PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Mike Vick's gesturing...

RedEyE
11-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Has anybody commented on this yet? This guy just continues to disappoint. Flipping off his own fans is juts plain ******ed. If he thought things were tough before, wait until the shouts of "Schaub..Schaub...Schaub" start piercing the Georgia Dome. That's the direction things are headed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_g0T1TVLMQ

RedEyE
11-28-2006, 11:44 AM
And I certainly hope the league gets involved and fines him. I think Bryan Cox was fined when he flipped off Buffalo fans.

Yasgur's Farm
11-28-2006, 11:45 AM
My thoughts are...

1) Shaub will not be allowed to become a free agent.
2) Atlanta will trade Vick to the highest bidder in the AFC... Can you say Raiders?

LtBillsFan66
11-28-2006, 11:45 AM
It's a non-issue for me.

Ebenezer
11-28-2006, 11:47 AM
overpaid
overhyped
overrated
over in ATL.

Mr. Miyagi
Funny how the entire sports world is gunning for Matt Schaub, as if he's the savior for that team. The guy has played HOW MANY GAMES?? It'd be absolutely hilarious if the Birds got rid of Vick and put all their eggs in the Matt Schaub basket, and he turns out to be Patrick Ramsey. :snicker:

OpIv37
Cox got hit with a $10,000 fine- $5000 per finger.

With inflation and player salaries since Cox pulled his little stunt, I think we can expect at least a $10,000 fine.

Oh, and one key difference- Cox flipped off the fans of a division rival to taunt them. Vick flipped off his OWN HOMETOWN FANS.

OpIv37
11-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Funny how the entire sports world is gunning for Matt Schaub, as if he's the savior for that team. The guy has played HOW MANY GAMES?? It'd be absolutely hilarious if the Birds got rid of Vick and put all their eggs in the Matt Schaub basket, and he turns out to be Patrick Ramsey. :snicker:

given how many people are so excited about Schaub after so few games, I think Rob Johnson would be the more accurate comparision.

Mr. Miyagi
11-28-2006, 11:49 AM
RONNY MEXICO!!!!!!!!!

Ebenezer
11-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Vick is nothing to write home about.

Mr. Miyagi
11-28-2006, 11:51 AM
given how many people are so excited about Schaub after so few games, I think Rob Johnson would be the more accurate comparision.
Good ol fricking RJ and all those "flashes of brilliances". :snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
11-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Vick is nothing to write home about.
Atlanta could've had LaDainian Tomlinson AND Drew Brees. :lolpoint:Birds

Ebenezer
11-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Atlanta could've had LaDainian Tomlinson AND Drew Brees. :lolpoint:Birds
yup...and they traded a 1st for P Price...somebody should be fired.

Romes
11-28-2006, 11:55 AM
AJ Smith is laughing in San Diego right now, thats all I know. Their fans worship him.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't think Vick is the problem in Atlanta, to be perfectly honest. He is a good player, and a very unique talent at QB. Perhaps if Atlanta's WR's didn't drop the ball every other play, there wouldn't be such an issue over there. How many dropped passes did they have that game, 5-6? Even our WR's don't drop that many passes, and some of the throws were dead on the money!

RedEyE
11-28-2006, 11:57 AM
He's losing his fan base as quickly as he got him. Fans here are begining to call for his head on a stick. He's a glorified runner. Nothing more.

Check this out:
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>Atlanta Falcons</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>575</TD><TD>12.8</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>28</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>262</TD><TD>8.2</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>11</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Price is on mark this year to match his numbers as a #1 receiver in Atlanta 2004. It could be the receiver, but then again...

Name the last receiver in Atlanta to reach 1000 yards.

Mr. Miyagi
11-28-2006, 11:58 AM
yup...and they traded a 1st for P Price...somebody should be fired.
And dumped 1st rounders for chumps like Jenkins and White, oh oh oh and traded away power back Duckett for who - Ashley Lelie! :laughter:

Ickybaluky
11-28-2006, 12:00 PM
It is hard to imagine hiim being traded, given his contract.

He has a salary of $7.5M next year and it goes up every year thereafter (he signed a 10-year/$98M contract extension). Whoever was to trade for him wouldn't be getting a deal on the money, which would make it harder to deal him since a new contract would have to be worked out.

Also, he received $37M in bonus money with the deal, and there would probably be about $23M in dead money if they deal him. They might be able to defer some of that if they trade him after 6/1, but it would still be a huge cap hit.

Add to his contract the fact he is the face of the franchise and their entire marketing campaign is built around the guy, and it makes him that much more difficult to deal.

I'd be shocked if he is dealt. They will blow out the offensive coaching staff, or maybe even Mora, and bring in new coaches. That will defer the blame and allow the team to put off any disgruntled fans.

RedEyE
11-28-2006, 12:02 PM
It is hard to imagine hiim being traded, given his contract.

He has a salary of $7.5M next year and it goes up every year thereafter. Whoever was to trade for him wouldn't be getting a deal on the money, which would make it harder to deal him since a new contract would have to be worked out.

Also, he received $37M in bonus money with the deal, and there would probably be about $23M in dead money if they deal him. They might be able to defer some of that if they trade him after 6/1, but it would still be a huge cap hit.

Add to his contract the fact he is the face of the franchise and their entire marketing campaign is built around the guy, and it makes him that much more difficult to deal.

I'd be shocked if he is dealt. They will blow out the offensive coaching staff, or maybe even Mora, and bring in new coaches. That will defer the blame and allow the team to put off any disgruntled fans.

Oh, I agree. I think that Mora rides Vick to the bitter end.

Ebenezer
11-28-2006, 12:03 PM
He's losing his fan base as quickly as he got him. Fans here are begining to call for his head on a stick. He's a glorified runner. Nothing more..

some of us have been saying that since he got into the league...i heard one scout on the Rome show years ago - the guy can't hit the ocean standing on a pier.

RedEyE
11-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Imagine if Losman having done that just after losing to the Dolphins at home. Mayhem. Absolute mayhem.