Terrence Metcalf? NFLdraftcountdown.com new Mock Draft!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Terrence Metcalf? NFLdraftcountdown.com new Mock Draft!!!!

The Bills are extremely excited about the potential of Jason Peters, who they recently signed to a long-term contract extension, but Mike Gandy was moved inside to guard and they are now starting rookie seventh round pick Terrence Metcalf on the other side. Arguably the best player on what have been some very talented Trojan offensive lines, Baker is the premier left tackle prospect in the junior class and he would more than likely be a very high pick should he opt to enter the draft early. Depending on how J.P. Losman develops down the stretch quarterback could be an option too but Baker would help complete Buffalo's offensive line makeover.

• PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Terrence Metcalf? NFLdraftcountdown.com new Mock Draft!!!!

lmao. On a serious note, I wouldn't be against Baker in the 1st round. USC is a great school, and isn't Baker a RT? That means he protected Leinarts blind side. ( Leinart is lefthanded.. )

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

A lot will depend on how PENNINGTON develops at RT. If he looks like a keeper, the Bills don't need to draft an OT, much less a LT like Baker is reported to be. They can pickup some guards in FA or draft 'em later. If anything, I'd go for a center in the 2nd.

Comment

• Kenny
        • Aug 2004

If the Peters keeps playing the way he's playing, I dont think we need to go with OL in the first round (unless we're picking very late in the round).

If we're in the top 15, I wouldnt mind going for Poz (LB from Penn State). Other than that maybe concentrate on getting the best CB (not sure we're going to re-sign Clements, and Youboty hasnt done anything at all this year) or going for the best DT (our run D is terrible).
        And other than Adams who will probably go top10, is there another pass rusher worth taking high?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Goobylal
          A lot will depend on how PENNINGTON develops at RT. If he looks like a keeper, the Bills don't need to draft an OT, much less a LT like Baker is reported to be. They can pickup some guards in FA or draft 'em later. If anything, I'd go for a center in the 2nd.
          Wait.. Let me get this straight. You wan't Pennington to start, and you wan't a 2nd round center to replace Fowler???

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
            Wait.. Let me get this straight. You wan't Pennington to start, and you wan't a 2nd round center to replace Fowler???
            I said it will depend on how Pennington looks. He's got 5 more games to show he's worth keeping at RT. As for the 2nd round center, I'm thinking high-2nd rounder as I don't know if there's a first-round talent center. But if there is, I wouldn't mind them trading back-in to get him. I think Fowler is decent but a dominating center is what the Bills need. They missed-out on Mangold, although I still think the McCargo pick was warranted.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

I said it will depend on how Pennington looks. He's got 5 more games to show he's worth keeping at RT. As for the 2nd round center, I'm thinking high-2nd rounder as I don't know if there's a first-round talent center. But if there is, I wouldn't mind them trading back-in to get him. I think Fowler is decent but a dominating center is what the Bills need. They missed-out on Mangold, although I still think the McCargo pick was warranted.
              Fowler is a good player, JP mentioned him and Gandy specifically in his press conference. Plus when you watch him on tape, he does his job, usually its our guards that make him look bad, imo. We oughta resign Gandy, draft or get a RG in FA, and draft or get a RT in FA. I'm sure one of our linemen will get injured, and Preston, Merz or Pennington will pick up experience that way.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

I honestly would rather see OL addressed via FA. If the Line continues to improve and Pennington/Peters settle in at OT, id rather see us pickup a OG in FA.

That would afford us to look at anyone of our other gaping holes. Like maybe a legit #2 WR, or a CB to replace Nate or perhaps.....god forbid a DLman.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

I also thing Merz is gonna eventually be a stud at OG, perhaps even winning a starting job next season.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    Fowler is a good player, JP mentioned him and Gandy specifically in his press conference. Plus when you watch him on tape, he does his job, usually its our guards that make him look bad, imo. We oughta resign Gandy, draft or get a RG in FA, and draft or get a RT in FA. I'm sure one of our linemen will get injured, and Preston, Merz or Pennington will pick up experience that way.
                    Fowler is decent. But he's not dominant. And I wouldn't be so quick to replace Pennington. I too would also like to see more of Merz. I see Gandy leaving for a LT position/money, because the LT market is weak and he has started at/has a taste for LT/money.

Comment

• Kenny
                      • Aug 2004

Fowler is decent. But he's not dominant. And I wouldn't be so quick to replace Pennington. I too would also like to see more of Merz. I see Gandy leaving for a LT position/money, because the LT market is weak and he has started at/has a taste for LT/money.
                      With him being nothing more than a turnstile this year at LT, I doubt he'll get many offers unless he wants to take a backup role somewhere.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

I discount any mock that does not have Troy Smith going in the first round. Just my opinion

Comment

• djjimkelly
                          • Apr 2003

jamrcus russel 7th overall LMFAO this guy is on CRACK!!!!!

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Troy Smith has dropped in almost every mock, some as low as the third round. While Russell has in fact been rising.

I dont believe Russell is quite top 10 material but he has steadily improved each year and will likely be a 1st rounder or earlier 2nd rounder.

A lot of it has to do with size. On draft day anything can happen of course, but I would venture to say Smith will likely go somewhere between middle of the 2nd to probably late second.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

He will go in the 1st...then again I am a Buckeye homer and have watched him play alot

Comment

Working...
                              X