PDA

View Full Version : I have complained about Willis.....

Dr. Lecter
11-27-2006, 11:16 AM
But he was very impressive yesterday. Playing like he did with still injured ribs gets major props for me. He also had the best blocking game of his career, even picking some D-linemen.

Keep it up Willis!

Kerr
11-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Willis had an excellent block up the middle. I thought that guy was going to kill jp, but Willis came out of nowhere and he made him lose his balance. You have to give the game ball to Willis on this day. For him to rush for 2 tds like that against a strong run defense that the jags have is really good.

mysticsoto
11-27-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm glad people are realizing this. I am very insistent that the A-Train is an excellent backup. But Willis is still a better RB than him and I think sometimes people forget that b'cse they don't like things about him and want to discount him. Skill levelwise, Willis is higher than Thomas though and if he's reasonable, I wouldn't mind keeping him long term. Especially now that our Oline appears to have started to improve!

mybills
11-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I've always though Willis was a Mack Truck compared to Thomas, but I thought it was risky for him to dive into the endzone like he did, when he could've easily ran in. I'm sure it was his way of telling us he was fine, but he could've reinjured the ribs, and punctured a lung this time. He seriously scared me, and I'm so glad that didn't happen.

His blocking was fantastic! And I had to laugh when I read the game thread, because nobody mentioned it. Jeesh! Kudos to Wills! :bf1:

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 01:08 PM
But he was very impressive yesterday. Playing like he did with still injured ribs gets major props for me. He also had the best blocking game of his career, even picking some D-linemen.

Keep it up Willis!

Dude was great yesterday.

And his toughness was on full display.

He gets big balls of the day award because his performance was very Travis Henry-esque in terms of playing hurt & playing well.

Demon
11-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Seriously, huge props to Willis. When he needed to make a big play he did. He actually looked like he tried out there yesterday.

I bet he runs crazy this Sunday and outruns LT.

HHURRICANE
11-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Seriously, huge props to Willis. When he needed to make a big play he did. He actually looked like he tried out there yesterday.

I bet he runs crazy this Sunday and outruns LT.

Funny how we won with A-train and his ribs got healed miraculously. It was like that Accountemps commercial. I think McGahee knew better than to sit out another week.

DynaPaul
11-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm still not sold. I think he came back because A-Train could have possibly stolen his starting job and the "best back in the league" just can't let that happen. Plus, while he did come on strong in the first half, he really died out in the second half of the game. The guy still seems like he only plays hard when he wants to.

mchurchfie
11-27-2006, 04:22 PM
I think he was definitely A-train inspired. I was impressed with his toughness playing with sore ribs.

Michael82
11-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Props to Willis! He has a solid game and played out there like A-Train was Travis Henry and gunning for his job.