• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

9,000 Seats unsold

Stinks. At least I'll be there!

Kind of a front runner town. Last December the Sabres had 9,000 empty seats on any given night. Now they're sold out for the year and the "New" Sabres fans can't wait to tell you about how they don't care about the Bills.

Losers!

We have 2 pro sports teams in this town. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
    Resign our own guys!
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: 9,000 Seats unsold

Originally posted by Patrick76777
    Stinks. At least I'll be there!

Kind of a front runner town. Last December the Sabres had 9,000 empty seats on any given night. Now they're sold out for the year and the "New" Sabres fans can't wait to tell you about how they don't care about the Bills.

Losers!

We have 2 pro sports teams in this town. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
    I agree, you can support both teams at once, and I always have. But in all honesty, how many people in that area can afford to go to both Bills and Sabres games on the regular? I never managed to go to more than 2-3 of each in any given year.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Screw the SABURZFAN's.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

The Bills aren't long for Buffalo once Ralph kicks, especially with the lack of support we're seeing now. It's a shame, but if not for Ralph, the Bills would have been gone a long time ago.

The Sabres will stick as long as Golisano owns them.

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
          I agree, you can support both teams at once, and I always have. But in all honesty, how many people in that area can afford to go to both Bills and Sabres games on the regular? I never managed to go to more than 2-3 of each in any given year.

I don't buy that at all!

There's enough money around here. It's a BS excuse. The Bills have sold out for years now and then the Sabres get good and we can't get the last 7,000 to 9,000 seats?

Are you telling me that's the cap? Buffalo can only afford to sell out 41 Hockey games, 4 Bills games and 90% of the other 4 Bills games. We just can't get that last 10%?

I work with 4 huge sports fans here. Not one of them has been to a Bills game yet, but they have numerous Sabres games under thier belt.

It's about being a front runner! If the Sabres were average, the Bills would have sold out.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
            The Bills aren't long for Buffalo once Ralph kicks, especially with the lack of support we're seeing now. It's a shame, but if not for Ralph, the Bills would have been gone a long time ago.

I'm so sick of the moving crap! People can't wait to bring that BS up. It's a load of crap.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
              I don't buy that at all!

There's enough money around here. It's a BS excuse. The Bills have sold out for years now and then the Sabres get good and we can't get the last 7,000 to 9,000 seats?

Are you telling me that's the cap? Buffalo can only afford to sell out 41 Hockey games, 4 Bills games and 90% of the other 4 Bills games. We just can't get that last 10%?

I work with 4 huge sports fans here. Not one of them has been to a Bills game yet, but they have numerous Sabres games under thier belt.

It's about being a front runner! If the Sabres were average, the Bills would have sold out.
              Bills tickets are freaking cheap as hell!!! If anything I can't afford to go to more than 5 or so Sabres games in a year. I am embarrassed that we can't sell out this game against one of the best in the league. We pride ourselves as such great fans but then we pull crap like this. I am angry!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal

Stop talking out of your ass! You have no clue if they will move. With Schumer and other politicians already working with the league to keep the team here I would be VERY suprised if they left. You are another Buffalo Downer. **** the attitude of this town. It makes me sick!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

I prefer to watch sports on tv.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                    I prefer to watch sports on tv.
                    To each his own! I love going to the games!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      Bills tickets are freaking cheap as hell!!! If anything I can't afford to go to more than 5 or so Sabres games in a year. I am embarrassed that we can't sell out this game against one of the best in the league. We pride ourselves as such great fans but then we pull crap like this. I am angry!
                      I agree Thurm. Bills fans say they are the best in the NFL, yet they are the ONLY team to not sell out a game this year. If we want this team to stay, we must pack that stadium. That is what our claim is supposed to be, that the fans are rabid.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        To each his own! I love going to the games!
                        bf1 hates it when somebody stands up in front of him.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          I agree Thurm. Bills fans say they are the best in the NFL, yet they are the ONLY team to not sell out a game this year. If we want this team to stay, we must pack that stadium. That is what our claim is supposed to be, that the fans are rabid.
                          9000 seats... that is crazy!!!
                          I had more fun last week than I have in over a year!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            bf1 hates it when somebody stands up in front of him.
                            I would put soreco on my shoulders so he could see!

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

As a guy who lives in Florida & only has one trip to the Ralph under his belt, I envy all you guys that get to take the games for granted.

I'd love to be there live. Watching the game on TV is fun, but nothing beats the stadium atmosphere in Buffalo.

I find it odd that there are 9,000 blanks for a team in the playoff hunt.

What's the deal?
                              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                              X