PDA

View Full Version : What happened to K. Everett?

NC-BILLS44
11-27-2006, 02:25 PM
On the Bills' website Everett is listed as 3rd string. He must have done something to get in the doghouse. Cieslak was elevated from the practice squad, when Neufeld was injured, to the 2nd string.

Does anyone have a rich friend or insider that could shed some light on the situation? I had high hopes for Everett, coming out of the U.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 02:32 PM
I do, everett is still in recovery mode and is not ready for full action. Cieslak is ready, willing and able. He will do everything it takes to get in the game, everything. He plays his heart out every play and many times during a game, it's that guys who takes it over.

OpIv37
11-27-2006, 02:35 PM
On the Bills' website Everett is listed as 3rd string. He must have done something to get in the doghouse. .

20 yards of penalties and 0 catches against Houston will do that. The guy just has never contributed at all.

ricogarion
11-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Recovery? From what ? He played in first three games had a catch or two committed some penalties and was not heard from again.

justasportsfan
11-27-2006, 02:48 PM
We are going into a 3 TE set. Royals blocks, Cieslak to catch and Everrett getting their waters ready in the sidelines.

Seriously though, I'm not ready to count Everrett out. When you think about it, Cieslak has been on the field longer since Everrett wasn't even on the practice field last year due to a blown knee.

Scumbag College
11-27-2006, 02:52 PM
I think you have to give Everett one more year. He was drafted by TD in the 3rd round on pure speculation and potential due to his athletic ability, not because of what he did at the U.

THATHURMANATOR
11-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Draft a game breaking TE and we are on our way to the superbowl!

G. Host
11-27-2006, 03:07 PM
We are going into a 3 TE set. Royals blocks, Cieslak to catch and Everrett getting their waters ready in the sidelines.

Seriously though, I'm not ready to count Everrett out. When you think about it, Cieslak has been on the field longer since Everrett wasn't even on the practice field last year due to a blown knee.

I am not sure Everrett can get water ready - he is from the U and they are not known for teamwork. He might spike the water.

mysticsoto
11-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Draft a game breaking TE and we are on our way to the superbowl!

Actually, with the way the offense has improved now...what we really need is some DTs that could get the job done and stop the run! If we had our old tandem of PW and Sam Adams up there when they were peaking, I'd say we'd definitely be playoff bound!!!

The_Philster
11-27-2006, 04:00 PM
simply put, Cieslak has shown production...Everett hasn't

NC-BILLS44
11-28-2006, 02:55 PM
simply put, Cieslak has shown production...Everett hasn't

??? How did Cieslak show production on the practice squad? Something had to happen for Everett to lose his 2nd string job to a practice squad player. Maybe it was the penalties. I was just wondering if anyone heard anything about a game or practice incident that would have prompted the change.
Maybe Cieslak was working is butt off and Everett was just cruising along.

BillsNick
11-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I talked to my rich friend, and he told me the inside information as to why KE is 3rd string. He sucks.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2006, 03:25 PM
I had high hopes for Everett, coming out of the U.

Well that was your first mistake.

Second, he scored a 6 on his Wonderlick which makes him one of the stupidest players coming out of the draft. Sorry, but all the athletic ability in the world won't help you overcome memorizing the playbook.

The_Philster
11-28-2006, 06:20 PM

Second, he scored a 6 on his Wonderlick which makes him one of the stupidest players coming out of the draft. Sorry, but all the athletic ability in the world won't help you overcome memorizing the playbook.
Miami TEs are generally strong producers in the NFL...so I hardly think it was really a mistake...and as far as the Wonderlic, our starting LT didn't score all that highly either

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Jerramy Stevens needs to start over somewhere. Might as well be here. I'll take Eric Johnson, too.

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 08:12 PM

Everett scored a 12 and Parrish scored a 10.

I'll take "he's not fully recovered and way behind" for $100, Alex. No need to cut him until late in pre-season next year.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Everett scored a 12 and Parrish scored a 10.

I'll take "he's not fully recovered and way behind" for $100, Alex. No need to cut him until late in pre-season next year.

Sorry, but I knew it was bad.

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 08:20 PM
It was; but Parrish' was worse and he seems to be doing fine.

Everett was a project and his injury set him WAY back. He might just not be an NFL player, but the Bills should give him more time and I see no reason to toss him just yet, unless CJ Leak is some kind of diamond in the rough.

Kerr
11-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Jerramy Stevens needs to start over somewhere. Might as well be here. I'll take Eric Johnson, too.

Over Daniel Graham? I think Graham has more upside than those two as a blocker and receiver.

Lee-83
11-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Forget Everett, Cieslak is Raw!

NC-BILLS44
11-29-2006, 08:55 AM
I have my answer.

According to Jauron, Everett's fall on the depth chart is due more to his lack of experience and inability to grasp the offense than his talent.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 09:13 AM
I have my answer.

According to Jauron, Everett's fall on the depth chart is due more to his lack of experience and inability to grasp the offense than his talent.
I agree. Let's not forget that aside from a torn ACL in his first year, he also didn't have experience coming out of college. I don't think he's football smart just yet.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2006, 09:08 AM

I hate being right all the time. it get's old.

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20061129/2063516.asp

According to Jauron, Everett's fall on the depth chart is due more to his lack of experience and inability to grasp the offense than his talent. "Really, in Kevin's defense, if he needs one at this point, he's really in his rookie year," Jauron said. "He missed the whole year last year. He's doing fine. He's working hard. He just needs to get a better understanding of what we need all the time and what the game is like at this level."

Just for those who don't understand "coach speak" when Jauron say's that it's his inability to grasp the offense that means he can't memorize the playbook. Cieslak came from the practice squad but he grasp's the offense better in his second start?

Goobylal
11-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Stevens has bad hands. He's also soft. No thanks.

Graham is a better blocker, but too inconsistent.

Eric Johnson would be good, but the 49'ers have a TON of cap room and will likely re-sign him.

It looks like the Bills will have to look to the draft to find a TE.