PDA

View Full Version : JP's emergence

patmoran2006
11-28-2006, 03:29 PM
If Losman continues to show signs of being a real NFL quarterback like he's clearly done the last two weeks (anyone who says he hasnt impressed the last few weeks is a clown and not a Bills fan)...

It will make the off-season a lot better off for this team... NOt having to invest the big bucks or draft choice on a QB gives them even further opportunity to address resigning Clements and Fletch (which I now think they'd be crazy to not try and bring back, they are CLEARLY the best two defenders on the team)-- as well as a couple of new linemen.

On the ASSUMPTION that what Losman is doing right now is as real as it seems it is; I think getting Fletch and Nate back become priority one; and we can spend a lot more money on a RT, possibly a LG and at least one new DT (Williams is solid but not an everydown starter)

On the side: I think Duke Preston is earning a starting spot beyond just this year.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2006, 03:39 PM
It will make the off-season a lot better off for this team... NOt having to invest the big bucks or draft choice on a QB gives them even further opportunity to address resigning Clements and Fletch (which I now think they'd be crazy to not try and bring back, they are CLEARLY the best two defenders on the team)-- as well as a couple of new linemen.

I have been frickin saying this since before the season started. Finally people are getting the concept of improving on other areas of the team and not wasting FAs or the draft on QBs!!

We won't get the opportunity to keep Clements. No way!! However, I have to believe that the Bills will make every effort possible to resign Fletcher.

The big question mark is Spikes. I have to believe that his contract is getting renegotiated or he's gone. Preston, Gandy and Pennington, at this point are good backups. We need to really bring in some studs if we want to do better than losing a wild card game. Kelsay, Denney and Anderson are all worthy of backup rolls. We need some real mean and meat on the DL!!!

OpIv37
11-28-2006, 03:44 PM
seriously, I think it's too early to say JP has emerged, but the signs are definitely good.

One other thing: what about Willis? It looks like we'll have a lot of cap space, but so will a lot of other teams and the FA market is thin this year. If we don't re-sign Clements, I think we should try to lock up Willis. My only concern is the effort he'll put in after he gets his payday.

Devin
11-28-2006, 03:50 PM
While I hope for the sake of the Bills JP continues his strides, because it makes for easier decisions in the offseason, its a bit early.

At any rate, resigning fletch and Nate have to be priorities. Fletch is probably realistic however I dont think Ralph or Marv for that matter will be so eager to part with the 50-55 million it will take for Nate.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 03:58 PM
About freaking time you come through. Welcome aboard.

TigerJ
11-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Like HHuricane, I've been thinking about this for a long time. The main reason I've rooted for JP was not because he has nice hair and looks like Adam Sandler. It's because if JP is a bust, Buffalo is back to square one in its search for a quality starting QB. I knew Kelly Holcomb was not it and I wasn't tioo sure about Nall either. I figured it was either JP or someone who was not on the roster yet. Not feeling obligated to sign a high priced free agent or pick a QB on day one of the draft is huge for the rebuilding process. What if it turns out both Duke Preston and Terrence Pennington can play in this league? And both Clements and Flether re-sign? Then where do you go with that first pick in the draft? OLB to replace the currently not very effective TKO? Another DT? A stud TE?

YardRat
11-28-2006, 04:41 PM
I've never thought, or will regardless of how JP pans out, that next year's first-round pick should be used on a QB.

Clements is priority #1 this off-season, as far as I'm concerned, Fletcher #2, McGahee down the list.

We're going to need a younger, bigger, faster MLB eventually if we're going to continue with the Tampa 2.

gr8slayer
11-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Losman is starting to look like a first round pick but he still has a way to go.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Losman is starting to look like a first round pick but he still has a way to go.

Couldn't agree more. But he has definately bought himself more time over the past couple of weeks.

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Preston a starter? I watched him this past week and he was brutal. He is the new weak link on the line.

As for RT, give Pennington some time. I am not read to give up on him yet.

justasportsfan
11-28-2006, 05:10 PM
seriously, I think it's too early to say JP has emerged, but the signs are definitely good.

One other thing: what about Willis? It looks like we'll have a lot of cap space, but so will a lot of other teams and the FA market is thin this year. If we don't re-sign Clements, I think we should try to lock up Willis. My only concern is the effort he'll put in after he gets his payday.
I'm not ready to pay Willis just yet. He's underachieving IMO.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 05:15 PM

I definately think Willis deserves to be resigned, as long as its at proper value.

justasportsfan
11-28-2006, 05:27 PM
I definately think Willis deserves to be resigned, as long as its at proper value.
he hasn't been a consistent weapon. Maybe it's the OL, maybe it's him or a combination of both. If all he is, is a ball control type of rb, we have that in A-Train. He's nothing more than what Henry was for us except that he can catch better than Henry but A-Train does it as well as Willis.

He's got til the end of the season to impress anyone. Next year is his contract year. Rosenass is his agent. I'm almost sure he's gonna ask for a lot. I just hope Willis remembers that the bills took a cahnce on him and his knee.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Preston a starter? I watched him this past week and he was brutal. He is the new weak link on the line.

Smartest post of the day!! The OL is far from being a "playoff caliber" line. Preston, Gandy and most likely Pennington are all backup material. We are dreaming if we think we can go into next season with the same crew and expect to be a playoff team!!

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 05:57 PM
he hasn't been a consistent weapon. Maybe it's the OL, maybe it's him or a combination of both. If all he is, is a ball control type of rb, we have that in A-Train. He's nothing more than what Henry was for us except that he can catch better than Henry but A-Train does it as well as Willis.

He's got til the end of the season to impress anyone. Next year is his contract year. Rosenass is his agent. I'm almost sure he's gonna ask for a lot. I just hope Willis remembers that the bills took a cahnce on him and his knee.

OL, maybe it's him or a combination of both. If all he is, is a ball control type of rb, we have that in A-Train. He's nothing more than what Henry was for us except that he can catch better than Henry but A-Train does it as well as Willis.

He is not a home run hitter type of back, but he is a consistent 4 ypc type back. Sure he is averaging a little under 4.0 ypc ( 3.9ypc average actually.. ), but A-Train was averaging under 3.0 ypc in his 2 starts (2.9 ypc..). Not only can Willis run the ball better than A-Train, he can catch better also. If we were to get an elite OL infront of Willis, he could be a feature/franchise RB. A-Trains start in Willis's absence proves to me, that Willis is more to this team than any of us know.

SABURZFAN
11-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Smartest post of the day!! The OL is far from being a "playoff caliber" line. Preston, Gandy and most likely Pennington are all backup material. We are dreaming if we think we can go into next season with the same crew and expect to be a playoff team!!

though we still need to address the OL,they haven't looked too bad the last couple of weeks.

OpIv37
11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm not thrilled with him either, but I'm also not thrilled with the prospect of adding RB to the list of off-season needs.

ublinkwescore
11-28-2006, 06:56 PM

If he's our new weak link, then I'm loving what I see already.

ublinkwescore
11-28-2006, 07:04 PM

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt if they maintain this level of play for the rest of this season - even moreso if the Baltimore game isn't meaningless for baltimore (say Indy loses again or something)...

though I'd still have a very heavy OL and DL FA and draft.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Willis is world better than A Train. No contest. Whether he wants to stay in Buffalo is another story. I don't believe in throwing money at a guy so he would stay even if he hates to be in Buffalo. Does Willis hate Buffalo? I don't know, at least I don't think so yet. He'll always be the #1 nationally recognized guy if he stays in Buffalo which might be appealing to him.

Fletcher might be in the chasing money mood. And he's smart, too. I heard in one of the interviews that he compares himself to Sam Mills and believes he can play as long as Mills did. Right there I think he's looking for a $6 mil signing bonus as he said he thinks he can be effective for another 6 years.

I do, however, think that we need a dominant/top of the line linebacker there in this Tampa two defense as someone said earlier. As much as everyone hopes for a run stuffer DT, I think the Bills might do with a LB because in this system you do have leaks as far as running lane goes. You want a LB who's strong enough to fight off a guard and who's fast enough to get to the RB to clean up behind the charging defensive tackles. In fact I won't be surprised to see them picking a LB with their first pick next April.

Clements, on the other hand, had to be their #1 priority. He just gives Jauron and Fewell so much flexibility on defense. His experience, physical ability, and top one-on-one coverage skills allow the Bills to put an extra body in the box if they have trouble with run defense or to neutralize any particular top WR.

patmoran2006
11-28-2006, 07:44 PM

What game were you watching? Preston played great Sunday

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2006, 07:46 PM
He got brutally bull-rushed at least 2-3 times. One time was right in front of me.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Preston and Pennington are backups. Just because our offense is starting to click, doesn't mean we should neglect our OL further. We need to get a big FA or restock the pond with draft picks, if you will.

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Pennington might develop into a starter. He is a rookie 7th round pick.

Give the guy some time.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 09:25 PM

Give the guy some time.

Meh, whatever. I just don't like watching our QB get killed. If a quality replacement comes along, we need to snatch it.. Plus he got killed against Indy & Green Bay, he is way too slow to stop speed rushers, imo. As long as we keep winning games though, I don't care if he is starting or not.

mikemac2001
11-28-2006, 09:49 PM
ive liked losman since we drafted him

Kerr
11-29-2006, 08:22 AM
I think the #1 priority in the offseason is figuring out how fix the run defense.

Lee-83
11-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Clements can leave, Thomas, Greer, and Youboty will be able to fill the gap.
Fletch is a must re-sign!

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Thomas, Greer and Youboty can't fill Nate's role. Thomas is FA as well, btw.

Saratoga Slim
11-29-2006, 09:48 AM

Give the guy some time.

If the season ended today, I'd be looking for at least one starting Guard (sign one FA and draft a good prospect) and a RT.

But the season doesn't end today. As you note, Pennington may prove that he's a starter. He's got the prototypical physical attributes, from what I've read the knock has been that he's raw. Well, the one cure for raw is playing time, and he's getting it. I'm all for letting him play out the season and see how he progresses. That's what's going to happen anyway.

Same thing with Gandy and Preston I guess. Though I think that even if they're playing well at the end of the season I'd draft a solid Guard prospect to throw in the mix.

Saratoga Slim
11-29-2006, 09:59 AM
I also agree with the point of this thread. If JP keeps looking like he's getting it over the next 5 games, not having to look for a QB makes our offseason shopping a whole lot easier.

feelthepain
11-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Gosh what a shame Willis and your ST's are shoved aside in you're desperate desire to make JP a starter in this league.

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Gosh what a shame Willis and your ST's are shoved aside in you're desperate desire to make JP a starter in this league.

Sorry dude, JP is a starter. Get used to it.

feelthepain
11-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Sorry dude, JP is a starter. Get used to it.
Well no one can accuse the Bills of being serious about winning.

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2006, 10:38 AM
lol!

OK, whatever man. The kid is doing fine for a young QB from a small school.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Clements can leave, Thomas, Greer, and Youboty will be able to fill the gap.
Fletch is a must re-sign!
These guys can't even unseat McGee who gotten burned a lot this year. and you think they and just take Clements job?

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Notice how fTP started posting more and talking smack after the fish started winning. Typical troll.

Here's an example of someone who's football ret@rded,
Well no one can accuse the Bills of being serious about winning.

Culppeper over Brees? :roflmao:

feelthepain
11-29-2006, 10:54 AM
lol!

OK, whatever man. The kid is doing fine for a young QB from a small school.

Seriously, you can't tell me after three years in the league and being a first round pick that cost you more then that, he shouldn't be much farther along then he is!?!?!? I mean look at Philip Rivers, he's sat until this year never getting the snaps in practice that JP has. Rivers is making plays with his head more then anything else. Also look at Vince Young and Matt Leinart, you wouldn't rather have both those QB's?? It's not like either of those guy's are in better position to win then JP, but they are both far more talented then JP. Say what you like, but there is no way in hell JP can muster a 21 point comeback against the worst team in the league much less one with a winning record. But look at the poise and pocket presence of Vince Young and Matt Leinart. JP has none of that and has been sacked what, 32 times this year??? It's more then just the Oline, it's the indcision, some guys just don't get it. Atleast you have a chance at the Stanley Cup!!!!

BillsNick
11-29-2006, 11:13 AM

If he keeps running like he did last Sunday, I would gladly pay him. He looked like a different back.

though we still need to address the OL,they haven't looked too bad the last couple of weeks.

Good Post. I agree :up:

I'm not thrilled with him either, but I'm also not thrilled with the prospect of adding RB to the list of off-season needs.

We can most likely find a decent back in the middle rounds of the draft.

Philagape
11-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Seriously, you can't tell me after three years in the league and being a first round pick that cost you more then that, he shouldn't be much farther along then he is!?!?!?

And how many years has Joey been in the league and still has a LOOOONNGG way to go? :funny:

I mean look at Philip Rivers, he's sat until this year never getting the snaps in practice that JP has. Rivers is making plays with his head more then anything else. Also look at Vince Young and Matt Leinart, you wouldn't rather have both those QB's?? It's not like either of those guy's are in better position to win then JP, but they are both far more talented then JP. Say what you like, but there is no way in hell JP can muster a 21 point comeback against the worst team in the league much less one with a winning record. But look at the poise and pocket presence of Vince Young and Matt Leinart. JP has none of that and has been sacked what, 32 times this year??? It's more then just the Oline, it's the indcision, some guys just don't get it. Atleast you have a chance at the Stanley Cup!!!!

See what kind of stupidity results from not watching games?

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 11:29 AM
If he keeps running like he did last Sunday, I would gladly pay him. He looked like a different back.
Just like JP, he as to be consistent.

Yasgur's Farm
11-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Also look at Vince Young and Matt Leinart, you wouldn't rather have both those QB's??Let's explore your question...

Leinart - 69.6 pass rating, 55.0%, 6.47 yds/att, 2.6% td, 3.3% int
Young - 63.9 pass rating, 49.1%, 5.70 yds/att, 3.4% td, 3.4% int
Losman - 84.1 pass rating, 63.8%, 6.92 yds/att, 3.4% td, 2.8% int

None of these stats are based on number of games played.

All signs point toward Losman troll...

:scratch: What did you base your observations on?

feelthepain
11-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Let's explore your question...

Leinart - 69.6 pass rating, 55.0%, 6.47 yds/att, 2.6% td, 3.3% int
Young - 63.9 pass rating, 49.1%, 5.70 yds/att, 3.4% td, 3.4% int
Losman - 84.1 pass rating, 63.8%, 6.92 yds/att, 3.4% td, 2.8% int

None of these stats are based on number of games played.

All signs point toward Losman troll...

:scratch: What did you base your observations on?

Well considering there are two rookies and one veteran in those stats above, I'd say that's pretty sad for JP, because there really isn't much of a difference in those stats. And what about Philip Rivers??? He has less starts then JP?? What did I base my obsevation on??? The fact that you are using the stats you chose like there's a huge difference, and where are the sacks??? JP has 32, I'll bet none of the other three have even close to that many. I love how Bill fans try as hard as they can to justify JP, when there isn't one single team in this league that would trade their starter and in many cases their backup for JP.

Yasgur's Farm
11-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Well considering there are two rookies and one veteran in those stats above, I'd say that's pretty sad for JP, because there really isn't much of a difference in those stats. JP compares to rookies right where one would expect

14.5 (or 20.8%) better in passer rate
8.8% (or 16.0%) better in completion percentage
.45 yds (or 7.0%) better in yards per attempt
tied in td percentage
.5% (oe 15.2%) better in interception percentage

And what about Philip Rivers??? He has less starts then JP??
What about Roethlisberger?
What abot Eli Manning?
What about your vets Culpepper and Joey?

What did I base my obsevation on??? The fact that you are using the stats you chose like there's a huge difference,
Feel free to publish any stats of your choosing... As I stated in my post, I chose stats that were not contingent on number of games played.

... and where are the sacks??? JP has 32, I'll bet none of the other three have even close to that many.
But honestly, if all you can find is number of sacks to back up your point, your hurting.

I love how Bill fans try as hard as they can to justify JP, when there isn't one single team in this league that would trade their starter and in many cases their backup for JP.
And I love how you fish fans feel the need to troll our board and bash our QB who has outperformed every QB the fins have fielded since Marino. :moon:

feelthepain
11-29-2006, 12:58 PM
JP compares to rookies right where one would expect

14.5 (or 20.8%) better in passer rate
8.8% (or 16.0%) better in completion percentage
.45 yds (or 7.0%) better in yards per attempt
tied in td percentage
.5% (oe 15.2%) better in interception percentage
He does????? JP compares right where you would expect??? Dude you're joking right??? God this stupid post doesn't even desreve a response, but you'll get one. Neither of the two rookies didn't nor haven't started a full season this year like JP, JP's numbers should be "at least" slightly better. The sad part is sacks don't count against your QB rating or JP would be somewhere around 42. And BTW, JP's QB rating is the only "decent" stat he ownes. You want to get picky?? How many 21 oint comback games does JP have??? None, I'll guarantee had JP been the QB in Tenn last week against the Giants they never would have won that game...GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!

What about Roethlisberger?
What abot Eli Manning?
What about your vets Culpepper and Joey?
What about them?? All of them have had winning records in this league, what about JP, two of them have been to the playoffs and one of them has a SB ring. all four of them at some point or another have lead their tema to a winning record.........all except, JP!!!

Feel free to publish any stats of your choosing... As I stated in my post, I chose stats that were not contingent on number of games played.
I am, the ones above are all you need to know, JP is a career loser. Never has he lead a team to a winning record.....NEVER!!!! What other stats matter???

But honestly, if all you can find is number of sacks to back up your point, your hurting.

Gee if I'm not mistaken sacks are important and that's like what 250 - yards of O??? I believe it is, but lets not discuss that, because it wouldn't be fair to who????You??? Also wins, int's and fumbles, all the intangables that come with any QB. "JP" needs to win games, he hasn't, because he can't. Once in a while??....Well hell, even Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch won a few games.

And I love how you fish fans feel the need to troll our board and bash our QB who has outperformed every QB the fins have fielded since Marino. :moon:
Are you frikin serious??? Gus Freotte was a much better QB in Miami then JP has ever been in his life and Gus was here for just one season, Joey is a better QB just ofver the past 7 weeks and Jay Fiedler was a better QB then JP, so get over yourself and your weak link.

Yasgur's Farm
11-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Gus Freotte?
You mean 75.3 career passer rate Gus Freotte?
You mean 71.9 passer rate with Miami Gus Freotte?
You mean 55% career completion percentage Gus Freotte?
You mean 52% completion percentage with Miami Gus Freotte?

BTW... It's Frerotte not Freotte.

Let's have a look at Mr Fiedler shall we?

77.1 career passer rating. 58.7% career completion percentage.
79.7 Miami passer rating, 58.4% Miami completion percentage

You keep blathering on with "OPINIONS" and "FEELINGS". I show stats to back up my points. The only facts you've supplied are hand picked extremes.

Right here, right now JP is rated the 12th best QB in the NFL. For your understanding, let me put it in southern text... Them's not "FEELINGS" or "OPINIONS". Thems O-FISH-ALL NFL gauges.

feelthepain
11-29-2006, 01:16 PM
You keep blathering on with "OPINIONS" and "FEELINGS". I show stats to back up my points. The only facts you've supplied are hand picked extremes.

Right here, right now JP is rated the 12th best QB in the NFL. For your understanding, let me put it in southern text... Them's not "FEELINGS" or "OPINIONS". Thems O-FISH-ALL NFL gauges.

Oh gee where am I not giving you stats back??? Are wins stats??? Are sacks stats, Are int's stats, Are fumbles stats??? Yes they are all stats, and who cares where JP is ranked, he has done the least of all QB's that have started all 11 games and less then some that have started less games. I don't care how much you love JP I dare you to find one team that would want JP beside your Bills. No other team in the league would be starting JP, HE'S A JOKE.

mysticsoto
11-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Notice how fTP started posting more and talking smack after the fish started winning. Typical troll.

Here's an example of someone who's football ret@rded,

Culppeper over Brees? :roflmao:

You got that right. I was just thinking that the board had been really peaceful despite a so-so season so far. And then I remembered it was b'cse the Dolphins were doing just as bad, and the trolls like FTP were hiding away under their rocks...until recently atleast.

The sad part is, he still can't talk crap. We have the same record and the Bills are about where most thought we'd be while the Fins are WAY off from their "superbowl" contention, divisional contention or even playoff contention now!!!

As for FTP's judgement on how JP is doing...when we have someone whose judgement led him to believe that AJ Feeley would be the starting QB for the Fins for years to come and that he'd have (easily) a better rating than JP...this is all we need to know about FTP's ability to judge QBs or anything football related for that matter.

Yasgur's Farm
11-29-2006, 01:44 PM
... who cares where JP is ranked, he has done the least of all QB's that have started all 11 games and less then some that have started less games.This was last week in another post... It takes into account all QB's who had started a minimum of 10 games as of last week...

Of the 25 QB'S that have played a minimum of 10 games...
JP is 10th in passer rating ahead of these 15...

Grossman
Alex Smith
Delhomme
Favre
Kitna
McNair
Eli Manning
Pennington
Vick
Frye
Brad Johnson
Plummer
Gradkowski
Walter
Shaub

JP is 9th in completion percentage ahead of these 16...

Brad Johnson
Kitna
Pennington
Alex Smith
McNair
Brady
Delhomme
Eli Manning
McNabb
Favre
Grossman
Plummer
Gradkowski
Vick
Walter
Shaub

JP is 10th in yards per attempt ahead of these 15...

Brady
Alex Smith
Carr
Pennington
Eli Manning
Delhomme
Favre
Brad Johnson
McNair
Plummer
Vick
Frye
Walter
Gradkowski
Shaub

JP bested these 13 QB's in all 3 of these stats.

Alex Smith
Pennington
Eli Manning
Delhomme
Favre
Brad Johnson
McNair
Plummer
Vick
Frye
Walter
Gradkowski
Shaub

JP bested these 3 QB's in 2 out of 3 of these stats.

Kitna
Grossman
Brady

Obviously JP ranks 10th among the 25 QB's who have played at least 10 games.
I don't care how much you love JP I dare you to find one team that would want JP beside your Bills. No other team in the league would be starting JP, HE'S A JOKE.Damn... I lost my blackberry. I have lunch with Marv tomorrow. Perhaps he'll be kind enough to get me the contact info for all the GM's.

I'll get back with you big guy.

jmb1099
11-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Wow...FTP Utterly owned! I mean seriously owned. This has got to be one of the worst cases of being owned I've ever seen.

Wraith
11-29-2006, 01:56 PM
He does????? JP compares right where you would expect??? Dude you're joking right??? God this stupid post doesn't even desreve a response, but you'll get one. Neither of the two rookies didn't nor haven't started a full season this year like JP, JP's numbers should be "at least" slightly better. The sad part is sacks don't count against your QB rating or JP would be somewhere around 42. And BTW, JP's QB rating is the only "decent" stat he ownes. You want to get picky?? How many 21 oint comback games does JP have??? None, I'll guarantee had JP been the QB in Tenn last week against the Giants they never would have won that game...GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!

What about them?? All of them have had winning records in this league, what about JP, two of them have been to the playoffs and one of them has a SB ring. all four of them at some point or another have lead their tema to a winning record.........all except, JP!!!

I am, the ones above are all you need to know, JP is a career loser. Never has he lead a team to a winning record.....NEVER!!!! What other stats matter???

Gee if I'm not mistaken sacks are important and that's like what 250 - yards of O??? I believe it is, but lets not discuss that, because it wouldn't be fair to who????You??? Also wins, int's and fumbles, all the intangables that come with any QB. "JP" needs to win games, he hasn't, because he can't. Once in a while??....Well hell, even Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch won a few games.

Are you frikin serious??? Gus Freotte was a much better QB in Miami then JP has ever been in his life and Gus was here for just one season, Joey is a better QB just ofver the past 7 weeks and Jay Fiedler was a better QB then JP, so get over yourself and your weak link.

1) "Never" had led a team to a winning record?

What about leading Tulane to a 7 - 5 record in 2002 including a Bowl victory?

2) "J.P. needs to win games, he hasn't," but "Gus Freotte was a much better QB in Miami"?

What the f&*@ are you smoking?1 What games did Ol' Gus win for the Dolphins. J.P. Losman has "won" more games for the Bills in the last two weeks than Gus has won for his team in his entire career.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 02:06 PM
You got that right. I was just thinking that the board had been really peaceful despite a so-so season so far. And then I remembered it was b'cse the Dolphins were doing just as bad, and the trolls like FTP were hiding away under their rocks...until recently atleast.

The sad part is, he still can't talk crap. We have the same record and the Bills are about where most thought we'd be while the Fins are WAY off from their "superbowl" contention, divisional contention or even playoff contention now!!!

As for FTP's judgement on how JP is doing...when we have someone whose judgement led him to believe that AJ Feeley would be the starting QB for the Fins for years to come and that he'd have (easily) a better rating than JP...this is all we need to know about FTP's ability to judge QBs or anything football related for that matter.
Everything the fins do are always better than us as far as FTP is concerend. From Feeley to Bennie .

In fairness to the other finfans, FTP does not represent them. He's even laughed at on FH. He's their resident homer AKA the village idiot . He's football stupid proven by his post here.

Talking football with him is useless .

feelthepain
11-29-2006, 02:08 PM
This was last week in another post... It takes into account all QB's who had started a minimum of 10 games as of last week...

JP is 10th in passer rating ahead of these 15...

Grossman
Alex Smith
Delhomme
Favre
Kitna
McNair
Eli Manning
Pennington
Vick
Frye
Brad Johnson
Plummer
Gradkowski
Walter
Shaub

JP is 9th in completion percentage ahead of these 16...

Brad Johnson
Kitna
Pennington
Alex Smith
McNair
Brady
Delhomme
Eli Manning
McNabb
Favre
Grossman
Plummer
Gradkowski
Vick
Walter
Shaub

JP is 10th in yards per attempt ahead of these 15...

Brady
Alex Smith
Carr
Pennington
Eli Manning
Delhomme
Favre
Brad Johnson
McNair
Plummer
Vick
Frye
Walter
Gradkowski
Shaub

JP bested these 13 QB's in all 3 of these stats.

Alex Smith
Pennington
Eli Manning
Delhomme
Favre
Brad Johnson
McNair
Plummer
Vick
Frye
Walter
Gradkowski
Shaub

JP bested these 3 QB's in 2 out of 3 of these stats.

Kitna
Grossman
Brady

Obviously JP ranks 10th among the 25 QB's who have played at least 10 games.Damn... I lost my blackberry. I have lunch with Marv tomorrow. Perhaps he'll be kind enough to get me the contact info for all the GM's.

I'll get back with you big guy.

Uh huh, isn't it funny how all you care about is JP's one and only "decent" stat??? No it isn't funny, it's typical. I hope you enjoy all the wins that passer rating has gotten you, BTW how many wins can you put on JP during this season?? One??? You must be proud.

gr8slayer
11-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Uh huh, isn't it funny how all you care about is JP's one and only "decent" stat??? No it isn't funny, it's typical. I hope you enjoy all the wins that passer rating has gotten you, BTW how many wins can you put on JP during this season?? One??? You must be proud.
The words of a defeated man, woman, whatever you are.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 02:22 PM

BWAHAHAHA! Owned again. :stupid:

gr8slayer
11-29-2006, 02:23 PM
BWAHAHAHA! Owned again. :stupid:
Owned does not describe it.

Yasgur's Farm
11-29-2006, 02:25 PM
This FTP is Moe Ron.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Owned does not describe it. I have to be nice to people with a disability (FTP is paralyzed from the neck up ) so I can get some of the stuff on my Xmas wish. :D

mysticsoto
11-29-2006, 02:36 PM

How pathetic that FTP tries to ignore passer ratings which is directly attributable to the QB and his throwing, and instead pin the team's wins/losses on JP as if that all rests on JP's shoulders...I guess you get used to it when you have a current QB (Harrington) who is getting wins b'cse of a strong defense play and their scoring and not b'cse he himself has high passer ratings. Sacks and interceptions all count toward how bad JP is...but FTP doesn't mention that JP has less interceptions (8) than Joey (11). And given that Joey started later in the season - makes that number even more pathetic!

Philagape
11-29-2006, 02:42 PM
You know, there are some fans of other teams, even rivals, that come here and carry an intelligent conversation, that don't present complete fictions as arguments, that can form opinions based on substance and evidence, and can make what they say relevant and respectable because they're not just being idiot homers for their teams who talk like drunken ******s on the verge of passing out at the end of the bar.

And then there's ............

Goobylal
11-29-2006, 04:05 PM
FTP is a blowhard fool. If any of you remember, I schooled him prior to the season about what a failure Culpepper (you wanna talk about SACKS?!) would be. It's no wonder we laugh in his face when he continues to assess QB's, especially when it comes to Bills' QB's given his incredible anti-Bills bias.

The fact is, JP has shown in 2 years LESS, more than Harrington ever will. As I said in another post, Harrington has a MUCH better TE, a comparable RB, and a better group of WR's, and yet his QB rating is well below JP's. Sure he takes less sacks. BFD, and JP's only taken 2 sacks the past 2 weeks, and zero against one of the better defensive fronts in the NFL.

As for Leinart, he's won 1 game, despite having an all-pro RB and WR's. Give JP those weapons and he's leading the league in passing. As for Young, he's looking like a special player. Guess what? The Bills had NO chance to get him, just like they had no chance to get Rivers.

And finally, WRT Rivers, check out HIS RB, TE, O-line, and WR's. Again, if JP had those...

BillsFever21
11-29-2006, 11:46 PM
All it will take is one bad game or hell even a lose by Buffalo in which JP wasn't very bad and the same people will say it's time to draft another QB next April.