PDA

View Full Version : How would you defend jp against San Diego's pass rush?

Kerr
11-27-2006, 11:16 AM
There's no doubt bum jr is going to be sending his linebackers constantly to pressure jp. Max protect? Probably not. With the 3-4 there would be an extra man free to double covers any receivers.

Spread it out-3 steps drops. I would say this is the game they will have to start moving jp around by design because the O-line is not good enough to handle all of San Diego's blitz packages.

Discuss.

BleedinGreenNC
11-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Who is your best blocking RB?

You are going to have to use that one alot, i think that the Chargers are going to blitz a ton! They are going to try and get into JP's head early.

Kerr
11-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Who is your best blocking RB?

You are going to have to use that one alot, i think that the Chargers are going to blitz a ton! They are going to try and get into JP's head early.

That would be Willis.

I agree. They are going to blitz him heavily. Fairchild and co. will have to come up with the best gameplan they've ever come up with if they want a shot at upsetting the chargers.

Devin
11-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Honestly I think you keep it simple. Work out of the gun, tell willis and royal to bring their A game. JP is gonna make or break a lot of fans here with his performance against SD.

He really is gonna have to play a near perfect game. Be smart with the ball, dont make ******ed throws into triple coverage....etc. We may get a nice look at his mobility.

alohabillsfan
11-27-2006, 11:26 AM
JP needs to read it and burn them at least twice to beat the blitz (that little center screen to Cislak (TE) would work for me!

First we need to protect JP and allow him time against this defense without the blitz!

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Lotsa screen passes to Parrish. I feel sorry for Meriman if he tries to tackle Parrish head on. :ill:

Mad Bomber
11-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Lotsa screen passes to Parrish. I feel sorry for Meriman if he tries to tackle Parrish head on. :ill:

Likewise. However, I feel sorry for Roscoe if Merriman connects with a head-on tackle.

The King
11-27-2006, 01:13 PM
start Holcomb?

Generalissimus Gibby
11-27-2006, 01:15 PM
keep up what we have been doing the past three games. Have JP step up into the pocket. Let him roll out and let him throw the deep ball. Also give a healthy dosage of McGahee and A Train.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Likewise. However, I feel sorry for Roscoe if Merriman connects with a head-on tackle.
that's what I meant. my $$ is one Parrish in a head on collision. Meriman won't have a prayer.

mybills
11-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Ask the Raiders.

Elminster
11-27-2006, 01:52 PM
We'll need to mix in some quick stuff, preferably out of the shotgun. Slants and screens and their ilk, to keep them off balance and to force Wade to back off a bit in fear of being burned. If we could get some running going, that'd be great too....

Saratoga Slim
11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
San Diego lives and dies on pressuring the QB. Their secondary is beatable. I think JP's going to take some sacks. But its also entirely possible that we'll be able to burn them deep on a few.