PDA

View Full Version : So, you guys enjoying the afterglow of the big win?

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 10:09 AM
You gotta love basking in the afterglow of a Bills victory.

For whatever reason, it has a way of making every aspect of your life a little bit sweeter for the subsequent week.

For real, food tastes better, your job seems better, NFL articles are more fun to read, etc.

The psychological boost I get is awesome.

I get this really smug, self-satisfied type of mentality after a big win. It's ****ing great!

You guys enjoying your Monday morning?

BillsNick
11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
I love it, and the Sabres won again to top it off!!!

The last buffalo fan
11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
You got no idea how I feel!!!

My Mexican soccer team is in the semifinal, usually Bills & America don't win the same weekend, this time wasn't different, but the had a lead of two goals from first game, so they finished yesterday 3-3 after trailing 0-3, at home. Now the semifinal is against the archenemy, Chivas!!!!

Go Bills, Go America!!!!!!!!!

Gunzlingr
11-27-2006, 10:24 AM
It always makes the week go better, especially when it is a back to back win.

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Throw in the type of win's they have been- Last minute wins that show this teamis growing and learning "how to win" the close games and it is even better.

Kerr
11-27-2006, 10:27 AM
You gotta love basking in the afterglow of a Bills victory.

For whatever reason, it has a way of making every aspect of your life a little bit sweeter for the subsequent week.

For real, food tastes better, your job seems better, NFL articles are more fun to read, etc.

The psychological boost I get is awesome.

I get this really smug, self-satisfied type of mentality after a big win. It's ****ing great!

You guys enjoying your Monday morning?
Can't help but notice how jp looks like rj in your sig. It's probably the hair.

gr8slayer
11-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Joe, werent you one of the Losman haters this time last year on the "other board"

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Joe, werent you one of the Losman haters this time last year on the "other board"

Busted!

I was irate when we took JP Losman on draft day 2004.

But I got over it pretty fast.

I definitely wasn't a Losman hater last season. I generally game him a fair shake.

And admittingly, I've been on the fence about the kid for the past two years. Like I think anyone would be since he's been difficult to evaluate. So I can't pretend to act like I've been one of the true-believers since day one. I haven't.

I just get irritated with the people who irrationally hate the kid no matter how he performs.

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Can't help but notice how jp looks like rj in your sig. It's probably the hair.

LOL!

Well at least he plays differently than RJ.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that RJ looks real emaciated lately? Like he's on the brink of death or something.

http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/1033.jpg

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 10:50 AM
When the Bills lose, I can't watch ESPN or NFLN until at least Thurs or Fri because I can't stand to re-live the "lowlights".

When the Bills win, I can't get enough of the sports media.

Kerr
11-27-2006, 10:51 AM
LOL!

Well at least he plays differently than RJ.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that RJ looks real emaciated lately? Like he's on the brink of death or something.

http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/1033.jpg

He does seem a lot more thinner than usual. Kind of a dick jauron look. He probably wasn't eating enough with the birth of his kid. It's a handful at first. I can relate.

DynaPaul
11-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Hell yeah and it was awesome to rag on the stupid Giants fans after their team imploded against the Titans!

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 04:26 PM
When the Bills lose, I can't watch ESPN or NFLN until at least Thurs or Fri because I can't stand to re-live the "lowlights".

When the Bills win, I can't get enough of the sports media.

Ah ha, an admitted junkie. I knew it.

kinigirly
11-27-2006, 04:27 PM
a couple people at work said they saw jp's press conference interview on regular tv. they said "so that's what jp looks like! we've never seen any bills highlights before here"

BillsFever21
11-27-2006, 05:58 PM
When we win I watch the weekly highlight shows over and over again. When we lose I don't watch them. I could care less about what happened in the rest of the league.

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Ah ha, an admitted junkie. I knew it.

oh I don't care what they say- 95% of them are talking the corporate line anyway, or just plain morons.

I just like to see good Bills plays over and over, especially since there have been so few of them recently.

Cntrygal
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I love seeing the guys at work that normally give me hell EVERY week... :evil: