PDA

View Full Version : Bills D

HotRod
11-28-2006, 01:23 PM
After reading the following article (posted on front page), I'm encouraged that Fletcher admits that they were disappointed in some of their play against Jax. I'm hoping that means that they will bring their "A" game against SD.

I also hope that Jauron & Fewell won't wait until half time to tell them they are getting sloppy.

However, the Bills have slipped to 21st in total yards allowed per game (338.9) and 26th in run defense (135.2) and are playing on borrowed time. Another defensive performance like the ones they have turned in the last two weeks will likely prove disastrous against the high-flying San Diego Chargers, who bring the highest-scoring offense in the NFL (32.5 points per game) to Ralph Wilson Stadium Sunday.

Buffalo couldn't stop the Jaguars on the ground, and then when it came down to crunch time it couldn't stop anything Jacksonville did as underwhelming quarterback David Garrard marched his team 62 yards in less than three minutes to the tying touchdown.

"It's really disappointing for me as a defensive player," said Buffalo's leading tackler, linebacker London Fletcher. "We had them fourth-and-14 and we allowed (Garrard) to run for 16 yards. We weren't happy about what happened. We're excited about the end result, but we know we have to do better."

To defensive coordinator Perry Fewell's credit, the Bills made decent enough halftime adjustments in both games to shore up the leaky run defense. Houston rushed for just 53 second-half yards and the Jaguars had 73.

"We told them they were missing tackles and missing fits again," Jauron said of Sunday's halftime speech. "To win again consistently, you have to be disciplined. You have to take care of your job on every single snap. When you have a back as good as Fred Taylor and Jones-Drew, those are two really good backs. You cannot give them any yards because they get yards on their own. We were giving away yards in that game."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061128/SPORTS03/611280321/1021

justasportsfan
11-28-2006, 01:33 PM
last year we were one of the worst 2nd half teams in the nfl. So far we've been doing well coming out for the 2nd half.

We cannot afford the same first half against the best offense SD. They are gonna score everytime we give them a chance to. They are the kind of team that will make you pay for your mistakes.

51 - 3 bills :D.

HotRod
11-28-2006, 01:50 PM
It IS great to finally see the team not give up and roll belly up like a dead fish - after the opponent scores. It looks like the players are finally starting to play with some pride - I only hope that we're competitive against SD.

Maybe they could start their 2nd or 3rd string? :D