PDA

View Full Version : The future of the NFL will involve a game every night......

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 04:18 PM
So the NFL now has thursday, Sat. sunday and monday games. I bet within the next few years friday, monday and tues will get their due. NFL will mean:

N- Neverending
F- Football
L- League

G. Host
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/182-1163987715.gif

No. It willl not happen for it bites the hand that feeds them players, the colleges. They may try to show them every night and try to require every station which shows the NFL to show the games 52 weeks of the year but they will not show it when colleges are playing.

BillsFever21
11-27-2006, 05:14 PM
I like having the extra games during the week. Face it the NFL just doesn't last long enough. And when you spend one session of the day watching the Bills game it doesn't leave you much of a chance to see many game during the week.

Out of 32 teams in the NFL you only get to see much time from 6 of them every week. I know in my case with my work schedule I mainly only get too see the Bills game and the Monday night game.

I get out of work at 8 and go to bed around 9-9:30. I get up at 12:30 and watch the Bills game and about the first half of the 2nd game and then I need to get a few more hours of sleep for the night of work ahead of me.

There are many other people in that same boat or others who work on Sunday's during the games. Not everybody gets weekends off. Having games on a Thursday, Saturday or both is nice to have if you enjoy football. It's not like the other sports where they play 7 months out of the year and each team plays 3+ games a week. If you miss a game then it's no big deal. There will be many chances to see other games.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2006, 05:16 PM
TIVO is another potential option for you as well. I think that you have to give time for sports shows to dissect every angle of the game and to realyl have a state of anticipation.

Bling
11-27-2006, 05:19 PM
They don't put games on Saturday or Friday to avoid stepping on the toes of High School and college football. They begin to do that when the regular season of college football is over.

I have no problem with the way they're doing it. As long as I don't have to buy the NFL Network to watch games. :ill:

BILLSROCK1212
11-27-2006, 06:42 PM
the NFL will become like baseball....Sunday is ment for football Monday is ment for that one day and Thursday is the day to get ready for the weekend...that Saturday **** is stupid and should only be used the last 2 weeks no tues or wed the last tues game was between the Eagles and Chiefs I believe and it was because there was a thunder storm on the originally scheduled day

BillsFever21
11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
TIVO is another potential option for you as well. I think that you have to give time for sports shows to dissect every angle of the game and to realyl have a state of anticipation.

I have DVR but I don't find watching the games as exciting after their finished as they are live.

Too much football isn't good. The strong point about football is the anticipation for the games every weekend. It's an event and not just another game like the other sports.

But one game on one more day of the week isn't an overkill. It will be nice and will satisfy you till Sunday.

Michael82
11-27-2006, 08:21 PM
oversaturation. :ill:

HotRod
11-28-2006, 02:55 PM
I would end up watching less football if it were on 3 or 4 times a week. It's easier to "take away" 1 day from family/work. Sunday is "my" day.