PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's schedule

TigerJ
11-29-2006, 08:07 AM
I just noticed on the draft order published by the Great Blue North Draft website:

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

Buffalo's opponents thus far this season have the second highest winning percentage in the league, and have every one of the top five teams on their schedule. It wasn't my imagination that Buffalo has a pretty tough schedule. It doesn't get any easier from here. Buffalo's remaining opponents have won .600 of their games thus far this season. I also notice that four of their six losses came at the hands of top five teams. Of course, we also lost to the worst team in the league (Detroit).

don137
11-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Unless Baltimore is fighting for a bye week in the playoffs they may not have anything to play for at the end of the season.
I think the remaining schedule will be a good test for JP and company.

TacklingDummy
11-29-2006, 08:13 AM
And the teams the Bills beat have a combined record or 23-32.

RedEyE
11-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Unless Baltimore is fighting for a bye week in the playoffs they may not have anything to play for at the end of the season.
I think the remaining schedule will be a good test for JP and company.

The same could be said for Miami's last game against Indy....but I think that most teams will not be in a situation to not give their best game in week 17. The playoff race is really heating up now and the AFC has an elite few that will need to play for that bye week.

TacklingDummy
11-29-2006, 08:19 AM
The last time the Bills faced a team with nothing to play for they got smoked by the Steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Buckets
11-29-2006, 08:43 AM
I noticed that in the opponents win % column only the Titans have faced opponents with a higher win percentage than the Bills. Weak schedule huh?

TigerJ
11-30-2006, 12:02 PM
And the teams the Bills beat have a combined record or 23-32.And the teams to which Buffalo lost have a combined record of 34-21, 41-25 if you count NE twice, the Bills having lost to them twice. Four of Buffalo's losses are to top 5 teams.

SquishDaFish
11-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Tiger ignore Dummy youll get through the week much better.

Statman
12-02-2006, 10:38 AM
And the teams to which Buffalo lost have a combined record of 34-21, 41-25 if you count NE twice, the Bills having lost to them twice. Four of Buffalo's losses are to top 5 teams.

Detroit is one of the worst teams in the league and we lost to them.

Houston, Miami, and Green Bay are among the worst and account for three of five wins. Did we dominate those teams?

Minnesota is in the lower half for another. Did we dominate them?

Jacksonville is good but not great and has a stigma for being a poor road team where be beat them. Did we dominate them?

Tennessee and Miami at home should be easy wins so let's see what happens there.

We don't have a prayer in Baltimore and with our sieve rushing defense it will be amazing if Tomlinson does not have a 200 yard game.

justasportsfan
12-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Four of Buffalo's losses are to top 5 teams.

a couple of those teams we almost beat. If anyone ever said we'd almost beat the pats and the colts prior to the season starting, they'd laugh at us.

TigerJ
12-02-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm not really trying to make the point that The Bills are a good team stuck with a tough schedule. If there is any point at all it is that Buffalo would have a tough row to hoe even if they had been a good team this season. I don't think many would argue (besides maybe TD) that Buffalo is a better team now than six games ago.

Meathead
12-02-2006, 11:01 AM
every freaking year for the past five the bills have had one of the tougher schedules

wtf?! give us some damn cupcake seasons for crying out loud

2007:
Sept. 9. Oakland
Sept. 16. @Oakland
Sept. 23 Detroit
Sept. 30 Texas
Oct. 7 Arizona
Oct. 14 Oakland
Oct. 21 Oakland
Oct 28 @Los Angeles
Nov. 4 @Buff State
Nov. 11 @Lingerie Bowl Girls
Nov. 18 @Dustfart Retirement Home
Nov. 25 @Vibrating Board with Plastic Men
Dec. 2 bye
Dec. 9 Miami
Dec. 16 Miami
Dec. 23 Miami
Dec. 30 Miami

BigBoltIke
12-02-2006, 11:12 AM
I feel bad for the Titans.

They played us, because the AFC West is so tough that the third place team could win any other division. They played the Ravens, the Pats, Jets, and the Colts twice.

The misleading thing about records statistics is that the losing teams always had the "toughest schedules" and the winning teams always had the "easiest schedules".

What I look at is how many playoff teams each team had to play.

The Chargers are going to have played (in all likelihood) 3 AFC playoff teams (Baltimore will win the North and either KC, DEN, or CIN are getting a WC) and at least one NFC playoff team for 7 games against playoff teams.

4 of 11 isn't bad. Look at the Bengals though, they're in the same schedule situation the Chargers where in last year. The Bengals have to play 11 games against likely playoff teams, now that's a hard schedule, and if they make the playoffs it'll be amazing.

RockStar36
12-02-2006, 01:51 PM
I'd rather the Bills have a tough schedule. I'm not a fan of teams that get by on a fluff schedule and get a free trip to the playoffs. I'd rather have my team win alot of tough games during the season. The team that does that is more ready for the playoff competition.

And for as much as I disagree with TD, he is right about the Steeler game. Trust me, I'm reminded of it daily because of where I live. I don't take those games for granted when a team has nothing to play for at the end of the season. Then again, the Bills had Bledsoe for that game. That is a huge handicapp.

Mitchy moo
12-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Buffalo had the 3rd toughest schedule in the whole league, which usually makes for harder wins and closer games.

YardRat
12-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Big deal.

If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best.

No game is a gimme in today's NFL.

raphael120
12-02-2006, 03:15 PM
It reminds me of 2004 when we had the cupcake schedule and are making a run for the playoffs and get shown the big "eff you" from the 2nd and 3rd stringers from the Steelers. Got slammed down into reality that year.

Meathead
12-02-2006, 08:28 PM
biggest choke in buffalo bills history