PDA

View Full Version : In a way

ghz in pittsburgh
11-27-2006, 09:03 AM
I know. When Gerrard scrambled for 1st down on that 4th and 14, I yelled and almost threw my 8-month old I was holding in frustration.

But God works in mysterious ways. Like many said that this is the year to find out who can play and who can't, and I'm sure that this is the Levy/Jauron's agenda even though they would not admit it publicly. Winning is nice but not paramount for now.

Many would say D-Line needs improvement. I don't disagree. But I see Linebacking corp needs major overhaul. Fletcher is having a pro-bowl type of year. Crowell is doing OK. But the reality is it is still not enough. We need one true stud there. That Gerrard scramble, at a crucial time of the game, is a moment of truth play for a defense, and we don't have that guy in the middle for Buffalo.

Speaking of moment of truth, doesn't every one want to see Losman to do more of what he did last week in Houston? And there was his chance, after an uneven performance up to that point. What impressed me most is all the things that lead up to the three plays in that 22 seconds, on the sideline. In Losman's interview after the game, he said that they were preparing for this, they went over the plays, they had O-linemen loosened up already off the bench, etc. etc. before the Jaguars scored that TD. We all read stories about guys like Brady, Manning are nuts about preparation, about details. It's good to see that Losman is getting that point as well: it's about preparation, not just in practice, but everything, every second all the way to the actual play.

Kerr
11-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Resiliance-gotta love it.

LtBillsFan66
11-27-2006, 11:37 AM
If Spikes can recover some more and come back next season a true 100%, we'll be fine.

The last buffalo fan
11-27-2006, 11:46 AM
If Spikes can recover some more and come back next season a true 100%, we'll be fine.

I would love to have him back at 100, but Spikes at 80-90% of his potential, is way far better than most of FA LBs around the league.