PDA

View Full Version : Who here still hates JP?

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Can we just stick with the kid? Even if he has a bad game coming up?

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 08:53 AM
I doubt anyone hates him anymore. TDummy and SAb just don't want to admit they were wrong. :snicker:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-27-2006, 08:53 AM
I was waivering there for a while, but since the bye, I'm back on board. I'm a jp fan, even if he has a few stinkers left in him. :)

M
11-27-2006, 08:54 AM
He may have a bad game coming up but I'm a little more worried about our run D stopping (or not stopping) LT.

For the record, I'm a JP supporter!

Tatonka
11-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Tacklingdummy, saberz, cynical, op, and patrick.

he would have to win a superbowl before they were ok with him starting next year.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2006, 08:59 AM
I've from Day One been a JP fan. I even wear his jersey almost every weekend.

:lolpoint:JP Hating bandwagon jumpers

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I've from Day One been a JP fan. I even wear his jersey almost every weekend.

:lolpoint:JP Hating bandwagon jumpers
:hi5: So do I man!

HHURRICANE
11-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Tacklingdummy, saberz, cynical, op, and patrick.

he would have to win a superbowl before they were ok with him starting next year.

In fairness OP and Cynical have been very fair. Patrick, knows he may have made a msitake.

TD and Saburzfan will be *****ing even if Losman wins us a SB title. Tackling Dummy: "Even though Flutie is 45 we should still sign him, the kid can play"!!!

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 09:04 AM
I never doubted JP's talent from day one. It was his ability to learn and apply what he learned that I was worried about. He's not close to what he could potentially be in the future but so far, he's shown that he can apply what he's learned in baby steps and thats all I can ask for now.

Ben and Eli have had more time and experience playing with the same coaches and supporting cast than JP and yet they are both struggling. If only we can get him a Rivers type of OL and running game, I think we'll be all set to start talking pl...play....playoffs.

BlackMetalNinja
11-27-2006, 09:12 AM
I've never been overly in favor of either position... He hasn't done enough to either warrant me hating him or loving him. I've said all along however that he deserves the opportunity to prove himself and I'm glad he's getting it. He certainly shows signs of improvement which I love. I'm yet to be convinced that he's a franchise QB though... I'm also yet to be convinced that he can't be one eventually.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2006, 09:14 AM
WHAT'S UP MY N-WORD!! :hi5:

Luisito23
11-27-2006, 09:18 AM

Yes sir :usa:.....He's grown up alot these past 2 weeks, and most importantly he's showing that he's mad clutch....Every single QB has a bad game, it's how you recover that matters the most.....Just ask Eli...:rofl:...

GO BILLS!!!!!

LtBillsFan66
11-27-2006, 09:20 AM
I doubted him and I'm man enough to admit it. If he continues the way he's played, shame on me for doubting. But that shame will be overshadowed by glee since the Bills would be winning. :biggrin:

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2006, 09:22 AM
I have much more respect for people like Pat and BF1: Doubters who admit that this kid is/might be coming around than I do for those who will not man-up and admit they may have been impatient and incorrect.

mybills
11-27-2006, 09:30 AM
I believe Devin was on that list.
Man up, Devin. :snicker:

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 09:44 AM
I believe Devin was on that list.
Man up, Devin. :snicker:
Devin critcized JP as did OP ,Patrick, Bf1 and righfully so. What JP didn't deserve was hate from the guys like TDUmmy, Saburz, Moran and everyones favorite self proclaimed resident expert who disappeared into oblivion, Glfuneed ( easier spelled TROLL)

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Glfuneed ( easier spelled TROLL)
Easier spelled ASS HOLE!

mybills
11-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Devin critcized JP as did OP ,Patrick, Bf1,Cynic and righfully so. What JP didn't deserve was hate from the guys like TDUmmy, Saburz, Moran and everyones favorite self proclaimed resident expert who disappeared into oblivion, Glfuneed ( easier spelled TROLL)
So what was his excuse in the game thread, yesterday?

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 09:49 AM
So what was his excuse in the game thread, yesterday?impatient? :idunno:

Saratoga Slim
11-27-2006, 09:50 AM
I've never been overly in favor of either position... He hasn't done enough to either warrant me hating him or loving him. I've said all along however that he deserves the opportunity to prove himself and I'm glad he's getting it. He certainly shows signs of improvement which I love. I'm yet to be convinced that he's a franchise QB though... I'm also yet to be convinced that he can't be one eventually.

I pretty much agree. I've always been rooting for the kid, but haven't been convinced one way or the other that he's a long term answer. I'm still uncommitted. But I'm very impressed by the clutch ability he's shown over the past two weeks. I'm not saying he is or will ever be Tom Brady, but clutch composure is a rare commodity and he's definately shown some in leading two back to back game winning drives. We know he has the physical skills, and he's now demonstrating some inklings of leadership as well. If he keeps it up I have no problem giving him the keys for 2007.

Mr. Cynical
11-27-2006, 09:54 AM

Exactly. I have said since the offseason that he should play this whole season regardless so that there is no more doubt either way about his ability to play as an NFL starter. While my opinion of him is still more negative than positive at this point (not personally, not "hating"), I'm not saying it's impossible for him to make it. I still need to see alot more from him however before I'm confident he is our long term solution.

Saratoga Slim
11-27-2006, 09:57 AM
I'll say this too, it's obvious the OL is playing better since the reshuffling, and voila! all the sudden JP turns in his best performences of the year. Everyone's agreed all season that the OL has been sub-par, but there's been a lot of debate regarding how much the OL play has to do with Losman's struggles. I think the answer is: a lot.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
I'll say this too, it's obvious the OL is playing better since the reshuffling, and voila! all the sudden JP turns in his best performences of the year. Everyone's agreed all season that the OL has been sub-par, but there's been a lot of debate regarding how much the OL play has to do with Losman's struggles. I think the answer is: a lot.Not even Peyton himself could overcome a bad OL play against the Cowboys. Brady himself tends to be mistake prone under pressure .I can't expect JP to do any better.

Saratoga Slim
11-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Exactly. I have said since the offseason that he should play this whole season regardless so that there is no more doubt either way about his ability to play as an NFL starter. While my opinion of him is still more negative than positive at this point (not personally, not "hating"), I'm not saying it's impossible for him to make it. I still need to see alot more from him however before I'm confident he is our long term solution.

Sure, I also need to see a lot more before I'm confident that he's the franchise guy. I've been in the giving-him-a-chance-but-slightly-doubtful camp all year, but after the last two weeks, I'm gaining some optimism.

gr8slayer
11-27-2006, 10:05 AM
I have had my doubts but I am starting to like him more and more every week.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm still not sold on JP, but like I said, all I'm asking is improvement as the season rolls along which he's done ,SO FAR .

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 10:11 AM

I haven't seen many people calling for JPs benching this year. There were a few JPs supporters that were thinking JP should be benched. And I said they were :crazy: JP should not of benched at all this year.

TigerJ
11-27-2006, 10:11 AM
I've been a pretty steady supporter. I feared before the bye he was starting to run out of time to get past the phase where he was struggling, but I always hoped he would make it. It's not just because I like his upside, but because I did not want to see the team have to go through the whole process of transitioning to a new QB again.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 10:12 AM
I doubt anyone hates him anymore. TDummy and SAb just don't want to admit they were wrong. :snicker:

Wrong about?

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Wrong about?
Where do I start? I recall you calling him injury prone as much as comparing him to RJ when it comes to being a chinadoll.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 10:17 AM
1 or 2 games does not make a career or season.

1 good game and the Bills gave RJ 5 years 25 million.

gr8slayer
11-27-2006, 10:17 AM
I haven't seen many people calling for JPs benching this year. There were a few JPs supporters that were thinking JP should be benched. And I said they were :crazy: JP should not of benched at all this year.
Nice sarcasm. You hate the guy, you want him to fail, just admit it.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Where do I start? I recall you calling him injury prone as much as comparing him to RJ when it comes to being a chinadoll.

You just jinxed JP.
:penalty:

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Nice sarcasm. You hate the guy, you want him to fail, just admit it.

Sarcasm? No, that is FACT. There were a few people here calling for JPs benching and I was not one of them.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 10:20 AM

but less than a season was enough for you to write him off and call him the 2nd coming of RJ. :crazy:

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 10:21 AM
You just jinxed JP.
:penalty: The kid is tough. RJ would've been injured already a long time ago.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Sarcasm? No, that is FACT. There were a few people here calling for JPs benching and I was not one of them.
Is JP winning you over at all?

Kerr
I don't think jp cares whether you love him or hate him so here on a board, it's irrelevant.

gr8slayer
That shocks me considering you are one of the people here who wont admit he has shown some great improvment over the past year.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 10:24 AM
but less than a season was enough for you to write him off and call him the 2nd coming of RJ. :crazy:

Yep.

Some people need to take back their smack talk about Harrington. I guess since Joey has played well for the Miami he must be the next Dan Marino.

Or is Joey still a bust?

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Yep.

Some people need to take back their smack talk about Harrington. I guess since Joey has played well for the Miami he must be the next Dan Marino.

Or is Joey still a bust?
You are probably hoping JP plays badly this week so you can say you told us so..

You make me sick!

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 10:30 AM
That shocks me considering you are one of the people here who wont admit he has shown some great improvment over the past year.

He's played well of late.

I would provide you with a link but i dont have time to find one.

He should remain starter all year. Theres 5 tough games left.

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2006, 10:40 AM
You know TD, you should have Manning's and Aikman's records as starters after 19 games in your sig too.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 11:47 AM
You know TD, you should have Manning's and Aikman's records as starters after 19 games in your sig too.

Why? They never played for the Bills and I could careless what they have done.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 11:48 AM
THE TRUTH HURTS TD DOESN'T IT?

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Yep.

Or is Joey still a bust?
how many years has Joey had compared to JP? I still think Joey isn't a playoff qb. I still think he's a bust considering where he was drafted. Played well for Miami? Some finfans would say they are winning inspite of him. JT and Zach has carried the fins. Not Joey.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 12:00 PM
how many years has Joey had compared to JP? I still think Joey isn't a playoff qb. I still think he's a bust considering where he was drafted. Played well for Miami? Some finfans would say they are winning inspite of him. JT and Zach has carried the fins. Not Joey.

Some Bills fans would say the 6 wins Buffalo has when JP started the Bills won inspite of JP. And those 13 losses JP was the starter for some Bills fans would say that they could have been wins with just average play out of the QB position.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 12:01 PM
You are probably hoping JP plays badly this week so you can say you told us so..

You make me sick!

And you are probably hoping JP plays badly next week just so you can say I told you so that TacklingDummy would say I told you so. :bandwagon

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Some Bills fans would say the 6 wins Buffalo has when JP started the Bills won inspite of JP. And those 13 losses JP was the starter for some Bills fans would say that they could have been wins with just average play out of the QB position.

What is it about experience that you don't get. Joey has hand way more time in the NFL prior to going to Miami.

Talk to me and lets compare once JP has had the same amount of experience. You're grasping for stuff to make JP look bad. Harrington? Give me a break.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 12:08 PM
And you are probably hoping JP plays badly next week just so you can say I told you so that TacklingDummy would say I told you so. :bandwagon
NO I AM NOT

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 12:09 PM
TDummy will never be happy until we bring Flutie out of reitrement.

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2006, 12:11 PM

You don't get it, do you?

If you think that won/loss record is bad, you need those numbers for comparison purposes. They both had worse records in the first 19 games. Therefore, they are TacklingDummy busts.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 12:12 PM
TDummy will never be happy until we bring Flutie out of reitrement.
Why Doug Flutie was a ***.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 12:15 PM

TD has a mancrush.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 12:16 PM
TD has a mancrush.
So he hates on JP constantly but licks Fluties balls?? HOW STUPID.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 12:17 PM
So he hates on JP constantly but licks Fluties balls?? HOW STUPID.
TD loves mullets.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 12:20 PM
So if JP grew on TD would love him then?

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 12:23 PM
So if JP grew on TD would love him then? he'd have to learn to backstab the players too.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 12:28 PM
He would also have to lose 75% of his arm strength too....

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 12:33 PM

I may just have to get me a Losman jersey - though I was kinda leaning towards a Whitner throwback (whatever Jersey I get, it's gonna be a throwback anyways).

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 12:36 PM
I have a JP throwback.

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I'll say this too, it's obvious the OL is playing better since the reshuffling, and voila! all the sudden JP turns in his best performences of the year. Everyone's agreed all season that the OL has been sub-par, but there's been a lot of debate regarding how much the OL play has to do with Losman's struggles. I think the answer is: a lot.

So essentially, you're saying that I was right all along - this team needs to address the OL before we worry about who to put under center - and it looks like Losman may just be right for this line after all - that's not to say that we don't still need help along the OL - we need to draft very heavily for the OL and get that big run stuffing DT through FA (hell, bring in two of them in case one gets hurt - see the browns and LeCharles Bentley or whoever that big name OL man they brought in was).

god I love being right - especially when it's favoring to my team.

scott51
11-27-2006, 03:18 PM

Before the bye week I was beginning to think maybe we should call up Jim Kelly and ask him to pull a Vinny Testeverde. Since the bye week however, I have seen JP make some incredible plays! Lets face it, if Lindell kicks the ball between the uprights in Indy we would be 4-0 since the bye! I realize JP still needs work but he is showing signs and I think that we should continue to allow him to improve! JP will be in the Pro-Bowl in 2008... Okay, sorry, got a little over excited!

Philagape
11-27-2006, 03:53 PM
One fact that must be corrected in this debate ... JP has played well not just the last two games, but early in the season too. He's played well a lot more than he's played poorly. That shows that the bad games were aberrations more than the norm. It's a positive season, way better than last year, and remarkable considering he was a project when we drafted him and how horribly he's been developed. He's clearly in the middle of the pack in the league, which is just about where he should be expected to be. The next step up from where he is now is Pro Bowl caliber.
Those who have supported him all along understood this and didn't reduce the debate to Beavis commentary.

gr8slayer
11-27-2006, 04:48 PM
So Tackling Dumbass. How many games did Holcomb win last year?

SABURZFAN
11-27-2006, 06:27 PM
:popcorn:

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 06:39 PM

He's had more than 1 or 2 good games this year.

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 06:42 PM

Now you've done it - Valerie is gonna castrate you.

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 06:43 PM
TD loves mullets.

Flutie could be the american McGuyver - instead of playing hockey, he plays/played/likes to play football.

Michael82
11-27-2006, 07:56 PM
I have always been on his bandwagon and have loved watching him play and am glad he's here. I knew that I saw something in him that I really liked and knew it was only a matter of time until he came around. I'm loving what I see so far. :bf1:

YardRat
11-27-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm still not convinced that he's the answer for the future, but the last couple of weeks with the game ending drives he's engineered has shown me he at least has the ability to perform at the pro level.

I'd like to see more consistency over the course of an entire game, though. And from game to game.

Philagape
11-27-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm still not convinced that he's the answer for the future, but the last couple of weeks with the game ending drives he's engineered has shown me he at least has the ability to perform at the pro level.

I'd like to see more consistency over the course of an entire game, though. And from game to game.

Yeah, like .... like .... um ....... Who's done that this year?