PDA

View Full Version : Shirley Temple Can't Stop Hating The Bills

DarbyTheDinosaur
11-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Okay, I know that Shirley Temple picked the Bills this week (there 's a first for everything...) but the man has really got it out for the Bills...

He has an article up regarding Hall of Fame voting and how Irvin, Monk and Reed have been shut out for a few years now...anyways, he debates how maybe wideouts have gotten a raw deal when it comes to voting, talks with coaches and GM's regarding impact and comes to the conclusion that he will vote for Monk and Irvin...but he still isn't convinced about Reed. Then he makes a comment about the expected wave of e-mails in response to this . I'm telling you, he gets off on getting hate mail from Buffalo. The guy is such a putz.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/26/hof.receivers/index.html

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2006, 10:38 AM
:monkeyp:Peter King

DarbyTheDinosaur
11-27-2006, 10:38 AM
I knew I could count on you Mr. Miyagi...

DarbyTheDinosaur
11-27-2006, 10:41 AM
I forgot...he also says he can't justify Reed with Carter, Brown and Rice coming up in the next few years...fine. But then he adds and Harrison, TO, and Randy Moss as other reasons...this guys is nuts.

His only justification for an Irvin vote was he was the locker room guy for a three-time Super Bowl winner...okay...how many rings do Carter, Brown, Harrison, TO, and Moss have?

Thurmal
11-27-2006, 11:35 AM
His reasoning is hysterical. He wouldn't vote in Andre because Thurman Thomas was the main offensive weapon? That doesn't make sense. He said only a few sentences before that Monk (who should be in the Hall of Fame)wasn't the Redskins main weapon, and Irvin certainly played second fiddle to Emmitt Smith. Why should any player be punished because he played with another great player?

How can you deny a guy who is in the top ten all-time in yards, catches, and TDs and was probably among the top three receivers ever when he came to going over the middle and running after the catch?

Peter King is a douchebag. He gets on some players' jocks and, in between constantly name-dropping who he "spoke on the phone with after the game," he just has absolute love-fests for guys that aren't as good as he thinks (Brushci, Favre, Vick, etc.)

Mudflap1
11-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Andre Reed is a Hall of Fame player, period.

Jon

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 12:01 PM
this guy is such an idiot - I think I'll knock his teeth out if I see him in person.

Reed was only the most fearless #1 reciever in NFL history to go over the middle as much as he did - how many other #1's - even in todays game would you see doing it like it was nothing? Reed was only a main cog (one of like 5) in the 4 superbowl teams. Reed was a major reason that the Bills won over 100 games in the 90's.

Gunzlingr
11-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Is it just me, or does he contradict himself in these two entries?

f. Speaking of Bills coming through against Jacksonville, J.P. Losman looked poised, sharp and accurate in the clutch. He's not out of the woods yet, though. Still too inaccurate.
g. I know Jason Campbell was just 11-of-23, but he threw four or five clutch passes that made the Redskins enter December with some hope they're on the right offensive road.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2006, 12:04 PM
I knew I could count on you Mr. Miyagi...
I hate King more than he hates the Bills.

So there.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2006, 12:05 PM
**** Peter King. :finger:

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 12:30 PM

Indeed he does - what a moron.

lordofgun
11-27-2006, 01:06 PM
I like Peter King. :couch:

Earthquake Enyart
11-27-2006, 02:06 PM
BOOOOOOOOO

G. Host
11-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Okay, I know that Shirley Temple picked the Bills this week (there 's a first for everything...) but the man has really got it out for the Bills...

He has an article up regarding Hall of Fame voting and how Irvin, Monk and Reed have been shut out for a few years now...anyways, he debates how maybe wideouts have gotten a raw deal when it comes to voting, talks with coaches and GM's regarding impact and comes to the conclusion that he will vote for Monk and Irvin...but he still isn't convinced about Reed. Then he makes a comment about the expected wave of e-mails in response to this . I'm telling you, he gets off on getting hate mail from Buffalo. The guy is such a putz.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/26/hof.receivers/index.html

I am not convinced about Reed either and I do not have it out for Bills.

The_Philster
11-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Peter King's a moron....Andre's got better credentials than Irvin

Michael82
11-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Shirley Temple is a ****ing weasel.

Historian
11-28-2006, 05:08 AM
That tub of lard is a prime example of why writers shouldn't be allowed on television....even if it's only cable.

YardRat
11-28-2006, 05:27 AM
Reed is going to get screwed. The lack of WR's going into the hall in the past is going to create a logjam in the next ten years when added to others who become eligible, and he's going to end up a victim of the numbers game.

Unfair, and he belongs IMO, but that's the way I see it going down.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-28-2006, 06:06 AM

I like Peter King too..... hanging from a rope.

(metephoricly speaking of course)

Tinboy
11-28-2006, 07:39 AM
I used to like Peter King but nowdays is always ranting...

:loser: