Hmmm We should probably just conceed the game to superior Bills. It'll save them a cross country flight. :tired:

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 04:01 PM
OMG!

Ok you're right. San Diego sucks. We just pad our stats by beating crappy teams. Reality is LT sucks he can't run. Rivers sucks. Gates sucks. Our D sucks. Hmmm We should probably just conceed the game to superior Bills. It'll save them a cross country flight. :tired:

I never said that, I said you guys beat a bunch of losers which basically means that until you beat a team with a real chance at a successful season, you are nothing. All the teams you have beat will not make the playoffs and most of them will draft in the top 8.

You aren't beating us this week, we are going to kick your ***es.

dplus47
11-27-2006, 05:22 PM
I never said that, I said you guys beat a bunch of losers which basically means that until you beat a team with a real chance at a successful season, you are nothing. All the teams you have beat will not make the playoffs and most of them will draft in the top 8.

are you suggesting that the chargers need to get a new athletic director because they schedule weak teams every year?

san diego can run the ball on just about anyone, and they can stop the run against just about anyone. any other stat is irrelevant. the bills have had problems stopping the run, and the chargers have LT and michael turner. plus, marty won't be so quick to give up on the run.

i'm not saying the bills can't win, because they can, but there's nothing weak about san diego. i'm not totally sold on their secondary, but they've been playing o.k. this year.

Redmoonrisin
11-27-2006, 06:33 PM

Skoob.. buddy... we hear this stuff from opposing fans each and every week. And each and every week, wanna know what happens? Guys like RC and me come back on sunday evenings to tell ya'll "Good game, you guys are better than we gave you credit for... good luck in the draft and see ya next year"

It's ok to be a homer, I like that kinda stuff... but, to be a blind homer is something altogether different. I dont think you'll see a lot of knowledgable Charger fans coming here talking about a 49-0 asswhoopin... that's just moronic. You're certainyl entitled to you opinion, but, at least go about forming it in an intelligent way. Coming at us repeatedly with "Your schedule is soft!" is weeeeeeeeeeak sauce, brother...and I'm sure you're thoroughly convinced your Bills are going to walk right on by us. But, the reality of it is, the Chargers are going to do their thing... probably start out slowly, as has been their MO the last month or so, go into the half in a close game.. make the necessary adjustments and come out and hang another "L" on you guys.

All the while, I'll envision you gnashing your teeth, telling your wife to "STFU, Losman just got sacked again!"... kicking your cat/dog... and generally just being frustrated

I certainly hope for a good game from both teams and I hope that injuries or weather don't play a factor into the outcome, but, should they, I'll guarantee you, you'll see Chargerfans back in here giving props afterwards :)

Cntrygal
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM

My immediate thought to that question was.....

"No."

:biggrin:

bolthead123
11-27-2006, 10:49 PM

Um, good luck there.

Well it is the NFL, on any given Sunday any team has a chance against our team blah, blah, blah. :dance:

Seriously, we have been playing at 60% the last four games, we still have been winning and it looks like we will have all our players back this Sunday.

Don't worry, it will get settled on the field and your team might play us a lot tougher than they did last year.

mysticsoto
11-28-2006, 08:09 AM
My wife starts to paint and then doesn't like it and messes it up and cries and paints again. I have learned ask for referals from your neighbors, check out the work, beat the vendors up on price and give them the materials and cash. It ends up saving you in the long run and gets the job done by a professional.

My wife is actually great at painting. She painted the kitchen a nice sort of yellow and then placed a glaze over it that looks somewhat orangeish...And then put some borders at the top of fruit...the whole kitchen looks very Italian in colors and style. Note: We are not Italian - she just liked the look.

What I'm doing is replacing the counter, sink, and faucet in the main bathroom. The people that lived here before me didn't update anything and did stupid things like paint the cabinets instead of varnishing the wood, etc. They tended to do the quickest and cheapest thing instead of the right thing. For example, in replacing the sink and faucet, I had to shut the water in the whole house b'cse this sink doesn't have shut off valves. I considered putting them in, but I had enough to do worrying about the countertop and tiles I was going to do, to add something else to the list...

RBI90
11-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Skooby,

You constantly harp on the fact that the Chargers have a relatively easy schedule and that the Bills have had to play teams like the Patriots and the Bears. I hear you on that.

But I have yet to hear your excuse to why the Bills lost to the Lions.

Bottom line is no one either Chargers or Bills fans are going to convince you that most fans and NFL experts think the Chargers are one of the elite teams in the league.

If the Bills win on Sunday, I will be back here on Monday to tell everyone you were right. If not, will you admit that the Chargers are a good team, or will you just add the Bills to the list of other sub par teams they have beaten?

justasportsfan
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM

What I'm doing is replacing the counter, sink, and faucet in the main bathroom. The people that lived here before me didn't update anything and did stupid things like paint the cabinets instead of varnishing the wood, etc. They tended to do the quickest and cheapest thing instead of the right thing. For example, in replacing the sink and faucet, I had to shut the water in the whole house b'cse this sink doesn't have shut off valves. I considered putting them in, but I had enough to do worrying about the countertop and tiles I was going to do, to add something else to the list...

Tell em the truth.
Having probelms putting the The Enterprise model and the puzzles together.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Skooby,

You constantly harp on the fact that the Chargers have a relatively easy schedule and that the Bills have had to play teams like the Patriots and the Bears. I hear you on that.

Bottom line is no one either Chargers or Bills fans are going to convince you that most fans and NFL experts think the Chargers are one of the elite teams in the league.

If the Bills win on Sunday, I will be back here on Monday to tell everyone you were right. If not, will you admit that the Chargers are a good team, or will you just add the Bills to the list of other sub par teams they have beaten?

Pretty Good argument. Are you a San Diego troll or a new Billszone poster?!

ublinkwescore
11-28-2006, 03:30 PM
I just hope it's snowing hard - if it is, we'll have an advantage already.

patmoran2006
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
he failed to mention that LT might run for over 1,000 yards by halftime against our run defense.

I'm not knocking Buffalo, they are really growing up.. But this Chargers team is for real and stats mean NOTHING when comparing these teams.

Mitchy moo
11-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Skooby,

The Bills had a bad day against the lions and our Defense played like crap.

I will watch the game and if the chargers play well I will acknowledge it on monday or even on sunday. We have played all the super bowl contending teams and even though we lost all 4 of those games, we really should of won 2 of them. We played better then them and had more than enough chances to put them away. I think it will be another close game but weather, sound and Willis will help us win.

BTW: Your posts was excellent and I think your a class act.

OpIv37
11-28-2006, 04:05 PM
The Bills had a bad day against the lions and our Defense played like crap.

I will watch the game and if the chargers play well I will acknowledge it on monday or even on sunday. We have played all the super bowl contending teams and even though we lost all 4 of those games, we really should of won 2 of them. We played better then them and had more than enough chances to put them away. I think it will be another close game but weather, sound and Willis will help us win.

BTW: Your posts was excellent and I think your a class act.

our D played like crap in the last two wins too- we gave up 188 yards and 207 yards to Houston and Jax, respectively. I could care less about stats as long as we get the win, but it doesn't bode well for going up against SD.

Fact: Our run D sucks- we're 26th in the league.
Fact: The Chargers have the best running back in the NFL.

That's a bad match-up for us.

Statman
11-28-2006, 06:12 PM

TOTAL PASSING YARDS
</TD><TD align=middle>2370</TD><TD align=middle>2221</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)</TD><TD align=middle>217 - 335 - 6 - 7.34</TD><TD align=middle> 207 - 361 - 11 - 6.82</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2-9
4-7
4-7
5-6
5-6
3-8
6-5
7-4
2-9

Ready? Tah dumb - 38-61

8-3
6-5
9-2
2-9
8-3
10-1

Their average margin of victory: 16 points

Mitchy moo
11-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Their average margin of victory: 16 points

:ill:

RBI90
11-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Pretty Good argument. Are you a San Diego troll or a new Billszone poster?!

I've never hidden the fact that I'm a San Diego fan, but I resent being called a troll. I always visit the upcoming opponents forum because I enjoy seeing the game from another perspective. I enjoy talking football. What I don't do is go to another board just to stir up trouble.

I have no problem if another fan says their team will beat the Chargers as long as they can make some semblance of an argument. Just saying the Chargers suck and their team is the best holds no water with me.

I always hope for a good game with no injuries. When the Chargers lose I always come back to congratulate the other team and wish them luck. When we win I still come back, but never to gloat.

I have been a Charger fan for over 30 years. I've seen more down years than I care to remember, so forgive me if I'm enjoying the success we've had for the last 3 seasons. :respect:

Mitchy moo
11-28-2006, 08:14 PM
I've never hidden the fact that I'm a San Diego fan, but I resent being called a troll. I always visit the upcoming opponents forum because I enjoy seeing the game from another perspective. I enjoy talking football. What I don't do is go to another board just to stir up trouble.

I have no problem if another fan says their team will beat the Chargers as long as they can make some semblance of an argument. Just saying the Chargers suck and their team is the best holds no water with me.

I always hope for a good game with no injuries. When the Chargers lose I always come back to congratulate the other team and wish them luck. When we win I still come back, but never to gloat.

I have been a Charger fan for over 30 years. I've seen more down years than I care to remember, so forgive me if I'm enjoying the success we've had for the last 3 seasons. :respect:

Nice post, I look forward a great game and your congratulations.

Cntrygal
11-28-2006, 08:47 PM

Welcome! Most of us enjoy opposing fans that come to actually talk about the matchups. :up:

HHURRICANE
11-29-2006, 08:43 AM

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I just saw that you looked new and was going to say welcome if you were someone who was going to be posting here often.

PS. You took out the part where I said "good argument" which is how I started the post. Try to be fair before you call me out!!

RBI90
11-29-2006, 08:50 AM
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I just saw that you looked new and was going to say welcome if you were someone who was going to be posting here often.

PS. You took out the part where I said "good argument" which is how I started the post. Try to be fair before you call me out!!

I understand, but the labeling of troll was unecessary. You could have easily just said...

"Pretty Good argument. Are you a San Diego fan or a new Billszone poster?!"

And that would have been the end of it.

Mitchy moo
11-29-2006, 10:51 AM
I understand, but the labeling of troll was unecessary. You could have easily just said...

"Pretty Good argument. Are you a San Diego fan or a new Billszone poster?!"

And that would have been the end of it.

If your a SD fan on here, your against us this week / weekend.

Mitchy moo
12-01-2006, 01:46 PM
The 3 easiest schedules in the AFC belong to:

21. Baltimore, 9-2 record
19. Kansas city, 7-4 record
18. San Diego, 9-2 record

It's mildly ironic that I brought up this argument about ease of schedule and record and got clocked by everybody. I guess it shows up in the standing though. 25 wins and 8 losses, wow.

OpIv37
12-01-2006, 01:50 PM
The 3 easiest schedules in the AFC belong to:

21. Baltimore, 9-2 record
19. Kansas city, 7-4 record
18. San Diego, 9-2 record

It's mildly ironic that I brought up this argument about ease of schedule and record and got clocked by everybody. I guess it shows up in the standing though. 25 wins and 8 losses, wow.

Yet another inconsistency- you have the "any given Sunday" mentality and think any team can win on any week, yet you still think good teams only win because of weak schedules.

This isn't college football- final record counts, not strength of schedule.

Mitchy moo
12-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Yet another inconsistency- you have the "any given Sunday" mentality and think any team can win on any week, yet you still think good teams only win because of weak schedules.

This isn't college football- final record counts, not strength of schedule.

You do not see a pattern here? The top 3 easiest teams have a .680 winning percentage or ~12-4 record. That would normally get you a home game or two in the playoffs. Can you say large advantage?

RBI90
12-01-2006, 02:00 PM
When good teams win, that makes the records of the losing teams worse which just skews the percentages. The top teams can't keep playing each other.

Conversely, as weaker teams win, the records of their opponents go up which makes the Bills schedule appear tougher.

Mitchy moo
12-01-2006, 02:13 PM
When good teams win, that makes the records of the losing teams worse which just skews the percentages. The top teams can't keep playing each other.

Conversely, as weaker teams win, the records of their opponents go up which makes the Bills schedule appear tougher.

It's one game versus the 11 played, so your talking about ~9% of someone's record.

BigBoltIke
12-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Here are the records of the teams the Chargers have beaten.
2-9
4-7
4-7
5-6
5-6
3-8
7-5
7-4
2-9
for...
39-61

Now, if we subtract the 9 Charger wins from 61, the record changes to 39-52. We then add nine wins to the total win column, had they been able to beat us, and the record climbs to 48-52. MY GOD!!!! A two game swing! Oh no, your entire thesis is destroyed, because the Chargers winning ways skews the w/l record of their opponents!

Reality Check
12-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Here are the records of the teams the Chargers have beaten.
2-9
4-7
4-7
5-6
5-6
3-8
7-5
7-4
2-9
for...
39-61

Now, if we subtract the 9 Charger wins from 61, the record changes to 39-52. We then add nine wins to the total win column, had they been able to beat us, and the record climbs to 48-52. MY GOD!!!! A two game swing! Oh no, your entire thesis is destroyed, because the Chargers winning ways skews the w/l record of their opponents!

STOP!!!!!!!!! You're gonna make skooby blow a gasket! You know we're 9-2 only because it's against terrible teams. I mean the Chargers are mediocre at best. Forget the 32 points a game average. That's just because they've played bad teams. They don't really score that much against defensive powerhouses like the Bills. HUH skoob?:p:

BigBoltIke
12-01-2006, 07:38 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!! You're gonna make skooby blow a gasket! You know we're 9-2 only because it's against terrible teams. I mean the Chargers are mediocre at best. Forget the 32 points a game average. That's just because they've played bad teams. They don't really score that much against defensive powerhouses like the Bills. HUH skoob?:p:

I'm sorry, I would hate to blow the mind of such an integral member of this board as skoob...

Mitchy moo
12-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Doing math with you SD "guys" is a mild waste of time unless I say 2 males + 2 males = a fun Foursome. You'll get that and then some but anything past it I see is beyond you.

!Papacrunk!
12-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Doing math with you SD "guys" is a mild waste of time unless I say 2 males + 2 males = a fun Foursome. You'll get that and then some but anything past it I see is beyond you.

woah.

Skooby, you really need to re-type that slam.

Anyway, I remember last year how great it was when the Dolphins beat the Chargers and we held LT at 75 yards or less. Good luck to you guys. (also can you guys make sure that Willis gets 2 tds again, maybe more?)

BigBoltIke
12-02-2006, 09:19 AM

I think you can't recognize the errors in your analysis. If the Chargers had lost all the games they won, the records of their opponents would have 9 combined additional wins and 9 combined fewer losses.

You can't make this stuff up skoob.

evol4276
12-02-2006, 08:15 PM
hey redmoon did u ever notice that you have san diego spelled wrong in ur OWN sig picture?? sorry that made me chuckle.

we cant stop the run. they can run. unless some act of god occurs, we're kinda screwed, and Im sorry to say it

Bling
12-02-2006, 10:02 PM
I plan on bumping the **** out of this thread if you lose. LOL @ troll Skooby! You're doing well!