PDA

View Full Version : Terrence Metcalf? NFLdraftcountdown.com new Mock Draft!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
11-28-2006, 09:31 PM
The Bills are extremely excited about the potential of Jason Peters, who they recently signed to a long-term contract extension, but Mike Gandy was moved inside to guard and they are now starting rookie seventh round pick Terrence Metcalf on the other side. Arguably the best player on what have been some very talented Trojan offensive lines, Baker is the premier left tackle prospect in the junior class and he would more than likely be a very high pick should he opt to enter the draft early. Depending on how J.P. Losman develops down the stretch quarterback could be an option too but Baker would help complete Buffalo's offensive line makeover.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 09:33 PM
lmao. On a serious note, I wouldn't be against Baker in the 1st round. USC is a great school, and isn't Baker a RT? That means he protected Leinarts blind side. ( Leinart is lefthanded.. )

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 09:50 PM
A lot will depend on how PENNINGTON develops at RT. If he looks like a keeper, the Bills don't need to draft an OT, much less a LT like Baker is reported to be. They can pickup some guards in FA or draft 'em later. If anything, I'd go for a center in the 2nd.

Kenny
11-28-2006, 09:53 PM
If the Peters keeps playing the way he's playing, I dont think we need to go with OL in the first round (unless we're picking very late in the round).

If we're in the top 15, I wouldnt mind going for Poz (LB from Penn State). Other than that maybe concentrate on getting the best CB (not sure we're going to re-sign Clements, and Youboty hasnt done anything at all this year) or going for the best DT (our run D is terrible).
And other than Adams who will probably go top10, is there another pass rusher worth taking high?

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 09:54 PM
A lot will depend on how PENNINGTON develops at RT. If he looks like a keeper, the Bills don't need to draft an OT, much less a LT like Baker is reported to be. They can pickup some guards in FA or draft 'em later. If anything, I'd go for a center in the 2nd.

Wait.. Let me get this straight. You wan't Pennington to start, and you wan't a 2nd round center to replace Fowler???

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Wait.. Let me get this straight. You wan't Pennington to start, and you wan't a 2nd round center to replace Fowler???
I said it will depend on how Pennington looks. He's got 5 more games to show he's worth keeping at RT. As for the 2nd round center, I'm thinking high-2nd rounder as I don't know if there's a first-round talent center. But if there is, I wouldn't mind them trading back-in to get him. I think Fowler is decent but a dominating center is what the Bills need. They missed-out on Mangold, although I still think the McCargo pick was warranted.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2006, 10:03 PM
I said it will depend on how Pennington looks. He's got 5 more games to show he's worth keeping at RT. As for the 2nd round center, I'm thinking high-2nd rounder as I don't know if there's a first-round talent center. But if there is, I wouldn't mind them trading back-in to get him. I think Fowler is decent but a dominating center is what the Bills need. They missed-out on Mangold, although I still think the McCargo pick was warranted.

Fowler is a good player, JP mentioned him and Gandy specifically in his press conference. Plus when you watch him on tape, he does his job, usually its our guards that make him look bad, imo. We oughta resign Gandy, draft or get a RG in FA, and draft or get a RT in FA. I'm sure one of our linemen will get injured, and Preston, Merz or Pennington will pick up experience that way.

Devin
11-28-2006, 10:06 PM
I honestly would rather see OL addressed via FA. If the Line continues to improve and Pennington/Peters settle in at OT, id rather see us pickup a OG in FA.

That would afford us to look at anyone of our other gaping holes. Like maybe a legit #2 WR, or a CB to replace Nate or perhaps.....god forbid a DLman.

Devin
11-28-2006, 10:07 PM
I also thing Merz is gonna eventually be a stud at OG, perhaps even winning a starting job next season.

Goobylal
11-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Fowler is a good player, JP mentioned him and Gandy specifically in his press conference. Plus when you watch him on tape, he does his job, usually its our guards that make him look bad, imo. We oughta resign Gandy, draft or get a RG in FA, and draft or get a RT in FA. I'm sure one of our linemen will get injured, and Preston, Merz or Pennington will pick up experience that way.
Fowler is decent. But he's not dominant. And I wouldn't be so quick to replace Pennington. I too would also like to see more of Merz. I see Gandy leaving for a LT position/money, because the LT market is weak and he has started at/has a taste for LT/money.

Kenny
11-29-2006, 12:57 AM
Fowler is decent. But he's not dominant. And I wouldn't be so quick to replace Pennington. I too would also like to see more of Merz. I see Gandy leaving for a LT position/money, because the LT market is weak and he has started at/has a taste for LT/money.

With him being nothing more than a turnstile this year at LT, I doubt he'll get many offers unless he wants to take a backup role somewhere.

LtFinFan66
11-29-2006, 01:39 AM
I discount any mock that does not have Troy Smith going in the first round. Just my opinion

djjimkelly
11-29-2006, 02:15 AM
jamrcus russel 7th overall LMFAO this guy is on CRACK!!!!!

Devin
11-29-2006, 02:34 AM
Troy Smith has dropped in almost every mock, some as low as the third round. While Russell has in fact been rising.

I dont believe Russell is quite top 10 material but he has steadily improved each year and will likely be a 1st rounder or earlier 2nd rounder.

A lot of it has to do with size. On draft day anything can happen of course, but I would venture to say Smith will likely go somewhere between middle of the 2nd to probably late second.

LtFinFan66
11-29-2006, 02:41 AM
He will go in the 1st...then again I am a Buckeye homer and have watched him play alot

tat2dmike77
11-29-2006, 02:46 AM
Troy Smith has dropped in almost every mock, some as low as the third round. While Russell has in fact been rising.

I dont believe Russell is quite top 10 material but he has steadily improved each year and will likely be a 1st rounder or earlier 2nd rounder.

A lot of it has to do with size. On draft day anything can happen of course, but I would venture to say Smith will likely go somewhere between middle of the 2nd to probably late second.

If that is true and troy continues his great play in the NFL then whichever team drafts him in the 2nd round will get a steal.

LtFinFan66
11-29-2006, 02:49 AM
If that is true and troy continues his great play in the NFL then whichever team drafts him in the 2nd round will get a steal.:hi5: Grab him in the 2nd Fins :up:

Devin
11-29-2006, 02:50 AM
He will go in the 1st...then again I am a Buckeye homer and have watched him play alot

I dont doubt his talent at all but Troy Smith falls dangerously close to the Eric Crouch/Jason White category. Outstanding college QB that may not translate to NFL QB.

Strengths:

Arm Strength; the deep ball is a specialty. Has very sound mechanics and snaps the ball from the ear to maximize RPMs. Sets feet up extremely well and releases ball at highest point. Shows excellent promise running the ball as well and can make plays on the go. Teams have rallied around him and is the unquestioned leader of his team.

Weaknesses:

Size is a big concern. Is under 6 feet and could really be exposed at the combine. Is a 5th year senior and may have reached his peak of play. Has had character problems in the past.

Projection:
Has the arm and feet for the NFL, but not the size. Will find himself in the 2nd tier of quarterbacks taken in April, around the 2nd round. Could be a good QB after learning for a few years, but at this point looks like a great college QB who may have to wait a while for his turn.

Another decent write up:

Negatives:
As athletically gifted as Smith is, he is rather small for a QB, with some reports of his height being as low as 5' 11”, although his generally accepted height is the still rather short 6' 1”. His lean frame won't lend him well to the sheer pounding of the NFL. Another concern is his accuracy; one cannot help but notice his receivers adjust and even abandon routes to get to one of many balls that he throws off-target.
Also, in his year and a half of starting prior to the 2006 season, Smith had a tendency to take off and run a bit more often than you like to see for an NFL prospect. While he has cut down on that dramatically in 2006, it's still something to keep in the back of your mind, as there have been a number of occasions where Smith starts to make that break, then changes his mind and hauls off a pass.

Overview:
Troy Smith is a bit of an oddity as a draft prospect. On one hand, he seems very polished, picking apart defenses and making a name for himself. On the other, he seems very raw, with an occasionally wild arm, and periodic strange decisions. However, with his strong play and significant exposure, expect several teams to look at him high in the draft, as he looks like he could almost be in a John Elway type of mold. The fact that it's a very shallow-looking draft pool at QB should help his case considerably as well.

Obviously nothing is set in stone of course, the kid could come into the NFL and light it up for the next decade. Thats the thing about the NFL draft, you truly never know. Brohm dropped from a top 10 pick to the end of the 1st round. I think Quinn is probably the only given at this point in time as far as QB's go.

LtFinFan66
11-29-2006, 02:55 AM
Guess I missed the inaccurate part and receivers adjusting to catch his bad passes in the 6 or so games I have on my DVR. You don't complete 67% of your passes being inaccurate:idunno:

tat2dmike77
11-29-2006, 02:57 AM
:hi5: Grab him in the 2nd Fins :up:

Well if that happens you know he will blow out his knee in preseason

It will be kijana carter all over again.

Besides if anyone drafts Troy it would most likely be Oakland, Philly (with the possibility of McNabb being out for a year or longer could be a good fit) Buffalo (i'm not sold on JP yet) Baltimore (lets face it McNair is not getting any younger. Besides Smith and Mcnair are almost similar coming out of college) Cleveland (Does anyone think Frye is the answer?) Chicago (this depends on how grossman finishes the season of course)

jamze132
11-29-2006, 04:27 AM
I would like for us to sign the best O-lineman in FA and adjust our line accordingly. If we can get the best LT out there, then by all means move Peter's back to RT. I would like to see a TE drafted with our first pick or a run stopping DT.

Lee-83
11-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Pennington's been holding his own, and unless he really struggles down the stretch, I wouldn't take a tacke with our 1st pick, guard/dtackle/mlb (if fletch leaves) should be our main focus!

mysticsoto
11-29-2006, 08:51 AM
I would like for us to sign the best O-lineman in FA and adjust our line accordingly. If we can get the best LT out there, then by all means move Peter's back to RT. I would like to see a TE drafted with our first pick or a run stopping DT.

Peters is doing great and you want to move him back to RT? If you take a look at the FA list and who will be available next year, you will find that there are slim pickings. And if those slim pickings were any good, they would have been kept by their teams. Peters is doing great and is relatively cheap for us for the outstanding job he is currently doing for us at LT. Leave him there and give Pennington a chance to develop at RT. I think RG is our biggest position of worry on the Oline.

You want to draft a TE with our 1st pick? Are you nuts? With all the holes we have, TE is the last thing we should be thinking about. Until we solidify our defense to be able to stop the run, we will never get very far in a season! A run stopping DT is much more important - and maybe even a fast/strong replacement for Fletcher who may be gone soon. TKO hasn't returned 100% and we have to be wary that he may never return to his awesome 100%. That's an important consideration we have to keep in mind - especially since b'cse our Dline is not the strongest in the world and is geared more for disruption and penetration, there will be plenty of occasions for the LBs to have to come up and make a stop on a run.

On the whole, I'd say DT/LB are the most important. This pre-supposes that we resign Clements - otherwise we have to throw in a CB there. A tall/fast WR to replace Peerless is probably next on the list - unless we feel Wilson can cut it at #2. I don't know how good his routes are yet, but I do know that he catches almost everything thrown within 3 ft of his person...

Of course all of this invariably depends on who is available at the time when our turn comes. You want to get your money's worth also...so best player available sometimes comes into play.

Elminster
11-29-2006, 08:59 AM
I would like for us to sign the best O-lineman in FA and adjust our line accordingly. If we can get the best LT out there, then by all means move Peter's back to RT. I would like to see a TE drafted with our first pick or a run stopping DT. You think LTs better than Peters hit the free-agent market? Their teams show them the money in a big way....and I have difficulty picking out a more dominant young tackle than Peters anyways. How old is he....26? 27 tops, I'm thinking. No need to move him, just keep him. Maybe you keep Gandy, you definitely keep Fowler, and probably Pennington. Maybe Preston....haven't seen him play yet. Let Merz take Gandy's job eventually. We may just have a good line here...let it jell.

Oh, and IMO, we should snag a wide out in the first, or a TE...don't matter, so long as we get a big, tough target to help Evans out. Definitely try and resign Nate, but I'd rather do a Vincent sort of deal with some one and ease Youboty into the job than go out and draft another corner so high. When was the last-time a Buckeye defensive back didn't tear it up in the NFL? In any case, keeping Nate is ideal because then we can exile McGee to nickelback, where he belongs. He still makes his paycheck returning kicks anyhow...and Roscoe is at least an explosive as a returnman anyways....

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 09:38 AM
I honestly would rather see OL addressed via FA. .

Same here. If we are gonna make a push for the playoffs next year, a rookie isn't gonna help much unless he's a beast like D'Brick. Let's not forget that the bills still have Butler. Unless Pennington turns out to be an idiot , I think McNally is gonna make him his next project because of his size, reach and athletic abilty which is why he's starting ahead of Butler.

ublinkwescore
11-29-2006, 10:38 AM
As soon as we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, we need to get Youboty on the field along with Merz and others to see what they can really do - let them know that they're playing for their future with the Bills.