Buffalo's REAL Chances At the Playoffs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Buffalo's REAL Chances At the Playoffs..

If we beat San Diego, we have a SOLID shot at the playoffs. After we play San Diego, we have to play the Jets at their stadium. Which will be tough, but very doable. After we play the Jets, we have to face Miami, but we get home field in advantage. Once again Miami is a very beatable team, we have already beaten them once this year. After Miami, we face the Titans, which once again is a very beatable team. For the last game of the season, we have to face the Ravens AT Baltimore. You may be thinking, wow thats a tough game, Baltimore is on fire, but in reality, they are on fire and chances are they will secure homefield advantage by the time we play them. What does this mean? It means they will most likely be sitting their star players for this game, and instead having 2nd stringers take us on.

In conclusion, if we beat San Diego, we are over the hardest part of our schedule. From that point on, the teams will get easier. Expect Buffalo to make a serious push at the playoffs if we pull this game out this Sunday.
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Buffalo's REAL Chances At the Playoffs..

My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by imbondz
      I don't care if you think I'm smoking crank. This is a very real situation, obviously it is hypothetical. But if we beat SD, mark my words, we have a very legitimate shot at making the playoffs.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I will say this. I highly doubt we beat San Diego. However, if we do beat San Diego than I will definately join the playoff bandwagon because 10-6 will definately get you there and we could win our last 4 games with that kind of momentum!!

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Even if we win out there is no guarentee we will be in playoffs.
          I posted a thread about possibilities doing a lot of work on what needed to happen and I try not to be Cynical but the Bills started their rebirth, if that is what it is, too late.

What I do like is that there are lots of players getting experience and we are still a young team. Front office does not like negotating extensions mid-season but I think they should consider it for certain players while spirits are up.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
            Even if we win out there is no guarentee we will be in playoffs.
            I posted a thread about possibilities doing a lot of work on what needed to happen and I try not to be Cynical but the Bills started their rebirth, if that is what it is, too late.

What I do like is that there are lots of players getting experience and we are still a young team. Front office does not like negotating extensions mid-season but I think they should consider it for certain players while spirits are up.
            10-6, this year, will get us in. No doubt. However, us going 10-6 is a whole other story!!

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Beating San Diego would be the biggest win of the regular season.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Kerr
                Beating San Diego would be the biggest win of the regular season.
                This is true, but after San Diego, the rest of our schedule really isn't that bad at all.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  I will say this. I highly doubt we beat San Diego. However, if we do beat San Diego than I will definately join the playoff bandwagon because 10-6 will definately get you there and we could win our last 4 games with that kind of momentum!!
                  i feel the same way.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    This is true, but after San Diego, the rest of our schedule really isn't that bad at all.
                    i don't know how you can say that. The Dolphins have won 4 straight, the Ravens are 9-2, on a 5 game win streak. The Jets have already beaten us at home. The Jets are playing for a playoff bid, the Ravens are playing for home field advantage throughout, as well as are the Chargers.

We have one of the hardest schedules left.
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

if the Bills go 3-2 down the stretch they will finish 8-8 and im sure 95 % of the people on this board would have taken that before the year began

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i will say this.. every game that i thought we had no chance in.. we have won or come damn close..

new england - game 1.. i thought we were getting killed.. and i think if we had the oline playing like it is now in that game, we win.

indy - shame that lindell missed that kick, because it would have been a huge huge win and we would be on a 4 game winning streak right now and the playoffs would be a legit reality. so close..

jacksonville - i thought we would lose for sure.. i was wrong, thankfully.

it pisses me off that we couldnt sneak out one of those two losses.. or the jets game for that matter, but if we can play with those teams, we can play with san diego. i am starting to believe.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by imbondz
                          i don't know how you can say that. The Dolphins have won 4 straight, the Ravens are 9-2, on a 5 game win streak. The Jets have already beaten us at home. The Jets are playing for a playoff bid, the Ravens are playing for home field advantage throughout, as well as are the Chargers.

We have one of the hardest schedules left.

This is hypothetical, IF we can pull out a tough win against the Chargers, we are going to make a strong push at the playoffs, mark my words.

the Ravens are playing for home field advantage throughout
                          The Ravens are 9-2 right now, by the time they play Buffalo, they are most likely going to have home field advantage secured! So if we last till Baltimore, we will most likely be playing their backups.

The Jets have already beaten us at home.
                          The Jets game will be tough, like I said. But they are BEATABLE! We are a much different team since we played them the first time around, and I definately think we can split with them.

The Dolphins have won 4 straight
                          Miami has been doing better, but we have already beaten them once before, we can beat them again. It can also be noted that Ronnie Brown has been injured this year, and it could effect his ability. Also, Joey Harrington has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns this season. Miami is hot, but they are very beatable.

The Titans are a rebuilding team, they are starting to come together, but we definately have the ability to beat them also.

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

I don't think there is a team in the league that will win out the remainder of their schedule. If Buffalo beats Sand Diego, I'll be on cloud 9 and I won't even need thoughts of the playoffs to get me their.

Comment

• G. Host
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              Indy - shame that lindell missed that kick, because it would have been a huge huge win and we would be on a 4 game winning streak right now and the playoffs would be a legit reality. so close.. .
                              Indy would have played it different had they not been able to sit on the ball with a lead. It would have been a very different ending but still a loss.

This reminds me of the time travel stories where people think they can make one change and everything else remains the same except what they changed.

Comment

Working...
                              X