PDA

View Full Version : Maybe our coaches know what they're doing.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Watching Vick run for over 100 yards but struggling in the pocket = no sb. I doubt that rb who can throw will ever be in the sb.

We know JP can scramble like Elway or a Steve Young, but in order for him to succeed like those 2, he has to be able to throw like those 2 from the pocket.

I was starting to second guess whether Fairchild was doing the right thing in developing JP. Seems like JP is getting better in between his ears. There's no doubt he has the physical tools it's his head I was worried about. I always thought that they should let JP air it out to try and win games. However, if we did that, we're never gonna develop our running game. We'd be a Gilbride offense once again.

The times JP struggled the most was when he didn't spread the ball. I think he gained confidence in Price after the texans game, and this time he knows he can go to Parrish as well. Evans-Price-Parrish-Reed and Cieslak. Other than Evans, none of them seem dangerous, but once JP is given time to spread the love, teams may have to pick their poison. We just need another wr to be a deep threat. I think in time JP will start making deep connections with Price/Parrish. It takes time but so far, so good.

BTw, that Eli INT at the end of the game on the run , JP can make that throw + 20 yards. (where did I read that before? ) Oh yeah I said that same thing last week. :dance:

BillsNick
11-27-2006, 08:44 AM
In the post game interview last night, JP said that He and Fairchild are on the same page now, (as of the Houston game), and he knows what is expected of him and he is understanding the offense much better now, as far as personel strengths and such.

Lee-83
11-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Jp is Raw!

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Watching Vick run for over 100 yards but struggling in the pocket = no sb. I doubt that rb who can throw will ever be in the sb.

We know JP can scramble like Elway or a Steve Young, but in order for him to succeed like those 2, he has to be able to throw like those 2 from the pocket.

I was starting to second guess whether Fairchild was doing the right thing in developing JP. Seems like JP is getting better in between his ears. There's no doubt he has the physical tools it's his head is was worried about. I always thought that they should let JP air it out to try and win games. However, if we did that, we're never gonna develop our running game. We'd be a Gilbride offense once again.

The times JP struggled the most was when he didn't spread the ball. I think he gained confidence in Price after the texans game, and this time he knows he can go to Parrish as well. Evans-Price-Parrish-Reed and Cieslak. Other than Evans, none of them seem dangerous, but once JP is given time to spread the love, teams may have to pick their poison. We just need another wr to be a deep threat. I think in time JP will start making deep connections with Price/Parrish. It takes time but so far, so good.

BTw, that Eli INT at the end of the game on the run , JP can make that throw + 20 yards. (where did I read that before? ) Oh yeah I said that same thing last week. :dance:

Great post Justa!!!!!! :respect: :bandwagon

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 08:47 AM
In the post game interview last night, JP said that He and Fairchild are on the same page now, (as of the Houston game), and he knows what is expected of him and he is understanding the offense much better now, as far as personel strengths and such.

Our wrs have me wondering if we even need to draft one next year or grab one from the FA. There's still Wilson who was one of the best wrs we had at camp.

Mr. Cynical
11-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Last week we played the 27th ranked defense.

This week the Jags were missing alot of key players on D and JP put up 169 yds and an INT:

"It didn't help that the Jaguars were minus starting strong safety Donovin Darius (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4287), who broke his leg last week, and starting cornerback Brian Williams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3254) (hamstring). With backup cornerback Terry Cousin (groin) also out, rookie Dee Webb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7985) was forced to make his first career start."

Still not convinced anything's changed yet.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Last week we played the 27th ranked defense.

This week the Jags were missing alot of key players on D and JP put up 169 yds and an INT:

"It didn't help that the Jaguars were minus starting strong safety Donovin Darius (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4287), who broke his leg last week, and starting cornerback Brian Williams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3254) (hamstring). With backup cornerback Terry Cousin (groin) also out, rookie Dee Webb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7985) was forced to make his first career start."

Still not convinced anything's changed yet.
WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK?

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 09:46 AM

:10:

Mr. Cynical
11-27-2006, 09:48 AM

Try decaf next time.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 09:51 AM
ShAgNSuRf 702

HI Erin. How've ya been?

Kerr
11-27-2006, 10:36 AM

I was starting to second guess whether Fairchild was doing the right thing in developing JP. Seems like JP is getting better in between his ears. There's no doubt he has the physical tools it's his head I was worried about. I always thought that they should let JP air it out to try and win games. However, if we did that, we're never gonna develop our running game. We'd be a Gilbride offense once again.

I think jp prefers to move around and make plays on his feet like he did to yesterday on the pass to parrish. Up until the texans game I was having a hard time believing he could get settled in the pocket, but lo and behold, he has improved. Still, the offense will be better off when he gets to move around a lot more by design.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm still wondering whatever the hell happened to Kevin Everett. He had so much promise.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Still, the offense will be better off when he gets to move around a lot more by design.
I think so too but if he isn't able to make a play from the pocket on a consitent basis when we need a pass play from the pocket , we may end up worst than the falcons since Jp isn't as good as Vick running the ball. Teams have had success keeping Vick in the pocket. If JP get's consitent at it, teams won't know whether to keep him in there or make him throw on the run. As early as now, JP seems to be one of the better qb's that makes plays throwing the ball on the move and yet he doesn't have that much experience. IF he becomes a weapon in the pocket, he's gonna be one hell of a qb.

raphael120
11-27-2006, 10:44 AM
the thing i know is that we beat them, teams have injuries, its part of the game, the fact of the matter is the jags are a supposive playoff team, and we ruled them.. albeit our run D scares the **** out of me and is the main reason we are not BLOWING opponents out of the water...

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 10:52 AM

that injured D had Eli running like a headless chicken with a Tiki and Shockey. Jp may not have been impressive but he sure was better than the 1st qb taken in his draft class.

Kerr
11-27-2006, 10:59 AM
I think so too but if he isn't able to make a play from the pocket on a consitent basis when we need a pass play from the pocket , we may end up worst than the falcons since Jp isn't as good as Vick running the ball. Teams have had success keeping Vick in the pocket. If JP get's consitent at it, teams won't know whether to keep him in there or make him throw on the run. As early as now, JP seems to be one of the better qb's that makes plays throwing the ball on the move and yet he doesn't have that much experience. IF he becomes a weapon in the pocket, he's gonna be one hell of a qb.

Jp had prior experience at tulane making passes from the pocket, it wasn't something that was emphasized. That's why the transition was that much tougher for him in the nfl. Jp is one of the most accurate qb's throwing on the run that i've ever seen. He just knows exactly where to put it. In the case of Vick, I think forcing him to be a pocket qb has been the teams downfall on offense. Allowing him to play his game had gotten the team as far as the playoffs before. I am glad jp is getting the hang of the whole pocket thing in the nfl. I just hope they get to roll him out more and allow him to make more plays on his feet soon.

Mr. Cynical
11-27-2006, 11:01 AM
that injured D had Eli running like a headless chicken with a Tiki and Shockey. Jp may not have been impressive but he sure was better than the 1st qb taken in his draft class.

In the end, and I have no crystal ball or psychic abilities, IMHO Eli will have a long career as a pro bowl QB and JP "probably" won't (to this point from what I've seen). I just think Eli has better footbal awareness and while he has made some dumb mistakes, he looks more like a pro QB overall to *me*. Not stating this as fact.

Mr. Cynical
11-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Jp had prior experience at tulane making passes from the pocket, it wasn't something that was emphasized. That's why the transition was that much tougher for him in the nfl. Jp is one of the most accurate qb's throwing on the run that i've ever seen. He just knows exactly where to put it. In the case of Vick, I think forcing him to be a pocket qb has been the teams downfall on offense. Allowing him to play his game had gotten the team as far as the playoffs before. I am glad jp is getting the hang of the whole pocket thing in the nfl. I just hope they get to roll him out more and allow him to make more plays on his feet soon.

I agree with this 100%. He is a scrambling QB and to force him to be a pocket passer will be his undoing IMO.

mysticsoto
11-27-2006, 11:07 AM
In the end, and I have no crystal ball or psychic abilities, IMHO Eli will have a long career as a pro bowl QB and JP "probably" won't (to this point from what I've seen). I just think Eli has better footbal awareness and while he has made some dumb mistakes, he looks more like a pro QB overall to *me*. Not stating this as fact.

I don't know...alot of Giant fans are starting to get pissed at Eli. I'd say a good portion of their losses this year have been b'cse of him!!! Eli atleast has a good defense to fall back against. Our D has been spotty and the run support has been abysmal - and yet, JP is making plays to keep us in the game and not lose it like Eli is!!!

Kerr
11-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Eli's int that got intercepted by pacman was totally his fault. He should have thrown it away with the game tied. I saw that all the problems with eli and his the giants offense came to pass as soon as amani toomer tore his acl.

Mr. Cynical
I don't know...alot of Giant fans are starting to get pissed at Eli. I'd say a good portion of their losses this year have been b'cse of him!!! Eli atleast has a good defense to fall back against. Our D has been spotty and the run support has been abysmal - and yet, JP is making plays to keep us in the game and not lose it like Eli is!!!

Gints fans get pissed if the wind blows East instead of West.

Dr. Lecter
I'm still wondering whatever the hell happened to Kevin Everett. He had so much promise.

He tore his knee pretty bad last year. I am not giving up on him.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 11:41 AM
I just think Eli has better footbal awareness and while he has made some dumb mistakes, he looks more like a pro QB overall to *me*. Not stating this as fact.that remains to be seen. Eli had a better headstart due to Mularkey and co. Eli also came from a better college football program than JP but that could work towards JP favor since he's had to improvise a lot in college with a lousy OL but Eli should have an advantage in the pocket.

Right now, inspite of Eli's better headstart , Jp seems to be handling himself better will lesser weapons and lesser experience in the NFL.

I like JP's physical abilities over Eli's. With regards to football smarts, only time will tell.

BillsFever21
11-27-2006, 04:02 PM
That beat up Jags defense was still tearing other QB's a new azzhole the previous few weeks or so. And they still have the dominant DT's to make the QB's life a living hell.

JP played a good game. Completing 75% of his passes for a decent average against this defense is pretty decent. Not many teams have lit up their defense this year for a reason. He played smart and kept the ball moving with his accuracy. Go back and look at the games other QB's had against the Jags and then decide for yourself it if was a bad game.

The haters just keep looking for any excuse not to own up and give JP any credit. Injuries are part of the game and almost every team you face on a weekly basis will be without some starters.

DynaPaul
11-27-2006, 04:21 PM

Eli stinks. The guy seems like he plays only to keep up the Manning legacy, he'll never touch the greatness of Peyton. Plus he has the personality of a piece of wood which is not good when your leader has to keep Barber's, Shockey's, and Burress' egos in check. The Giants were stupid to go for him over Rivers, Cutler, and Roethlisberger but I don't care. I hate the Giants and glad to see them falling apart. I said that today to a guy at work that JP coulda made that throw on the run. Funny how the pre-draft analysis said that JP's ability to throw on the run was a WEAKNESS.