PDA

View Full Version : Some love for JP from Clark Judge

NC-BILLS44
11-27-2006, 03:40 PM
13. Welcome to the NFL, J.P. Losman. For the record, that's consecutive game-winning drives in the last minute for the Bills' quarterback -- and that's how you measure quarterbacks. Give credit to Dick Jauron: He stuck with the guy all season and let him evolve. Too bad that didn't happen a year ago.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9830604

JoeMama
11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Awesome take.

For real, the one thing you can't teach is the ability to succeed in the clutch.

As a Bills fan, it's like Christmas every Sunday when you've got a guy back there who can calmly march the troops downfield for the game-winner if necessary.

Thus, my new signature.

Gotta give credit to JP for playing like a winner.

Being clutch isn't a gift many quarterbacks can boast.

Two games in a row, two last-second wins in a row.

What year is it, 1990?

We look like a team that believes in ourselves again.

DynaPaul
11-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Give credit to Dick Jauron: He stuck with the guy all season and let him evolve. Too bad that didn't happen a year ago.

Unlike the idiot Mike Mularkey who wound up setting him back a year.

shelby
11-27-2006, 04:58 PM
:jig:

i prefer my Tweek JP Losman sig, made by mybills' daughter.

The_Philster
11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Jauron :lolpoint: Mularkey

BillsFever21
11-27-2006, 05:38 PM
If Mularkey wasn't such an idiot and stunted JP's progress then this team may have been a playoff team this year.

Them final 5 games that Mularkey played Holcomb instead to try and get a couple more victories netted us a 1-4 record anyway.

Had JP had them games then he would be showing the leadership and progress he is now earlier in the season and well before we fell to a 2-5 record.

Philagape
11-27-2006, 06:42 PM
How appropriate that a dumbass ****** like Moolarkey is with the Fins now.

Michael82
11-27-2006, 07:51 PM
This whole thing just makes me hate Mularkey even more now. He really ****ed things up last year! :mad:

**** YOU, Mike Mularkey!!! :curse:

YardRat
11-27-2006, 08:02 PM
So is it correct to understand that everybody posting here that is anti-Mularkey now feels that it wasn't the o-lines fault (or the coaches, or the lack of a #2 receiver, or the TE's) for JP's performances the first 7 to 9 games of the year? Now it's all Mularkey's fault again for switching back to Holcomb last year?

Because that's what it sounds like.

G. Host
11-27-2006, 08:32 PM
So is it correct to understand that everybody posting here that is anti-Mularkey now feels that it wasn't the o-lines fault (or the coaches, or the lack of a #2 receiver, or the TE's) for JP's performances the first 7 to 9 games of the year? Now it's all Mularkey's fault again for switching back to Holcomb last year?

It DOES seem pretty dumb so that can not be it.

Just as the same posters will say MM should have tanked season last year pulling starting QB to get a better draft postion but will scream for his Dick's job if he pulls the starting QB this to get a better draft position.

I try to be consistant and never try to root for us to lose games no matter WHO is QB, even when it was RJ, because winning games is how you learn to win. Maybe I ought to go back and bump those old threads just so people can discuss / deny them.

Philagape
11-27-2006, 08:36 PM

It's not ALL anything. They're all factors.

And there are far fewer than 7 to 9 games that JP needs excuses for.

Goobylal
11-27-2006, 10:17 PM

No you aren't understanding it correctly. The O-line sucked before they moved Peters to LT, etc. And I don't think that the coaches this year needed to force JP to stay in the pocket, or at least for as long as they did. And Mularkey was an idiot for inserting Holcomb for the last 5 games for short-term gain/to save his job.

And the Bills STILL need a better #2, TE, and OG's.

ParanoidAndroid
11-27-2006, 10:22 PM
What year is it, 1990?

We look like a team that believes in ourselves again.

Looks more like 1986....in a good way. We're on our way up.

SabreEleven
11-27-2006, 10:24 PM

But JP doesn't have blonde hair, duh!!!

djjimkelly
11-27-2006, 11:16 PM
No you aren't understanding it correctly. The O-line sucked before they moved Peters to LT, etc. And I don't think that the coaches this year needed to force JP to stay in the pocket, or at least for as long as they did. And Mularkey was an idiot for inserting Holcomb for the last 5 games for short-term gain/to save his job.

and a real RT and sadly another cb to replace clements prolly

clumping platelets
11-28-2006, 02:47 AM
JP is the future :up:

The_Philster
11-28-2006, 04:32 AM
It DOES seem pretty dumb so that can not be it.

Just as the same posters will say MM should have tanked season last year pulling starting QB to get a better draft postion but will scream for his Dick's job if he pulls the starting QB this to get a better draft position.

I try to be consistant and never try to root for us to lose games no matter WHO is QB, even when it was RJ, because winning games is how you learn to win. Maybe I ought to go back and bump those old threads just so people can discuss / deny them.
It wasn't a case where we wanted Mularkey to pull the starting QB...we wanted him to start the starting QB instead of the backup...and it wasn't for draft spots. It was so JP could learn to be a solid player...something he wasn't learning by watching Holcomb. And as far as this year, only a complete idiot would bench JP considering how he's finally getting it.

Night Train
11-28-2006, 06:02 AM

Well stated. I agree completely.

I'm thinking the coaches were forcing him to progress through reads and recognize the D early. Unfortunately, the pass protection was terrible before the bye.

Since the Green Bay game Losman has been receiving much better pass protection, allowing him to move around and make more plays. Peters and Pennington are raw but show great footwork/ability in pass protection. Preston is far better than Chris V. or Reyes.

The O needs for next year are indeed a #2 WR, another TE and 2 big Guards.

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 07:24 AM
and a real RT and sadly another cb to replace clements prolly
I think the Bills make a big push to keep Clements. And I wouldn't say RT until I see how Pennington progresses the rest of the season. He's a raw 7th round rookie.

Saratoga Slim
11-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I think the Bills make a big push to keep Clements. And I wouldn't say RT until I see how Pennington progresses the rest of the season. He's a raw 7th round rookie.

I agree. Pennington's had some good moments, I'd like to watch and see how he does over the next weeks before making the offseason shopping list. He has the prototypical size.

And I also agree that the Bills are going to try and keep Clements. I am pretty sure they won't overpay though, and I have a sneaking suspiscion that someone else will.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2006, 10:28 AM

TacklingDummy, I mean Yardrat, this is a ridiculous conclusion. Let me make it easy for you. JP needed, and still needs, to develop as a starting QB. He should have played out the season last year which would have helped with his development. The OL is still not very good but better as of late. Moving Peters to the left and not having waste products like Reyes and Villareal on the field have helped.

Your post is totally designed just to be argumentative. There are many reasons that the team played poorly and is playing better now.

G. Host
11-28-2006, 10:32 AM
It wasn't a case where we wanted Mularkey to pull the starting QB...we wanted him to start the starting QB instead of the backup...and it wasn't for draft spots. It was so JP could learn to be a solid player...something he wasn't learning by watching Holcomb. And as far as this year, only a complete idiot would bench JP considering how he's finally getting it.

That is not reality on this board.

Lots of people were posting that trying to win the game, no matter what QB was playing, was a bad idea and MM was trying to save his job. I could go search and bump the threads but the board does not need this.

There have been plenty of posters who have said JP should play no matter what, no matter how bad he plays, no matter how it affects the game and he should not be pulled even if he is ineffective because I guess his ego is to fragile to handle it.

There are lots of people who have double standards regarding QBs on this board - they claim it has to due with number of starts but it has more to do with the QB they support. I do not support just one QB of the Bills and if a 3rd string QB comes off the bench and plays better than the royal one so be it. We went thru this with RJ / Flutie debate and the JP fans are acting just like the RJ fans calling out anyone who does not think their god is real. They deny the bad plays, blame it on everyone else and when this fails attack the poster or start lablelling them. I will support the QB but not the fans with blinders on.

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 12:35 PM
And I also agree that the Bills are going to try and keep Clements. I am pretty sure they won't overpay though, and I have a sneaking suspiscion that someone else will.
Someone as in Dan Snyder. I'm sure Gregg Williams has already told Snyder he wants Clements at all costs. Hopefully Williams gets canned (because his players hate his guts) and/or Clements realizes what a crappy team the Redskins have and doesn't want anything to do with them. If it comes down to money, the Redskins basically have first dibs.

patmoran2006
11-28-2006, 03:36 PM
If Mularkey wasn't such an idiot and stunted JP's progress then this team may have been a playoff team this year.

Them final 5 games that Mularkey played Holcomb instead to try and get a couple more victories netted us a 1-4 record anyway.

Had JP had them games then he would be showing the leadership and progress he is now earlier in the season and well before we fell to a 2-5 record.
I agree.. BUT

Also, if JAURON wasnt an idiot and showed more confidence in Losman in that Indy game we could be 6-5 and right in the playoff race instead of the fringe looking in.

You can also say he took the game out of his hands against NE in week one as well.

Not all his fault though, Losman did blow the Jets game (in my mind) and he was BRUTAL against a sorry Detroit team.

Its amazing as young and inconsistent as this team has been, how EASILY they could be 7-4 or even 8-3 right now, isnt it?

DOnt think its any one thing though, just didnt get all three units and the coaches on the same page enough times before the past few weeks.

L.A. Playa
11-28-2006, 03:50 PM
well look at it this way if JP plays the last 5 games last year maybe he gets "it" a little quicker this year and the Bills pulls out 2 of the games they lost so far this year, the Bills would be 7-4 right now and really right in the middle of the playoff hunt

ShadowHawk7
11-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Unlike the idiot Mike Mularkey who wound up setting him back a year.

Indeed, if it wasn't for that fool, and JP started those games, we might be a win or two closer to the playoffs.

The_Philster
11-28-2006, 05:04 PM
That is not reality on this board.

Lots of people were posting that trying to win the game, no matter what QB was playing, was a bad idea and MM was trying to save his job. I could go search and bump the threads but the board does not need this.anyone not wanting to win games is no fan..higher draft slots guarantee only a higher salary

There have been plenty of posters who have said JP should play no matter what, no matter how bad he plays, no matter how it affects the game and he should not be pulled even if he is ineffective because I guess his ego is to fragile to handle it.His ego had nothing to do with it. A QB isn't going to learn to play by watching a mediocre backup take his snaps...a young QB improves by playing...as seen this season

There are lots of people who have double standards regarding QBs on this board - they claim it has to due with number of starts but it has more to do with the QB they support.not following you there

I do not support just one QB of the Bills and if a 3rd string QB comes off the bench and plays better than the royal one so be it.If he plays better, sure..but we have Holcomb, already shown to be worse than JP down the stretch last season...and he got worse this year...and then we have Nall who can't even surpass Holcomb on the depth chart
We went thru this with RJ / Flutie debate and the JP fans are acting just like the RJ fans calling out anyone who does not think their god is real. They deny the bad plays, blame it on everyone else and when this fails attack the poster or start lablelling them. I will support the QB but not the fans with blinders on.Looks like selective reading on your part...everyone's called out JP when he made mistakes...just that some people understand that a QB still developing is going to have growing pains...there are a few on each side with blinders on...like those who aren't happy with what he's shown the past few weeks

mikemac2001
11-28-2006, 09:51 PM

Ya the tweek is way better