• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

JP's emergence

If Losman continues to show signs of being a real NFL quarterback like he's clearly done the last two weeks (anyone who says he hasnt impressed the last few weeks is a clown and not a Bills fan)...

It will make the off-season a lot better off for this team... NOt having to invest the big bucks or draft choice on a QB gives them even further opportunity to address resigning Clements and Fletch (which I now think they'd be crazy to not try and bring back, they are CLEARLY the best two defenders on the team)-- as well as a couple of new linemen.

On the ASSUMPTION that what Losman is doing right now is as real as it seems it is; I think getting Fletch and Nate back become priority one; and we can spend a lot more money on a RT, possibly a LG and at least one new DT (Williams is solid but not an everydown starter)

On the side: I think Duke Preston is earning a starting spot beyond just this year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: JP's emergence

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    It will make the off-season a lot better off for this team... NOt having to invest the big bucks or draft choice on a QB gives them even further opportunity to address resigning Clements and Fletch (which I now think they'd be crazy to not try and bring back, they are CLEARLY the best two defenders on the team)-- as well as a couple of new linemen.
    I have been frickin saying this since before the season started. Finally people are getting the concept of improving on other areas of the team and not wasting FAs or the draft on QBs!!

We won't get the opportunity to keep Clements. No way!! However, I have to believe that the Bills will make every effort possible to resign Fletcher.

The big question mark is Spikes. I have to believe that his contract is getting renegotiated or he's gone. Preston, Gandy and Pennington, at this point are good backups. We need to really bring in some studs if we want to do better than losing a wild card game. Kelsay, Denney and Anderson are all worthy of backup rolls. We need some real mean and meat on the DL!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

seriously, I think it's too early to say JP has emerged, but the signs are definitely good.

One other thing: what about Willis? It looks like we'll have a lot of cap space, but so will a lot of other teams and the FA market is thin this year. If we don't re-sign Clements, I think we should try to lock up Willis. My only concern is the effort he'll put in after he gets his payday.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

While I hope for the sake of the Bills JP continues his strides, because it makes for easier decisions in the offseason, its a bit early.

At any rate, resigning fletch and Nate have to be priorities. Fletch is probably realistic however I dont think Ralph or Marv for that matter will be so eager to part with the 50-55 million it will take for Nate.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

About freaking time you come through. Welcome aboard.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Like HHuricane, I've been thinking about this for a long time. The main reason I've rooted for JP was not because he has nice hair and looks like Adam Sandler. It's because if JP is a bust, Buffalo is back to square one in its search for a quality starting QB. I knew Kelly Holcomb was not it and I wasn't tioo sure about Nall either. I figured it was either JP or someone who was not on the roster yet. Not feeling obligated to sign a high priced free agent or pick a QB on day one of the draft is huge for the rebuilding process. What if it turns out both Duke Preston and Terrence Pennington can play in this league? And both Clements and Flether re-sign? Then where do you go with that first pick in the draft? OLB to replace the currently not very effective TKO? Another DT? A stud TE?
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I've never thought, or will regardless of how JP pans out, that next year's first-round pick should be used on a QB.

Clements is priority #1 this off-season, as far as I'm concerned, Fletcher #2, McGahee down the list.

We're going to need a younger, bigger, faster MLB eventually if we're going to continue with the Tampa 2.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Losman is starting to look like a first round pick but he still has a way to go.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                  Losman is starting to look like a first round pick but he still has a way to go.
                  Couldn't agree more. But he has definately bought himself more time over the past couple of weeks.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Preston a starter? I watched him this past week and he was brutal. He is the new weak link on the line.

As for RT, give Pennington some time. I am not read to give up on him yet.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      seriously, I think it's too early to say JP has emerged, but the signs are definitely good.

One other thing: what about Willis? It looks like we'll have a lot of cap space, but so will a lot of other teams and the FA market is thin this year. If we don't re-sign Clements, I think we should try to lock up Willis. My only concern is the effort he'll put in after he gets his payday.
                      I'm not ready to pay Willis just yet. He's underachieving IMO.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        I'm not ready to pay Willis just yet. He's underachieving IMO.
                        I definately think Willis deserves to be resigned, as long as its at proper value.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          I definately think Willis deserves to be resigned, as long as its at proper value.
                          he hasn't been a consistent weapon. Maybe it's the OL, maybe it's him or a combination of both. If all he is, is a ball control type of rb, we have that in A-Train. He's nothing more than what Henry was for us except that he can catch better than Henry but A-Train does it as well as Willis.

He's got til the end of the season to impress anyone. Next year is his contract year. Rosenass is his agent. I'm almost sure he's gonna ask for a lot. I just hope Willis remembers that the bills took a cahnce on him and his knee.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            Preston a starter? I watched him this past week and he was brutal. He is the new weak link on the line.

As for RT, give Pennington some time. I am not read to give up on him yet.
                            Smartest post of the day!! The OL is far from being a "playoff caliber" line. Preston, Gandy and most likely Pennington are all backup material. We are dreaming if we think we can go into next season with the same crew and expect to be a playoff team!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              he hasn't been a consistent weapon. Maybe it's the OL, maybe it's him or a combination of both. If all he is, is a ball control type of rb, we have that in A-Train. He's nothing more than what Henry was for us except that he can catch better than Henry but A-Train does it as well as Willis.

He's got til the end of the season to impress anyone. Next year is his contract year. Rosenass is his agent. I'm almost sure he's gonna ask for a lot. I just hope Willis remembers that the bills took a cahnce on him and his knee.
                              OL, maybe it's him or a combination of both. If all he is, is a ball control type of rb, we have that in A-Train. He's nothing more than what Henry was for us except that he can catch better than Henry but A-Train does it as well as Willis.
                              He is not a home run hitter type of back, but he is a consistent 4 ypc type back. Sure he is averaging a little under 4.0 ypc ( 3.9ypc average actually.. ), but A-Train was averaging under 3.0 ypc in his 2 starts (2.9 ypc..). Not only can Willis run the ball better than A-Train, he can catch better also. If we were to get an elite OL infront of Willis, he could be a feature/franchise RB. A-Trains start in Willis's absence proves to me, that Willis is more to this team than any of us know.

Comment

Working...
                              X