PDA

View Full Version : pfw on jp

Kerr
11-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Buffalo (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/)

Although he has played better the past two weeks in wins over Houston and Jacksonville, the word from western New York is that the jury is still out on QB J.P. Losman’s future with the Bills (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afceast#) but that his job security would be helped immeasurably if he continues to show marked improvement over the last five weeks. We hear that the team has not yet gotten to the point where it has given up on him, but that if GM Marv Levy and head coach Dick Jauron come to the conclusion following this season that Losman isn’t the guy to lead the team going forward, they won’t be reticent about letting him go. Though Losman cost the team a first-round draft pick to acquire him, this Bills (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afceast#) brain trust didn’t make that move and has no ties to him. If Levy and Jauron don’t believe Losman’s their guy, we hear that they will likely look to trade him and start anew at the QB position since it would be a tough sell to the players and the fans if they were to keep him around for an open competition next offseason. The Bills like Craig Nall and could decide to see what he can do as the starter. They could also trade for a veteran QB or draft one.

:ill:

Please, no more starting over, especially w/ nall.

Come on jp, get your job.

streetkings01
11-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Why would you believe anything from PFW?

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 11:41 AM

Although he has played better the past two weeks in wins over Houston and Jacksonville, the word from western New York is that the jury is still out on QB J.P. Losman’s future with the Bills (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afceast#) but that his job security would be helped immeasurably if he continues to show marked improvement over the last five weeks. We hear that the team has not yet gotten to the point where it has given up on him, but that if GM Marv Levy and head coach Dick Jauron come to the conclusion following this season that Losman isn’t the guy to lead the team going forward, they won’t be reticent about letting him go. Though Losman cost the team a first-round draft pick to acquire him, this Bills (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afceast#) brain trust didn’t make that move and has no ties to him. If Levy and Jauron don’t believe Losman’s their guy, we hear that they will likely look to trade him and start anew at the QB position since it would be a tough sell to the players and the fans if they were to keep him around for an open competition next offseason. The Bills like Craig Nall and could decide to see what he can do as the starter. They could also trade for a veteran QB or draft one.

They obviously have no clue about what is going on with this team!

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 11:43 AM
I agree with their general sentiment about Losman having the last 5 games to prove himself- hell, a lot of us have been saying it all along.

But if Jauron and co. decide that Losman is not the answer, they better NOT cheap out and try to plug Craig Nall in as the starter. They need to do whatever it takes to either get a saavy vet or get the top draft QB prospect (preferably a vet- we've been grooming QB's for a decade now and I'm sick of it).

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 11:45 AM

That article is garbage.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 11:45 AM
what does PFW know? Might as well be ESPN writing that article.

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 11:47 AM
what does PFW know? Might as well be ESPN writing that article.

ESPN has like a micron or nanometer more credibility though.

Kerr
11-27-2006, 11:47 AM
lol
I think some of you are confusing profootballweekly or profootballtalk.
They are not the same. Pft is known to spew out garbage.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Anyone who isn't a homer would agree that the jury is still out on JP.

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 12:02 PM
This article is kind of puzzling & unexpected given JP Losman's recent spike in performance since the bye week.

Dick Jauron made it explicitly clear earlier this season that JP Losman was his man -- almost to the point of "for better or worse" -- which resulted in a lot of criticism when Losman hit a couple lows. And rightfully so. But if anything, Jauron's decision is now being justified rather than cast into further doubt. So I don't see where in the hell PFW is coming from.

And again, this article would have made a LOT more sense if it were released during or prior to the bye week. Because since then, it's becoming clearer that the team likes Losman & that he's probably going to nail down the starting job for the immediate future.

Billz_fan
11-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Bledsoe will probably be available at seasons end.

(it's a joke for god sake) :laughter:

ublinkwescore
Anyone who isn't a homer would agree that the jury is still out on JP.

I'm a homer, and I say the jury is still out on JP.

justasportsfan
This article is kind of puzzling & unexpected given JP Losman's recent spike in performance since the bye week.

Dick Jauron made it explicitly clear earlier this season that JP Losman was his man -- which resulted in a lot of criticism when Losman hit a couple lows. But if anything, Jauron's decision is now being justified rather than cast into further doubt. So I don't see where in the hell PFW is coming from.

And again, this article would have made a LOT more sense if it were released during or prior to the bye week. Because since then, it's becoming clearer that the team likes Losman & that he's probably going to nail down the starting job for the immediate future.
yup, both MArv and Dick. The haters are gonna come back with "what are they suppose to say,blah,blah,blah".

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Why would you believe anything from PFW?
Their "word out of Buffalo" is what they read on Peter King's column. :down:

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 12:07 PM

Dick Jauron made it explicitly clear earlier this season that JP Losman was his man -- almost to the point of "for better or worse" -- which resulted in a lot of criticism when Losman hit a couple lows. And rightfully so. But if anything, Jauron's decision is now being justified rather than cast into further doubt. So I don't see where in the hell PFW is coming from.

Love the Sig man.

Saratoga Slim
11-27-2006, 12:12 PM

Does this article really say anything at all?

the groundbreaking points it makes are:
1. JP might still lose his job at the end of the season if he doesn't play well over the next 5 games
2. If JP loses his Job, the Bills could either start Craig Nall or bring in someone else.

talk about journalistic bombshells.

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 12:13 PM
yup, both MArv and Dick. The haters are gonna come back with "what are they suppose to say,blah,blah,blah".

True.

And to a point, I can entertain the idea that Marv Levy & Dick Jauron's public support of JP Losman is &/or was partially a public relations maneuver. Anyone running a team wants to give off an aura of confidence in the decisions they make.

However, both Marv Levy & Dick are far less slavish to the convention of coachspeak than most guys in the NFL. Especially previous guys we've had here in Buffalo, like Tom Donahoe & Gregg Williams, who I thought were the absolute worst. They never spoke candidly or honestly about anything.

One thing I really appreciate about both of them is that they tend to be fairly straightfoward & geniune in their approach to the media.

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Love the Sig man.

Much thanks!

A guy named mogilny on another site originally found & posted the picture.

I thought it was pretty badass & in need of duplication.

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 12:17 PM
talk about journalistic bombshells.

LOL!

I was gonna say.

It must be Obvious Day at Camp Stupid.

Goobylal
11-27-2006, 12:52 PM
The jury is OUT on JP. In fact, they returned a verdict and in the matter of being the Bills' QB of the present and future, he's guilty as charged.

HAMMER
11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
You don't dump the leagues 12th rated QB, not gonna happen.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-27-2006, 01:27 PM
JP is here to stay and I think that if we can get him one or two OL guys and a second receiver that he will be awesome next year. I also think that the biggest need this team has in the offeason will be a DT and possibly a linebacker. Other than that I think that next year will be the year that we have all dreamed about for so long.

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 01:43 PM
JP is here to stay and I think that if we can get him one or two OL guys and a second receiver that he will be awesome next year. I also think that the biggest need this team has in the offeason will be a DT and possibly a linebacker. Other than that I think that next year will be the year that we have all dreamed about for so long.

I'm starting to feel hesitant about making too many wholesale changes to the line right now.

Obviously, we'll have to wait & see how the season shakes out before any real personnel decisions can be made .

But hey, if the current personnel finish the season playing at the same level as they are currently, I almost have to say you might be better off leaving the unit alone.

Chemistry is a very rare & difficult thing to get going on an offensive line.

HHURRICANE
11-27-2006, 01:48 PM
This is pretty funny.

Yes, if JP ****s the bed the last 5 weeks his job is in jeapordy but I can say that for anybody on this team or any team in the league. Another moronic article with no accountability if they are wrong, which most likely, they will be.

Why don't we stick with the facts like JP's passer rating is better than Eli, Ben, Alex Smith, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and a slew full of notable veterans. Matter-of-fact he's ranked 12th and is higher if you look at QB's that started all 11 games.

Whatever!!!!

Saratoga Slim
11-27-2006, 01:53 PM
This is pretty funny.

Yes, if JP ****s the bed the last 5 weeks his job is in jeapordy but I can say that for anybody on this team or any team in the league. Another moronic article with no accountability if they are wrong, which most likely, they will be.

Why don't we stick with the facts like JP's passer rating is better than Eli, Ben, Alex Smith, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and a slew full of notable veterans. Matter-of-fact he's ranked 12th and is higher if you look at QB's that started all 11 games.

Whatever!!!!

Stats are nice, but its all about winning. JP needed to show people that the Bills could win a game because of him rather than in spite of him. He's done that twice in a row, and so now people are starting to come around.

Elminster
11-27-2006, 01:56 PM
I think he's a lock to return next year. He's shown he can lead a comeback, and he's also shown he can "Dilfer" a game and stay out of the rest of the team's way and let them get the job done. He's certainly earned himself more time in Buffalo, if you believed he was ever truly in danger....

HHURRICANE
11-27-2006, 01:57 PM
They need to do whatever it takes to either get a saavy vet or get the top draft QB prospect (preferably a vet- we've been grooming QB's for a decade now and I'm sick of it).

Here we go again. Name me a savvy vet that will be available in the off-season?! Name me a top draft QB that won't look like the way Matt Leinart, Vince Young, and Alex Smith have looked this year.

Man, maybe we really don't deserve an NFL team when we have so many dumb fans!!

Steve McNair has almost identical stats to JP (not as good actually) but his team is 9-2. Could it be that he has a better defense? Better offensive line? Geez!! WTF!!!

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Here we go again. Name me a savvy vet that will be available in the off-season?! Name me a top draft QB that won't look like the way Matt Leinart, Vince Young, and Alex Smith have looked this year.

Man, maybe we really don't deserve an NFL team when we have so many dumb fans!!

Steve McNair has almost identical stats to JP (not as good actually) but his team is 9-2. Could it be that he has a better defense? Better offensive line? Geez!! WTF!!!

dude, you cut off the important part of my post, which was "If Jauron and Co determine that JP is not the answer".

I'm not advocating cutting JP- I'm just addressing a hypothetical (and possible, if unlikely) scenario where the coaches decide to look somewhere else for a QB next year.

HHURRICANE
11-27-2006, 02:13 PM
dude, you cut off the important part of my post, which was "If Jauron and Co determine that JP is not the answer".

I'm not advocating cutting JP- I'm just addressing a hypothetical (and possible, if unlikely) scenario where the coaches decide to look somewhere else for a QB next year.

You and I hardly ever disagree but I'm not willing to watch us go through yet another QB change when we have so many glaring issues, other than QB, to address.

I have yet to see JP lose us a game!! PERIOD.

But I have seen our run D not get the ball back twice with 6:30 on the clock. I have seen zero pass rush as Brady, who we play twice a year, dices and slices us. When the OL and DL get addressed, and if JP is sucking, than we can talk QB.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Stats are nice, but its all about winning. JP needed to show people that the Bills could win a game because of him rather than in spite of him. ..He can't however be blamed alone for all the losses either. As a matter of fact he did enough that could've won the Jets and 1st Pats game if the D did their part. Then again , people like to blame the qb whenever we lose especially writers who don't follow the team or watch the games closely. They look at the score and then decide it's all the qb's fault.

Philagape
11-27-2006, 04:00 PM
For JP to lose the job he would have to throw multiple picks per game and lose them all. In other words, do what Eli and Ben have been doing quite frequently recently.

Risin
11-27-2006, 04:47 PM
If the Bills are dumb enough to trade or cut a 3rd year QB, who ranks in the top 15 in QB rating, (and in a few other stats) and has improved dramatically as his o-line has, I will find a new team to root for, until they get someone in the front office who knows his head from his ass.

This article is pure garbage, if not shame on the Bills.

BillsFever21
11-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, there are just gonna be so many great vets that will be better then Losman next season. Jake Plummer and Kurt Warner will be out there if you want them. :scared:

And drafting another QB will be the answer because he will obviously be in the top 12 of QB rating next season and improve throughout the season like Losman has. They are just such a sure thing. All of them Top 10 drafted QB's turn out to be stars. Hell, Losman has been better then two of them from his same draft class this season. This is just a stupid discussion and if Jauron and Levy actually did it then they need to go with him.

Losman will be a good QB in this league and is showing it. If they were stupid enough to trade him then there will be multiple teams trying to get him and would get a steal for him. They would be able to reap the benifits then.

BillsFever21
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
You don't hear this crap talk coming from New York or Pittsburgh and look at what them QB's are doing. Espcially Big Ben. He has more INT's in 9 starts this year then Losman has in his entire career.

If Losman should be traded for his play this season then them guys should definitely go too. You would probably laugh if there was talk about trading them guys wouldn't you?

Compare the 3 of them this season and especially the last 5 weeks or so and decide if that makes any sense.

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 05:10 PM
You don't dump the leagues 12th rated QB, not gonna happen.

Especially when he's still learning, and his team is really stepping up and it's elevating his play.

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 05:27 PM

I'd go OL, a real tight end (though I'm liking what I've seen out of Cieslak so far), Dump Everett - he's a waste - one true TD F*** Up. DT most definitely - one that can absorb some bodies and get in the backfield at will, LB - I think we could very well be set - Ellison looked good - as a rookie barely in week two of his career - the rest of the D playing the way it has as of late will only help him out - I don't see him as being a liability - I wonder if Ellison is better than Spikes - he's been pretty quiet as of late (though I'd really like to see us make the playoffs with Spikes over #51 - I hope the rest of this season has him convinced about next with Marv being here and the recent stepping up of the rest of the team - minus the DL vs. the run) - Fletcher should be extended two years while we've still got him.

OL would of course be the priority (regardless of how they're playing right now) - I think we should trade down with that #1 pick next year and spend the extra picks on OL, TE, DT, Nate is most likely gone, so I'd take a long hard look at.

Ok, name me some OL prospects... I know Michigan state has a tackle or something that is supposed to be pretty damn good - I can't remember his name though.

ublinkwescore
11-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Stats are nice, but its all about winning. JP needed to show people that the Bills could win a game because of him rather than in spite of him. He's done that twice in a row, and so now people are starting to come around.

As much as I hate to admit it, this is a very valid point. I just hope JP keeps them talking positive about him.