PDA

View Full Version : FOXSports power rankings

JoeMama
11-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Love this write-up on the Bills.

"The hottest team in the AFC? Okay, maybe it’s the Dolphins, Chargers, or Ravens. But after those squads, you need look no further than up in Buffalo, where the Bills are suddenly winners of two straight, three of their last four, and only a game below .500. Sunday’s win over Jacksonville was a gritty one, with quarterback J.P. Losman leading the way once again. Losman, who looks part cast member of “The O.C.”, part Keanu Reeves body double, described his clutch fourth quarter 30-yard dart to Roscoe Parrish in classic Losman form in his post game chat with reporters: “It was pretty cool. Sometimes you've got to let it go, dude, and let players make the plays. I don't think many receivers could've caught that like he did.” The Bills are now a sleeping giant in the AFC Wildcard race, only two games behind Denver and Kansas City. Watch out for Buffalo down the stretch…dude."

LOL!

"Dude"

He also singles out the Bills in his headliner.

"For the first time all season, the top four spots in this week’s NFL Power Rankings belong to teams in the AFC. After yet another impressive fourth quarter comeback win on Sunday, the Chargers hold on to the top spot on the big grid. San Diego takes on J.P. Losman and the suddenly high flying Buffalo Bills this weekend. Winners of two straight themselves, don’t be shocked if Buffalo gives San Diego a run for its money."

Check it out.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

BillsNick
11-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Friggin Awesome, Dude. Just Friggin Awesome. :bf1:

Romes
11-28-2006, 10:09 AM
dude that was sweet! I'm stoked for this sunday. its gonna be gnarly!

:D

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Just saw that! :up: Buffalo is getting respect, I hope these guys keep it up.

mybills
11-28-2006, 10:14 AM
don’t be shocked if Buffalo gives San Diego a run for its money.[/i]"

I won't be, dude.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2006, 10:21 AM
The only way the Bills beat San Diego is if the 12th man shows up early!! It needs to be a playoff frenzy out there.

Can you imagine if the Bills win this game?!!

Kerr
11-28-2006, 10:21 AM
If it weren't bad enough people were comparing jp to rj, and now they put emphasis on "dude". Jp better watch out or there will be blind hatred for reminding them of rj and his southern california personality. Oh, too late.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 10:26 AM
The only way the Bills beat San Diego is if the 12th man shows up early!! It needs to be a playoff frenzy out there.

Can you imagine if the Bills win this game?!!

Yeah man, I'm psyched for the game against SD. We have hope if we can beat them. If SD looks past Buffalo, and LT doesn't have a field day on us, then we have a chance. Even if LT doesn't show up, I won't discount Philip Rivers, he is a great QB and he has the ability to win the game for SD if LT doesn't already. We really have to have a flawless gameplan, and we have to make sure we don't give up the big play on defense. If we can establish the running game with Willis and A-Train, with solid Defensive and Special Teams play, we could potentially pull this game out in a nail-biter.

Jimbuktu
11-28-2006, 10:54 AM
I am so FREAKING geared up for this game!

ShadowHawk7
11-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately, if we look back at the times we started garnering respect around the league is exactly when we laid a goose egg in the near future. A exception to this case would be the late 04' season where we almost made the playoffs. Let us hope for another one of those senarios.

You gotta BILL-ieve!

YardRat
11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately, if we look back at the times we started garnering respect around the league is exactly when we laid a goose egg in the near future. A exception to this case would be the late 04' season where we almost made the playoffs. Let us hope for another one of those senarios.

You gotta BILL-ieve!

I'd say the loss to Pittsburgh's JV team qualifies as laying a goose egg.

TigerJ
11-28-2006, 04:38 PM
If Buffalo did beat SD, they truly do deserve to be considered a playoff threat. That's a mighty big "if" at this point though.

gr8slayer
11-28-2006, 04:47 PM
I would still venture to say that fifteen is a little bit high. I think we are still around 20. Now if we beat the Chargers we are in the 15 range for sure.

The last buffalo fan
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
"You gotta BILL-ieve!"

I like it :dance: :bandwagon

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 05:17 PM
"You gotta BILL-ieve!"

I like it :dance: :bandwagon

LtBillsFan66
11-28-2006, 06:35 PM
We lost to #32 on the list. :ill:

!Papacrunk!
11-28-2006, 06:53 PM
I thought people used to think these rankings are silly and were never worth anything.

Bling
11-28-2006, 06:57 PM
I thought people used to think these rankings are silly and were never worth anything.

I was about to say that. Who really cares what power rankings say?

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2006, 07:30 PM
I don't put much stock in it and I don't think the Bills are better than a handful of those teams ranked below. But, it's nice to see someone in sports media showing us some love.