PDA

View Full Version : 9,000 Seats unsold

Patrick76777
11-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Stinks. At least I'll be there!

Kind of a front runner town. Last December the Sabres had 9,000 empty seats on any given night. Now they're sold out for the year and the "New" Sabres fans can't wait to tell you about how they don't care about the Bills.

Losers!

We have 2 pro sports teams in this town. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

BlackMetalNinja
11-28-2006, 07:30 AM

Kind of a front runner town. Last December the Sabres had 9,000 empty seats on any given night. Now they're sold out for the year and the "New" Sabres fans can't wait to tell you about how they don't care about the Bills.

Losers!

We have 2 pro sports teams in this town. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I agree, you can support both teams at once, and I always have. But in all honesty, how many people in that area can afford to go to both Bills and Sabres games on the regular? I never managed to go to more than 2-3 of each in any given year.

mybills
11-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Screw the SABURZFAN's. :snicker:

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 07:36 AM
The Bills aren't long for Buffalo once Ralph kicks, especially with the lack of support we're seeing now. It's a shame, but if not for Ralph, the Bills would have been gone a long time ago.

The Sabres will stick as long as Golisano owns them.

Patrick76777
11-28-2006, 07:59 AM
I agree, you can support both teams at once, and I always have. But in all honesty, how many people in that area can afford to go to both Bills and Sabres games on the regular? I never managed to go to more than 2-3 of each in any given year.

I don't buy that at all!

There's enough money around here. It's a BS excuse. The Bills have sold out for years now and then the Sabres get good and we can't get the last 7,000 to 9,000 seats?

Are you telling me that's the cap? Buffalo can only afford to sell out 41 Hockey games, 4 Bills games and 90% of the other 4 Bills games. We just can't get that last 10%?

I work with 4 huge sports fans here. Not one of them has been to a Bills game yet, but they have numerous Sabres games under thier belt.

It's about being a front runner! If the Sabres were average, the Bills would have sold out.

Patrick76777
11-28-2006, 08:00 AM
The Bills aren't long for Buffalo once Ralph kicks, especially with the lack of support we're seeing now. It's a shame, but if not for Ralph, the Bills would have been gone a long time ago.

I'm so sick of the moving crap! People can't wait to bring that BS up. It's a load of crap.

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't buy that at all!

There's enough money around here. It's a BS excuse. The Bills have sold out for years now and then the Sabres get good and we can't get the last 7,000 to 9,000 seats?

Are you telling me that's the cap? Buffalo can only afford to sell out 41 Hockey games, 4 Bills games and 90% of the other 4 Bills games. We just can't get that last 10%?

I work with 4 huge sports fans here. Not one of them has been to a Bills game yet, but they have numerous Sabres games under thier belt.

It's about being a front runner! If the Sabres were average, the Bills would have sold out.
Bills tickets are freaking cheap as hell!!! If anything I can't afford to go to more than 5 or so Sabres games in a year. I am embarrassed that we can't sell out this game against one of the best in the league. We pride ourselves as such great fans but then we pull crap like this. I am angry!

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 08:22 AM

Stop talking out of your ass! You have no clue if they will move. With Schumer and other politicians already working with the league to keep the team here I would be VERY suprised if they left. You are another Buffalo Downer. **** the attitude of this town. It makes me sick!

LtBillsFan66
11-28-2006, 08:32 AM
I prefer to watch sports on tv.

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 08:33 AM
I prefer to watch sports on tv.
To each his own! I love going to the games!

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Bills tickets are freaking cheap as hell!!! If anything I can't afford to go to more than 5 or so Sabres games in a year. I am embarrassed that we can't sell out this game against one of the best in the league. We pride ourselves as such great fans but then we pull crap like this. I am angry!

I agree Thurm. Bills fans say they are the best in the NFL, yet they are the ONLY team to not sell out a game this year. If we want this team to stay, we must pack that stadium. That is what our claim is supposed to be, that the fans are rabid.

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2006, 08:35 AM

bf1 hates it when somebody stands up in front of him.

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 08:35 AM
I agree Thurm. Bills fans say they are the best in the NFL, yet they are the ONLY team to not sell out a game this year. If we want this team to stay, we must pack that stadium. That is what our claim is supposed to be, that the fans are rabid.
9000 seats... that is crazy!!!
I had more fun last week than I have in over a year!

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 08:36 AM
I would put soreco on my shoulders so he could see!

JoeMama
11-28-2006, 09:03 AM
As a guy who lives in Florida & only has one trip to the Ralph under his belt, I envy all you guys that get to take the games for granted.

I'd love to be there live. Watching the game on TV is fun, but nothing beats the stadium atmosphere in Buffalo.

I find it odd that there are 9,000 blanks for a team in the playoff hunt.

What's the deal?

LtBillsFan66
11-28-2006, 09:04 AM
I would put soreco on my shoulders so he could see!
:rofl: Thanks man.

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2006, 09:06 AM
As a guy who lives in Florida & only has one trip to the Ralph under his belt, I envy all you guys that get to take the games for granted.

I'd love to be there live. Watching the game on TV is fun, but nothing beats the stadium atmosphere in Buffalo.

You need to get your pansy ass up here again sometime.

Sack-up and come up here for a cold weather game in December so you can see what a freezing, frigid game is like.

Patrick76777
11-28-2006, 09:06 AM
9000 seats... that is crazy!!!
I had more fun last week than I have in over a year!

Same here! Tailgating was crazy last week.

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 09:08 AM

What's the deal?
Bunch of homos man. They need to get off their asses!

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Same here! Tailgating was crazy last week.
:hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 09:10 AM
:rofl: Thanks man.
Any time!

G. Host
11-28-2006, 09:23 AM

What's the deal?

Playoff hunt, no. You never want to say never as long as there is a chance like a previous Buffalo coach did but their is a playoff possibility if things go very riight and we go on a winning streak which Bills have not shown they are capible yet.

Maybe you can send money to sponsor a fan to go to the game? You do not need to go to the game by the way to buy a ticket - fans in DC have been doing that or years.

jamze132
11-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Check the stats on stadium capacity. And you will see that a Ralph Wilson Stadium that is 90% full is larger than a lot of stadiums that are sold out.

The Buffalo Bills are putting more fans in the seats that a few teams out there, reguardless whether or not we sell out. However, we would sell out more games if Donahoe didn't leave the team the way it was to Levy and Jauron. Once we start winning again, we will sell out.

JoeMama
11-28-2006, 09:42 AM
You need to get your pansy ass up here again sometime.

Sack-up and come up here for a cold weather game in December so you can see what a freezing, frigid game is like.

LOL!

I grew up in St. Louis so I'm accustomed to cold weather to some degree.

I was even OK at the Bills-Cards game in 2004. It was wet, windy, & overall, pretty damn cold.

But ultimately, my dream is to be at the Ralph during a snowstorm.

Remember that awesome win against the Fish in 2002 where Travis Henry racked up like 150 yards in the snow?

That's my ****ing dream game.

I'd freeze my ass off to experience one of those.

But hey, I'm in Florida wearing flip-flops & t-shirts in late November. Windows open all day. So I guess it's not all bad.

JoeMama
11-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Bunch of homos man. They need to get off their asses!

You gotta wonder.

My initital reaction to 9,000 blanks was, "FOR ****ING REAL?"

Is this what it's come down to for Bills fans?

If we can't even sell out a huge-ass game in a playoff push, I don't know what's up.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2006, 09:46 AM
DF= Franchise savior

RJ= Nail in coffin

JP= Hammer

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 09:48 AM
DF= Franchise savior

RJ= Nail in coffin

JP= Hammer
Are you going to the game?

JD
11-28-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm buying tickets with 3 friends after the DC trip for the Sabres game

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2006, 10:24 AM
DF= Franchise savior

RJ= Nail in coffin

JP= Hammer

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=114413

DF was no franchise savior. I guess I am not surprised you love the little PITA. You are one of those people that loved the midget more than the team.

Gunzlingr
11-28-2006, 10:46 AM
I would have seasons if I didn't live 1300 miles away.

JoeMama
11-28-2006, 10:58 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=114413

DF was no franchise savior. I guess I am not surprised you love the little PITA. You are one of those people that loved the midget more than the team.

LOL!

Actually, I can vouch for that.

Back in the the late 90's, I used to post on the AOL Buffalo Bills forum with TacklingDummy.

Although back then he went by the moniker DTAMichael.

I always got the impression he followed the Bills after Doug Flutie showed up. But again, that's just my take. It could be wrong.

One thing that TacklingDummy did nail was his warning about Tom Donahoe.

He basically called it the "Beginning of the Black Era" when Donahoe was signed.

Gotta give him credit for that.

Although, Donahoe's drafts were generally solid.

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm so sick of the moving crap! People can't wait to bring that BS up. It's a load of crap.

Stop talking out of your ass! You have no clue if they will move. With Schumer and other politicians already working with the league to keep the team here I would be VERY suprised if they left. You are another Buffalo Downer. **** the attitude of this town. It makes me sick!
Sorry gents but I USED to be one of the believers that the Bills would never move. After the new CBA however, I don't hold out any hope. Again this is based on what happens after Ralph dies and a new owner comes in.

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Sorry gents but I USED to be one of the believers that the Bills would never move. After the new CBA however, I don't hold out any hope. Again this is based on what happens after Ralph dies and a new owner comes in.
But you must admit that you really have no clue since you are just regular fan like the rest of us and have 0 inside info on the subject. It just annoys me when people who really have no clue act like they are authority on the matter. I on the other hand also have no clue but choose to believe that the team will stay.

Sorry Gent...

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 02:26 PM
TD probably has never even been to a football game...

SquishDaFish
11-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Ill be up there for the Miami game once I find tickets on the web. I cant friggen wait and It better be snowing.

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2006, 02:32 PM
You better meet up with us somewhere too......

The_Philster
11-28-2006, 02:45 PM
I look at it this way...we're seeing who the true fans are. People wanna bail out on the team...screw em...we have a strong finish this year, season tickets sales are going up and we won't miss the fairweather fans
We have 2 pro sports teams in this town. It doesn't have to be one or the other.:nerd: You can't count...there are 4 pro sports teams...Bills..Sabres...Bandits...Bisons. Maybe the Bandits and Bisons aren't among the top 4 sports leagues...but they are pro teams.

Earthquake Enyart
11-28-2006, 02:46 PM
TD probably has never even been to a football game...
Bet he played a lot of football without a helmet.

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 02:46 PM
But you must admit that you really have no clue since you are just regular fan like the rest of us and have 0 inside info on the subject. It just annoys me when people who really have no clue act like they are authority on the matter. I on the other hand also have no clue but choose to believe that the team will stay.

Sorry Gent...
It doesn't take inside information. It merely takes a realistic look at the situation.

First of all, the ONLY reason the Bills are still in Buffalo is because Ralph only invested $25K in the club initially and he cares about the region. Any profit he makes is gravy, meaning the $15-20M he makes a year if fine.

Fast forward to when Ralph dies and a new owner buys the team. By then the price of the team will be around $800M. And with the new CBA and the salary cap based on ALL revenue, not just shared, the new Bills' owner will have to dip-into what previously (i.e. pre-CBA) were paltry-but-satisfying profits for Ralph, just to field a competitive team. And we ALL know the people of Buffalo need a good team to show-up to games. So the $15-20M, in the face of $800M in debt for buying the team, doesn't look so hot. And raising ticket prices is a SURE way to drive away more fans.

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 02:55 PM
It doesn't take inside information. It merely takes a realistic look at the situation.

First of all, the ONLY reason the Bills are still in Buffalo is because Ralph only invested $25K in the club initially and he cares about the region. Any profit he makes is gravy, meaning the $15-20M he makes a year if fine.

Fast forward to when Ralph dies and a new owner buys the team. By then the price of the team will be around $800M. And with the new CBA and the salary cap based on ALL revenue, not just shared, the new Bills' owner will have to dip-into what previously (i.e. pre-CBA) were paltry-but-satisfying profits for Ralph, just to field a competitive team. And we ALL know the people of Buffalo need a good team to show-up to games. So the $15-20M, in the face of $800M in debt for buying the team, doesn't look so hot. And raising ticket prices is a SURE way to drive away more fans.

That is surely a negative way to look at things. It also is not guarantee either way.

"And we ALL know the people of Buffalo need a good team to show-up to games."

Here is a Gem. One non sell out that had over 63,000 fans in the face of not making the playoffs in going on a decade and now we ALL know that the team must be a winner for fans to show up. GIVE ME A BREAK!

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 02:56 PM

Another ****ing Realist..... :puke:

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey, I'm hoping I'm DEAD wrong on this one and that someone like Golisano buys the team and keeps them in Buffalo indefinitely. The above is just the way I see it playing out unless something drastically changes, like sharing more revenue among the owners.

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey, I'm hoping I'm DEAD wrong on this one and that someone like Golisano buys the team and keeps them in Buffalo indefinitely. The above is just the way I see it playing out unless something drastically changes, like sharing more revenue among the owners.
good for you.....

gr8slayer
11-28-2006, 09:47 PM
I do too but I live too far away :(

spacecowboy
11-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Did anyone see when the Jags played the Giants, it looked empty. Was that a sellout? Some chick behind me on Saturday was like, can you sit down, I can't see, wtf! Third down on defense, you are suppose to cheer and make noise right? Nextime, its back to the lower bowl for me. I'd love to go to every game but the drive home really sucks (3hrs+).

TacklingDummy
11-29-2006, 09:50 AM
LOL!

One thing that TacklingDummy did nail was his warning about Tom Donahoe.

He basically called it the "Beginning of the Black Era" when Donahoe was signed.

Gotta give him credit for that.

Although, Donahoe's drafts were generally solid.

What's up Joe Johnsonite...I mean Mama? Long time no see.

Besides nailing the Donahoe hiring as the Black Era I also nailed that Rob Johnson would be a bum.

Maybe I'll be wrong about JP. There's still a slim chance.

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 10:40 AM

Besides nailing the Donahoe hiring as the Black Era I also nailed that Rob Johnson would be a bum.

and you will be cheering for him to play badly so you can say I told you so. What a Bills fan you are... :puke:

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2006, 10:41 AM
He is a Flutie fan Thurm.

TacklingDummy
11-29-2006, 10:48 AM
He is a Flutie fan Thurm.

And Fluite played for the Bills for how long?
When's the last time Flutie put on a Bills uniform?

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Let it go Flutie hasn't even been on our team for 5 years....

TacklingDummy
11-29-2006, 10:52 AM

I agree. Why people still say "he's not a Bills fan, he's a Flutie fan" I'll never know.

Like you said DF has been gone for 5 years now.

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2006, 10:53 AM
DF= Franchise savior

RJ= Nail in coffin

JP= Hammer

Because you post drivel like this.......

Earthquake Enyart
11-29-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm starting to wonder if he's wearing a hairpiece. His do looks pretty bad on TV.

TacklingDummy
11-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Because you post drivel like this.......

That's not drivel.

DF has been credited for saving the Bills.

RJ did put a nail in coffin.

And if JP doesn't work out, we can probably kiss the Bills goodbye. = Hammer

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm starting to wonder if he's wearing a hairpiece. His do looks pretty bad on TV.
**** him!

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 11:02 AM
That's not drivel.

DF has been credited for saving the Bills.

RJ did put a nail in coffin.

And if JP doesn't work out, we can probably kiss the Bills goodbye. = Hammer
It is ******ed DRIVEL!!!

Earthquake Enyart
11-29-2006, 12:04 PM
It is ******ed DRIVEL!!!
So is 72% of the rest of the posts here.

If it weren't for you, Pat, and bf1 this place would sink faster than that gay site where "dude" came from.

ICE74129
11-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Screw the SABURZFAN's. :snicker: No ****.

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 12:17 PM
So is 72% of the rest of the posts here.

If it weren't for you, Pat, and bf1 this place would sink faster than that gay site where "dude" came from.
:bf1:

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2006, 12:30 PM
:rolleyes: Gee, your words are so hurtful to us EE.

What will we ever do without your approval?

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 12:31 PM
He is right though Lecter.......

Earthquake Enyart
11-29-2006, 12:50 PM
:rolleyes: Gee, your words are so hurtful to us EE.

What will we ever do without your approval?
Shrivel up and die?

The_Philster
11-29-2006, 03:35 PM
He is right though Lecter.......
not really

Goobylal
11-29-2006, 03:46 PM

Wow, a whole TWO times you were right and you expect anyone to respect your prediction on JP? :rolleyes:

As for "Flutie saving the franchise," he didn't, but that's the simple perception. His time in SD was an abject failure, proving that it was less him than the entire team. Those 1998-1999 teams had a lot of talent. After the 1999 season, cap troubles started, being their worst after the 2000 season.

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 05:55 PM
not really
Yes Really.

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Wow, a whole TWO times you were right and you expect anyone to respect your prediction on JP? :rolleyes:

As for "Flutie saving the franchise," he didn't, but that's the simple perception. His time in SD was an abject failure, proving that it was less him than the entire team. Those 1998-1999 teams had a lot of talent. After the 1999 season, cap troubles started, being their worst after the 2000 season.
What do you care the Bills are OUTTA here soon anyways.....

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 06:43 PM
They are saying on WGR that there are still 9000 tickets left for the game as of right now. DID NO ONE BUY ANY AT ALL THIS WEEK?

RIDICULOUS!

Goobylal
11-29-2006, 06:44 PM
What do you care the Bills are OUTTA here soon anyways.....
I'll care until they leave, which, as I said, I hope is never.

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 06:46 PM
I'll care until they leave, which, as I said, I hope is never.
What an UNREALISTIC post. You already know they are leaving!

Goobylal
11-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Nope, never said that, but please feel free to quote where I said "the Bils ARE leaving and there's nothing that can be done." I said they're probably going to be gone.

Nighthawk
11-29-2006, 07:18 PM

Losers!

I agree that we can support both teams at once. However, the Bills have done nothing for the past 7 years or so and fans have been filling those seats, even with the pathetic product they've been putting out on the field. Listen, 7 years is a pretty good amount of time to stay happy and content and put up with the garbage...I'm not surprised people are now not selling out the stadium. Does it suck, yes, is it uncalled for...NO. People are buying entertainment and the entertainment hasn't been very entertaining. I'm pretty sure that most people don't buy tickets to crappy movies when they know the movie is crap...why would you spend the money? This is the same thing, but the Bills are and have been given the benefit of the doubt for the past couple of years with the stadium being filled. Put an exciting product on the field (and no, I'm not talking about a 2 game winning streak) that people think can challenge for a playoff berth and people will get excited & buy tickets. The Bills best advertising is on the field and that aspect of the team has been lacking for some time. Sorry, but it's the cold, hard reality of the state of the Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 07:45 AM
GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND GET A TICKET PEOPLE!

JoeMama
11-30-2006, 09:48 AM

My main contention w/ RJ was that he deserved a shot so we could evaluate whether or not he was a capable starting quarterback.

Obviously the anti-RJ people were right all along.

And ultimately, I agreed w/ the decision to cut RJ after 2001. And I would've been ok w/ cutting him a year earlier since the 2000 season ended in such disastrous fashion.

scott51
11-30-2006, 10:06 AM

OMG! I didn't know that you were supposed to sit during the Bills games! I guess that explains the bleachers, I thought they were there for decorations!

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 10:08 AM
WE Stand in our section on all Defensive plays. The more you get near the 50 yard line the more uptight douchebags you will find!

scott51
11-30-2006, 10:12 AM
WE Stand in our section on all Defensive plays. The more you get near the 50 yard line the more uptight douchebags you will find!

I guess I haven't sat in those areas, actually I take that back. I was at the Miami game last year and some guy behind us left after the 1st quarter because he said he was tired of "idiots" screaming everytime the Bills did something right! I asked him why he bothered to buy a ticket and he wouldn't answer. He did complain to security who came and asked us what we were doing. We told the guy we were just cheering and the security guy was like, "yeah I know, I just have to make the jackass over there happy!"

I have NEVER left a Bills game and been able to talk normal! My voice usually takes 24-48 hours to recover!

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 10:19 AM
I guess I haven't sat in those areas, actually I take that back. I was at the Miami game last year and some guy behind us left after the 1st quarter because he said he was tired of "idiots" screaming everytime the Bills did something right! I asked him why he bothered to buy a ticket and he wouldn't answer. He did complain to security who came and asked us what we were doing. We told the guy we were just cheering and the security guy was like, "yeah I know, I just have to make the jackass over there happy!"

I have NEVER left a Bills game and been able to talk normal! My voice usually takes 24-48 hours to recover!
What a ****** that guy was. Douches like that make me sick. Holier than though idiots that think that everyone should cater to them. Why go to games if you don't want to cheer the team on? I am not saying you should be always standing and causing a scene all game long.

scott51
11-30-2006, 10:29 AM
What a ****** that guy was. Douches like that make me sick. Holier than though idiots that think that everyone should cater to them. Why go to games if you don't want to cheer the team on? I am not saying you should be always standing and causing a scene all game long.

Oh I agree 100%! I have been to games where there were people behind who stood from the National Anthem until the final whistle! I just don't get the people who come to games and sit and NEVER stand at all!

Goobylal
11-30-2006, 01:14 PM
GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND GET A TICKET PEOPLE!
Why? The Bills will never move.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Why? The Bills will never move.
Because I want the stadium full and loud for a matchup against the leagues best team...